Close
Login
Register

Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby philphan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:31 pm

What makes Amanda Nunes more than just the greatest female fighter ever
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/amanda-nun ... 32140.html

Image

LAS VEGAS — Amanda Nunes is the American dream. She’s a 31-year-old Brazilian woman who came to this country penniless, hoping for the same things that so many immigrants who come here do. Success. Prosperity. A better life.

She had few possessions beyond the clothes on her back and the toothbrush in her pocket. She frequently had to rely on the kindness of others in order to eat.

She didn’t have a high-powered manager protecting her interests, getting her endorsements, lining up the most favorable matches for her. She didn’t fight in a major promotion, and she couldn’t afford the best coaches.

On Saturday, following a first-round knockout of Holly Holm in the co-main event of UFC 239 at T-Mobile Arena, UFC president Dana White not only called her the greatest women’s fighter of all time, but he compared her favorably to Anderson Silva, Jon Jones and Georges St-Pierre, three fighters generally regarded as the best fighters ever, period.

She accomplished that in less than five years after having started from the absolute bottom.

Armed with nothing more than her clothes, her toothbrush and a dream, Nunes has shown the world what is possible:

If you never take no for an answer.

If you are willing to pour every last drop of energy into making your dream your reality.

If you refuse to accept anything but greatness.

Nunes is, by any standard, the greatest female fighter who ever lived. Five years ago, she was barely known. She lost a fight to Cat Zingano she probably should have won. That defeat cost her a shot at the championship and dropped her record to just 3-3 in her last six outings.

That came during the height of Rousey-mania, when Ronda Rousey was winning her fights in roughly the time it took to run 100 meters. Few were paying attention to Nunes and less really cared.

Since then, Nunes met the love of her life, fellow UFC fighter Nina Ansaroff. She landed at one of the elite MMA gyms in the world, the fabled American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Florida.

She has beaten Rousey, Miesha Tate, Cris “Cyborg” Justino and Holm in a combined time of just nine minutes, 20 seconds. If Nunes weren’t a part of it, Rousey, Tate, Cyborg and Holm would be good choices for a Mount Rushmore of women’s MMA.

She’s now one of the best draws in the sport, and is only going to get bigger.

Nunes is not only indicative of the extraordinary evolution of the women’s game, but also of Rousey’s continuing influence on it more than two and a half years after she walked away from it. Rousey’s impact on women’s MMA is similar to Tiger Woods’ on golf in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Woods was in far better physical condition than his peers. He could hit the ball further, and from spots in the course that others weren’t capable of doing.

His peers hit the gym and studied their swings and the result is players like Brooks Koepka, who looks like he could be a decent outside linebacker if he weren’t so good at golf.

Likewise, Rousey’s dominance in the earlier part of this decade forced her peers to up their games. Nunes is the best example of that. She has become a destroyer, not just a champion. White suggested it’s time for Holm to retire after the loss to Nunes.

Nunes has that effect on her opponents. Ask Tate, who was brutally beaten at UFC 200 and fought once more, while looking like a shell of herself. Tate retired at 30 years old.

Rousey never fought again after being stopped by Nunes in 48 seconds at UFC 207. She was just 29 at the time.

Nunes doesn’t just win her fights. She ruins careers.

All the while, she’s classy and humble and respectful, the perfect example of what it is to be a professional.

She is among the more prominent openly gay athletes, and as a result of being out, has taken enormous abuse from the narrow-minded who seem to think they have the right to tell her who she should love.

Nunes hasn’t responded to the negativity, and has been nothing but a positive ambassador for her sport. She’s fearsome inside the cage and a role model outside of it.

After the win over Holm, hopefully corporate America takes notice of what she’s doing. Yes, the members of the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team, which won the World Cup for the second consecutive time on Sunday, deserve endorsements and attention and greater pay.

So, too, though, does Nunes.

It would be great to see her on the cover of a cereal box or hawking sneakers or pitching some kind of a popular product. Nunes is the perfect representative of the vast majority of MMA fighters, who are classy, thoughtful and likable people whose good works all too often are ignored.

Nunes is a game-changer. She’s served life lessons to so many. She made it in spite of incredible odds against her.

Those who would say she’s not a star either have an agenda or are ignoring the obvious.

She’s not only a great fighter, but she’s a great person, comparing, compassionate and wise.

Corporate America, take notice. You won’t regret it.
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion
 
Posts: 24412
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby jblaze » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:01 pm

I don't think she is humble at all. Always grinning at her opponents in the staredown. However she has more respect than Rousey. Anyway Rousey was backed by many mainstream feminists. That led to commercials and movies. Nothing against Nunes but she is a woman but not very feminine so it won't be as easy to market her. Anyway I am still shocked that women's MMA is still this bad. Is anyone here going to buy the next PPV Nunes is on??
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby PBells » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Wanna know the real reason? It's because Amanda is a Trump supporter. She's an immigrant lesbian POC but supports Trump, so that greatly confuses Liberal Hollywood and all the corporate leftists.
User avatar
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker
 
Posts: 40948
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:28 pm

PBells wrote:Wanna know the real reason? It's because Amanda is a Trump supporter. She's an immigrant lesbian POC but supports Trump, so that greatly confuses Liberal Hollywood and all the corporate leftists.



Please tell me the Trump part is true :lol: :lol:

If so that is hilarious.

Probably the answer to this as well. :lol:


To be fair to Trump (sorry to anger people with this) he has been one of the most pro LGBTQAARPTNT president ever. The first president to be openly for gay marriage as he enters office in history. Obama voted against it numerous times until the political environment was ideal for him to flip his opinion. Trump also started a world wide campaign to decriminalize homosexuality. Also he took off the sexuality question from the US census

I kinda see why Amanda would like him.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11073
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby PBells » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Trump has a lot support in Brazil and Cuba, the latter of which is unfortunate because Donny reinstated economic sanctions and travel restrictions as quick as he could just to reverse Obama policies.

Jorge Masvidal, Hector Lombard, Yoel Romero, Bigfoot Silva, and Claudia Gadelha are other MMA Trumpers. :nerd:
User avatar
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker
 
Posts: 40948
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby 1098765432 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:32 am

Amanda vs Cedjudo for the corporate America inter gender UFC belt
User avatar
1098765432
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5090
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Only banging super models
Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2018

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby bwawm » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:22 pm

PBells wrote:Wanna know the real reason? It's because Amanda is a Trump supporter.She's an immigrant lesbian POC but supports Trump, so that greatly confuses Liberal Hollywood and all the corporate leftists.


But on the actual real...not like Cyborg has big sponsors ya? Does anyone from WMMA get sponsorship deals unless their super hot or Ronda Rousey?
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby bwawm » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
PBells wrote:Wanna know the real reason? It's because Amanda is a Trump supporter. She's an immigrant lesbian POC but supports Trump, so that greatly confuses Liberal Hollywood and all the corporate leftists.



Please tell me the Trump part is true :lol: :lol:

If so that is hilarious.

Probably the answer to this as well. :lol:


To be fair to Trump (sorry to anger people with this) he has been one of the most pro LGBTQAARPTNT president ever. The first president to be openly for gay marriage as he enters office in history. Obama voted against it numerous times until the political environment was ideal for him to flip his opinion. Trump also started a world wide campaign to decriminalize homosexuality. Also he took off the sexuality question from the US census

I kinda see why Amanda would like him.


Get off the nob dog...if the political environment wasn't already ripe for it Trump wouldn't be sticking up for the folks in that community.

Dude spoke out against the equality act, implemented the trans military ban and also favored the Masterpiece Cakeshop decision (with follow up action that wasn't required at all). To act like he's a champion of civil rights for the LGBQT movement because he said a couple nice things and chastised some foreign countries is a bit misleading, no?

Talking is one thing. Policy is another. Trump's domestic policies tell a different story than his words.
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:39 pm

bwawm wrote:
PBells wrote:Wanna know the real reason? It's because Amanda is a Trump supporter.She's an immigrant lesbian POC but supports Trump, so that greatly confuses Liberal Hollywood and all the corporate leftists.


But on the actual real...not like Cyborg has big sponsors ya? Does anyone from WMMA get sponsorship deals unless their super hot or Ronda Rousey?



Outside of Reebok or Negro Modelo, companies that sponsor the UFC, I am not sure any mma fighter under UFC contract in general really has big sponsorships anymore.

No more Jon Jones/Silva Nike or Mighty Mouse Xbox type stuff.


In Strikeforce I remember Cyborg use to have like 14 different southern California Mitsubishi dealerships sponsors all over her gear :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please don't shout at the cat :tup:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11073
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby PBells » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Cyborg has sponsors currently? I purposefully avoid her social media so I wouldn't know :idea:
User avatar
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker
 
Posts: 40948
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby bwawm » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 pm

PBells wrote:Cyborg has sponsors currently? I purposefully avoid her social media so I wouldn't know :idea:


Does she? Oh shit...well bad point I guess-I've never seen here on any advertisement ever.

I was trying to say that it seems wmma doesn't get sponsorship deals in the same way (likely related to drwaing power) so gals like Ronda seem more like an exception to the rule.

Amanda not getting sponsorships doesn't seem to far out of the norm to me..
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby bwawm » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:45 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
bwawm wrote:
PBells wrote:Wanna know the real reason? It's because Amanda is a Trump supporter.She's an immigrant lesbian POC but supports Trump, so that greatly confuses Liberal Hollywood and all the corporate leftists.


But on the actual real...not like Cyborg has big sponsors ya? Does anyone from WMMA get sponsorship deals unless their super hot or Ronda Rousey?



Outside of Reebok or Negro Modelo, companies that sponsor the UFC, I am not sure any mma fighter under UFC contract in general really has big sponsorships anymore.

No more Jon Jones/Silva Nike or Mighty Mouse Xbox type stuff.


In Strikeforce I remember Cyborg use to have like 14 different southern California Mitsubishi dealerships sponsors all over her gear :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please don't shout at the cat :tup:



:lol: :lol: 20 buck a pop big dog!!!

I have to imagine male mma fighters get more sponsorship deals than the ladies regardless tho...I mean, who's watching right?
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby PBells » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:47 pm

bwawm wrote:
PBells wrote:Cyborg has sponsors currently? I purposefully avoid her social media so I wouldn't know :idea:


Does she? Oh shit...well bad point I guess-I've never seen here on any advertisement ever.


I'm not sure, I was hoping you knew. :lol: I don't read any of her social media because she's a huge whiner.

Though to be fair I think it's hard for most fighters to have big sponsors because of Heebok
User avatar
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker
 
Posts: 40948
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 pm

bwawm wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
PBells wrote:Wanna know the real reason? It's because Amanda is a Trump supporter. She's an immigrant lesbian POC but supports Trump, so that greatly confuses Liberal Hollywood and all the corporate leftists.



Please tell me the Trump part is true :lol: :lol:

If so that is hilarious.

Probably the answer to this as well. :lol:


To be fair to Trump (sorry to anger people with this) he has been one of the most pro LGBTQAARPTNT president ever. The first president to be openly for gay marriage as he enters office in history. Obama voted against it numerous times until the political environment was ideal for him to flip his opinion. Trump also started a world wide campaign to decriminalize homosexuality. Also he took off the sexuality question from the US census

I kinda see why Amanda would like him.


Get off the nob dog...if the political environment wasn't already ripe for it Trump wouldn't be sticking up for the folks in that community.

Dude spoke out against the equality act, implemented the trans military ban and also favored the Masterpiece Cakeshop decision (with follow up action that wasn't required at all). To act like he's a champion of civil rights for the LGBQT movement because he said a couple nice things and chastised some foreign countries is a bit misleading, no?

Talking is one thing. Policy is another. Trump's domestic policies tell a different story than his words.


I will never get off the Nog sir. He is one of my favorite fighters :lol:

Trans military ban is dumb. However I shouldn't have included the "T" in the alphabet soup earlier. Trump has been actually pretty good overall with homosexuals. Transgender and homosexuality are two different things needless to say and i was referencing homosexuality specifically. my bad

I am not for a blanket ban on transgenders in the military but when someone says maybe we should think twice about giving people who commit suicide at nearly 40% regardless on if they go through gender transition or not high powered machinery and weapons i don't think that's really all that dumb of a statement

Especially considering its not a right to join the military. It is a privilege. People get disqualified for all sorts of reasons. Flat feet, asthma, Bi-polar, schizophrenia, etc. Being like 20x more likely or some shit to kill yourself than the average person seems within these established realms

Also its kinda funny you say its only the political climate being ripe for it is why Trump has any support for homosexuals at all. How many times did Obomba vote against gay marriage because "God has a say in it" before he voted for it? Amazingly the polls were coming back that more were for it then against it, almost like he only supports gay marriage when it was a ripe political environment for it.

The Cake decision is a joke....when you go to several dozen Christian owned shops looking for one deliberately that wont make you a cake, you are not a target of unfair treatment as you are actively seeking it out. The owner said he would sell them a cake as well, just not create one that glorifies gay marriage.

Amazing how they did not go to Muslim owned companies to see how they would react, especially if they are genuinely seeking out religious bigotry and not just 1 selected religion. Especially since there are numerous numerous Muslim countries that literally outlaw homosexuality and criminalize it. Plus I highly doubt they would force a Palestinian cake maker to make a "pro Israel lets wipe out Palestine" cake right? Of course not. Or would they make a black baker make a cake for klansmen celebrating white supremacy and lynching? Of course not.

0 ethical or logical consistency on their side at all.

I never said he was a champion for gays either. Just that he was one of the most pro gay presidents in history. Which is a very low bar as again, he was the first president going into the office to not oppose gay marriage (obama, bush, clinton, etc all voted against it numerous times) so yeah the bar is low on that.

Him opposing the equality act is quite dumb I do not disagree there. To me though his other policies implemented and stances taken outweigh it overall. Like trying to get backwards countries to not have homosexuality as being illegal. That seems like a really good pro gay thing to do. could just be me but I think its a good thing to stop countries from killing gays solely for being gay. I thought that was a common sense move that obama bush clinton bush reagan etc all should have done ages ago.

Just my opinion. Sorry for derailing the thread
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11073
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: Why does cooperate America ignore Nunes?

Postby philphan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:44 pm

^^^^ Don't worry about derailing thread Mr. Meow. Just like the sponsors, not many cared about this thread before your comment. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion
 
Posts: 24412
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Next

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users