Close
Login
Register

Yuriorkis Gamboa the next Roy Jones

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Yuriorkis Gamboa the next Roy Jones

Postby batangastig » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:36 pm

Ive been watching this cuban boxer since he won the flyweight gold medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics. his style reminds me so much of a roy jones in his prime, and from all his fights so far, i see him "prolly" having more potential than roy jones. his only handicap i believe is his height which is 5'5. this kid's speed, ring awareness, and head movement is pure poetry.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ex=3&hl=en
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Yuriorkis Gamboa the next Roy Jones

Postby batangastig » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:28 pm

emd01 wrote:Yeah, he's a good fighter. Looks like a mix between Jones and Cotto.

yeah i see what u mean with cotto, but i think its too early to say whether he will get as technically sound as cotto. cotto punches with such pure technique that its almost unorthodox. gamboa relies more on his athletism to win matches, but in some sense he does sort of remind me of a cotto type of boxer.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby batangastig » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:53 am

I thought he was going to fight Darling Jimenez on May 17th. Well Jimenez from all of Gamboa's opponents in the past will be his greatest obsticle. I know that Jimenez was informed of their fight in short notice after Marco Ramirez backed out of their fight, but Jimenez is comming out a six fights all won by KO. This will be an exciting fight, but I still see Gamboa coming out of this fight victorious, but not nesessarily a KO win.
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby batangastig » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:44 pm

emd01 wrote:You're right...he's set to face Jiminez. Angulo is on the same card fighting Gutierrez. Sorry, my mistake.
http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet?ACTION_DETAIL=DETAIL&FOCUS_ID=668135

no prob, yeah but ether figher would be a good fight for gamboa, i would rather watch gamboa fight angulo tho.
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.