Close
Login
Register

What's next for Pacquiao after Hatton

Discuss all other combat sports here.

What's next for Pacquiao after Hatton

Postby batangastig » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Pacquiao To Fight Cotto Next In November
Bob Arum has revealed to the Manilla press that he intends to put Manny Pacquiao in with Miguel Cotto, should he be victorious against Ricky Hatton on May 2nd. But if that didn't materialise he could also put Pacquiao in with Chavez junior at a catchweight of 150lbs.

"We can do it at Madison Square Garden," said Arum with regards a Pacquiao vs Cotto showdown.

Pacquiao will also be in attendance at ringside for Cotto's forthcoming fight with Joshua Clottey.

"Manny told me that after this one (with Hatton), he would be available to fight next in late November." said Arum.

When pressed whether or not Hatton may defeat Pacquiao, Arum conceded that “anything can happen in boxing, but speed kills and nine out of ten, speed wins as in any other sport.”

Before adding "Hatton can’t fight southpaws."

"Pacquiao figures to win ... and Pacquiao figures to win big. Manny and Freddie have this all figured out" said Arum.

Arum also revealed that Mayweather Junior was also looking for a slice of the winner of Hatton vs Pacquiao but was seeking 60% of the purse, which Arum refutes as he believes that Pacquiao is a bigger draw.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: What's next for Pacquiao after Hatton

Postby carson2121 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:34 pm

i wanna see mayweather vs pacquiao more than anything. hopefully this will be next.
gunswordfist wrote:Hbomb, hospital. Flying hammerfist, cemetery.
carson2121
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.