Close
Login
Register

Who should Floyd fight next!?

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Who should Floyd fight next!?

Postby emd01 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:40 pm

If I was him...id fight a scrub. He is not going to fight GGG. He is not going to fight Lara. Here's my list of B listers id like to see him fight.

1. Paulie Malignaggi-Hell, why not!? He's a recognizable fighter and the fight build up would be hilarious. Might not be much of a match but, hell, who ever is!?

2. Andre Berto-Berto is basically the only WW from his era Floyd hasnt faced. Berto has zero chance of winning but its Floyds last fight...let him go out on a serious ass whooping. We did just pay $100 to watch him spar Pacquiao :lol: .

3. Danny Garcia-Yea...I know...Floyd will peace his ass up but he's young, a champ aaaannnd....wait for it...undefeated :roll: . Again, not much of a match but the back and forth between angel, Sr and Roger...priceless!!!

So, who do you want to see Floyd fight next!?
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Re: Who should Floyd fight next!?

Postby slevin » Thu May 07, 2015 11:34 pm

Do you think he could beat GGG? I dont keep up with this sport; but GGG sounds interesting if they are close in weight. I thought GGG and ward were in the same weight class, and was hoping they would square off.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby emd01 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:58 am

slevin wrote:Do you think he could beat GGG? I dont keep up with this sport; but GGG sounds interesting if they are close in weight. I thought GGG and ward were in the same weight class, and was hoping they would square off.

Yes. Floyd would shut down his offense and decision him in a "boring" fight. Floyds not losing...period.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby slevin » Fri May 08, 2015 11:03 am

emd01 wrote:
slevin wrote:Do you think he could beat GGG? I dont keep up with this sport; but GGG sounds interesting if they are close in weight. I thought GGG and ward were in the same weight class, and was hoping they would square off.

Yes. Floyd would shut down his offense and decision him in a "boring" fight. Floyds not losing...period.

That sounds interesting, I want to see that fight then. If GGG is still undefeated that is, I think it could be pretty entertaining.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby PBells » Fri May 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Paulie Malignaggi... :lol:

How about Amir Khan?
PBells

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Postby emd01 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:19 pm

PsychoBells wrote:Paulie Malignaggi... :lol:

How about Amir Khan?

Id def watch that fight although I don't think Khan has earned it.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby CARVER » Sun May 24, 2015 6:42 pm

How about Amir Khan?

Yes prefer Khan rather than Paulie, or any of the others tbh even though Garcia has beat Khan and the more deserving.

Khan has speed,power and range and is rarely in a boring fight. For me his style would set up for a more interesting fight than the others mentioned. He also has a win over Paulie & unbeaten in his last 4. If he beats Chris Algieri he should be in a good position. Paulie has lost 2 of his last 3, so I'm not sure how Khan is less deserving of the shot.
CARVER
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby PBells » Sun May 24, 2015 9:17 pm

I just watched a montage of Khan getting rocked and I sure hope that Floyd doesn't make him dance like that... :lol:
PBells

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Postby emd01 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:51 pm

CARVER wrote:

How about Amir Khan?

Yes prefer Khan rather than Paulie, or any of the others tbh even though Garcia has beat Khan and the more deserving.

Khan has speed,power and range and is rarely in a boring fight. For me his style would set up for a more interesting fight than the others mentioned. He also has a win over Paulie & unbeaten in his last 4. If he beats Chris Algieri he should be in a good position. Paulie has lost 2 of his last 3, so I'm not sure how Khan is less deserving of the shot.

Well my first post was kind of tongue in cheek if that wasn't clear. I really don't care who Floyd fights next. Khan, Garcia, Malignaggi, GGG...all the fights will look exactly the same. Their punch output would drop dramatically, all of the strengths we might think they'd have going into the fight would be nonexistent fight night and Floyd would box their ears off or "run" as it's called these days. No one raises my eyebrow as a Floyd Mayweather opponent. Noones a threat.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby ltjohnbower » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:09 pm

^ I don't think that it's fair to say all those fights will look the same... Khan has the speed/footwork to make for an interesting fight as Floyd has slowed down considerably over the years. As for GGG, he's the worst match-up for Floyd on paper right now and there isn't much point of discussing this fight, as it will likely never happen. On a lighter note, I dig the boxing forum so keep up the good work man!
ltjohnbower
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby emd01 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:11 am

ltjohnbower wrote:^ I don't think that it's fair to say all those fights will look the same... Khan has the speed/footwork to make for an interesting fight as Floyd has slowed down considerably over the years. As for GGG, he's the worst match-up for Floyd on paper right now and there isn't much point of discussing this fight, as it will likely never happen. On a lighter note, I dig the boxing forum so keep up the good work man!

The same Khan that struggled with that kickboxer Algieri :lol: ? Floyd would make Khan look foolish. Khan would miss a lot, his punch output would drop and he'd get caught clean...a lot! He'd probably get KOed while whining to the ref about something...he does that a lot. Floyd might as well fight Berto if Khan is next.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby pithikos » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:23 am

emd01 wrote:

floyd's too small to pull that off. His father is right not wanting that fight.
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby pithikos » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:25 am

he should spar with Manny again and they can both laugh at us on their way to the bank
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby emd01 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:04 pm

pithikos wrote:
emd01 wrote:

Sure he is.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby pithikos » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:55 am

emd01 wrote:
pithikos wrote:
emd01 wrote:

Sure he is.

you dont think its a mismatch in terms of size? Floyd is usually close to 147 hell he just weighted 149.5 for the Berto fight and its still a month out.
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.