Close
Login
Register

Your favorite/most effective sub.

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Re: Your favorite/most effective sub.

Postby LiamHillen » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Fearless6691 wrote:
jitzkrieg wrote:^^ I would imagine he is talking about getting over/under, going the motions of a RNC and then transitioning once they make a move to defend, similar to Toquinho vs Mayhem in that video on the other thread.

Just my guess, I've been wrong before

Well does a fake RNC make them tap or?? Lol

It's just a distraction i think? Do you roll with the arm?
[size=200][color=#00FF00]
LiamHillen
Baby Caveman

Postby jitzkrieg » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 am

Fearless6691 wrote:
jitzkrieg wrote:^^ I would imagine he is talking about getting over/under, going the motions of a RNC and then transitioning once they make a move to defend, similar to Toquinho vs Mayhem in that video on the other thread.

Just my guess, I've been wrong before

Well does a fake RNC make them tap or?? Lol

I think the idea is to go for a RNC. Obviously if you get it, you get it. If they defend, you quickly transition to the armbar. That's what I think he means...
jitzkrieg
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby kingomegared » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:42 am

Fearless6691 wrote:
kingomegared wrote:
theronjmartin wrote:mines gotta be the americana i land it all the time

i threaten with that while in side control. just to distract long enough to get the mount. but my most effective sub recently has been this one variation of an armbar from the back. i fake with the RNC and then i strike. but it only has real success without a gi.

Describe how you fake a RNC

i didnt realize you asked that question months ago :oops:

when i have my hooks in i just go for the neck knowing damn well they're expecting it, and then i make it appear as im losing my position due to their defense when im really adjusting to go for the arm. sorta like the way i explained about threatening with the americana just to get to mount. i use a lot of misdirection when i roll.

i feel like not enough people do that (at least at my level), if someone is going for my arm or neck we'll fight for the arm or neck the entire time and if i can defend it (which i've gotten pretty good at) then i've probably gotten to a better position in the process and we proceed from there.

i went to this seminar where rob kahn taught us a shitload of sneaky shit and i dunno about anyone else but i got my money's worth because i've been obsessing about those techniques since i learned em :twisted:
https://twitter.com/#!/Lastwurdz

Suicide?? No, I'd rather vacationcide and come back when it gets boring.
kingomegared
Anti-Star Advocate

Postby jitzkrieg » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:58 am

kingomegared wrote:
Fearless6691 wrote:
kingomegared wrote:
theronjmartin wrote:mines gotta be the americana i land it all the time

i threaten with that while in side control. just to distract long enough to get the mount. but my most effective sub recently has been this one variation of an armbar from the back. i fake with the RNC and then i strike. but it only has real success without a gi.

when i have my hooks in i just go for the neck knowing damn well they're expecting it, and then i make it appear as im losing my position due to their defense when im really adjusting to go for the arm. sorta like the way i explained about threatening with the americana just to get to mount. i use a lot of misdirection when i roll.

i feel like not enough people do that (at least at my level), if someone is going for my arm or neck we'll fight for the arm or neck the entire time and if i can defend it (which i've gotten pretty good at) then i've probably gotten to a better position in the process and we proceed from there.

i went to this seminar where rob kahn taught us a shitload of sneaky shit and i dunno about anyone else but i got my money's worth because i've been obsessing about those techniques since i learned em :twisted:

I love those slick, sneaky moves. I'd be interested in hearing about any more little tricks you picked up along the way. The Demian Maia knee-in-asshole for breaking a closed guard is one of those dirty, yet effective, moves as well. It's hard to get good at, because who really wants to practice sticking a knee in an ass? But once you got it, it makes your rolling partner never want to pull a closed full guard again. Those Brazilians are ruthless lol
jitzkrieg
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby LiamHillen » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:30 am

jitzkrieg wrote:
kingomegared wrote:
Fearless6691 wrote:
kingomegared wrote:

I love those slick, sneaky moves. I'd be interested in hearing about any more little tricks you picked up along the way. The Demian Maia knee-in-asshole for breaking a closed guard is one of those dirty, yet effective, moves as well. It's hard to get good at, because who really wants to practice sticking a knee in an ass? But once you got it, it makes your rolling partner never want to pull a closed full guard again. Those Brazilians are ruthless lol

:lol: I need to try that
LiamHillen
Baby Caveman

Postby LiamHillen » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 am

I'v been doing Judo for a while now , it's helped my submission wrestling loads. When i clinch up i often go for a drop tai-otoshi (my favourite throw) and land in kesa-gatame.
From there , i lock in a scarf hold , while they're fighting that they leave their other arm open for a kimura , so if i cant finish the scarf hold , 9 times out of 10 i finish the kimura
LiamHillen
Baby Caveman

Postby kingomegared » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 am

jitzkrieg wrote:

is there a link for that?? i was taught something similar but when im actually rolling i can never pull it off. maybe maia's way is better....

kingomegared
Anti-Star Advocate

Postby jitzkrieg » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:16 am

kingomegared wrote:
jitzkrieg wrote:

is there a link for that?? i was taught something similar but when im actually rolling i can never pull it off. maybe maia's way is better....

I was actually shown by a training parter who learned it in Brazil. It really is tough to pull off in rolling unless you have tons of reps. Like I said, it's hard to get those in because who wants to drill that over and over?

Were you shown to first stand up, and then drop down to the kneeling position with the knee centered? It adds gravity to the mix and makes it much more painful.
jitzkrieg
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby kingomegared » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:21 am

jitzkrieg wrote:
kingomegared wrote:
jitzkrieg wrote:

I was actually shown by a training parter who learned it in Brazil. It really is tough to pull off in rolling unless you have tons of reps. Like I said, it's hard to get those in because who wants to drill that over and over?

Were you shown to first stand up, and then drop down to the kneeling position with the knee centered? It adds gravity to the mix and makes it much more painful.

no, i was shown to get the knee there without standing. although i have tried to stand and get the right position when im actively rolling. it seemed to be the better way to do it, but even that didnt work. every now and then i still try it but i've never successfully passed a guard with that technique.

kingomegared
Anti-Star Advocate

Postby KeyboardPacifist » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:05 am

jitzkrieg wrote:
kingomegared wrote:
jitzkrieg wrote:

ah. The OG guard break.

dunno if it's a brazil secret :mrgreen: ... 2003, my 3rd week in concord and I asked Cesar for a basic drill. Instead, he took the chance to see if Nick Diaz could instruct... I got all excited (Nick was a nobody then, but he was clearly more technical than the rest of the purple belts... and Nick kept using this double kimura threat) I got happy thinking i'd learn some cool kimura trick. Nope..... the knee-in-anus pass was the move he showed me. And i had drill it over and over, lol.

they were passin out The Gracie Mag here today (at the US Open) and Rafael Lovato states that the knee-thru guard pass is his fav. .... it's solid man. Lots of pressure, forces you to work on balance and base with slidin thru & once you get great at it - it's helluv hard to stop.
[quote="MurderfaceMMA"] Sometimes you have to support one despot/dictator, in order to take out another more dangerous despot/dictator. [/quote]

lol... mma-math works in real life ?
KeyboardPacifist
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:17 am

lately ive been looking for and catching quite a few peruvian neckties off of a sprawl when starting a roll on the feet
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby jitzkrieg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:02 pm

ThirdCoastCombat wrote:lately ive been looking for and catching quite a few peruvian neckties off of a sprawl when starting a roll on the feet

People always chirp me when I do that move in training. Every time I get my arms locked, as soon as I put my foot over the arm some joker yells out PERUVIAN? as if they are asking a question. It's become something of a running gag now.

Love that friggin sub though
jitzkrieg
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:06 pm

jitzkrieg wrote:
ThirdCoastCombat wrote:lately ive been looking for and catching quite a few peruvian neckties off of a sprawl when starting a roll on the feet

People always chirp me when I do that move in training. Every time I get my arms locked, as soon as I put my foot over the arm some joker yells out PERUVIAN? as if they are asking a question. It's become something of a running gag now.

Love that friggin sub though

yeah they all give me shit for it too, but they cant stop it haha
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby ruine87 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 am

keylock from halfguard top position, people dont usualy see it coming till its to late becuase they think im trying to control there arm to get a arm triangle or pass to mount
ruine87
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby pancakefactory » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:43 pm

My go to submission has become the armbar from mount. I'm also a big fan of the Rear Naked choke but I need to improve it.
Image Image
pancakefactory
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Game