Close
Login
Register

What does your routine look like?

Conditioning, one of the most important aspects of your training. Strength, everyone needs it. Discuss what works for you?

What does your routine look like?

Postby smrtplayer1 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:16 am

I mostly stick to the normal chest/tri , back/bi split, Legs/abs...Recently I did a workout where I only focused on my triceps. Was wondering how some of your workout routines look like.
Sigbet 0-1
smrtplayer1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Re: What does your routine look like?

Postby Mummra » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:50 am

I'm bad.. I crush a whole bunch of upper body with free weights and very small degree of legs so I lose some physical aesthetics .I wish I could devote more to them but I'm just never been a leg guy. Other then squats here and there and presses once a week that's it.
Mummra
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby BrdrOkm69 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:51 pm

I mix it up a lot of times but I've been doing a lot of super sets lately.

Chest/back
Bis/Tris
Shoulders
Legs

OR

Chest/Tris
Back/Bis
Shoulders
Legs

OR

Back/Shoulders
Back/Bis
Chest/Legs

Just kind of do abs/core and calves whenever. Shit always changes though, I wouldn't even really call it a routine. I work at a gym so I'm here all the time, so it's kind of hard to remember everything as it all blends together. Sometimes I get here wanting to do back and bis, and I'll finish up back and not feel like doing anything else.

Also I've been doing a lot of drop sets lately.
I shook Fedor's hand, and he smiled at my attempt to speak Russian
Most finishes in UFC/Pride/WEC/SF history? CRO COP FOREVER
BrdrOkm69
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: Shook hands with Fedor Emelianenko, Survivor, Nov. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Linker of the Year

Postby smrtplayer1 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Nice...I just changed to doing 4 sets of 8 reps. I change the weights to make sure no matter what I get 8 reps in during the set. Felt my chest was going to explode.
Sigbet 0-1
smrtplayer1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby J D » Tue May 31, 2016 1:37 pm

Every six weeks I switch it up.

Started with full-body for six weeks to get back into shape a few months ago (each day focusing on a different exercise).

Then I took a rest week.

After that, did bro splits (i.e. dedicated days for chest, back, arms, legs, shoulders) for six weeks.

Rest week.

Now I'm doing mixed splits (chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders, legs -- doubling up on a different one every week). I've been doing these for more than six weeks at this point.

I always target abs a few times a week as a cool down.
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D

Accolades: 2017-2018 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
2016-2017 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
I am Canadian

Postby smrtplayer1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Thanks for your input! Think I may try the bro routine.
Sigbet 0-1
smrtplayer1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby J D » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:46 am

smrtplayer1 wrote:Thanks for your input! Think I may try the bro routine.

For what it's worth, I've noticed more gains with the mixed-split routine (possibly because it allows you to double up on one of the body groups every week.

For example:

Monday: Shoulders
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Chest/tris
Thursday: Back/bis
Friday: Shoulders

I rotate exercises every week (so I don't do shoulders every Monday and legs every Tuesday, etc.); I also don't double up on the same area every Friday. I sort of rotate (last week I double up on shoulders, the week before I doubled up on chest/tris, and this week I'm doubling up on arms -- both tris/bis as well as forearms).
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D

Accolades: 2017-2018 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
2016-2017 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
I am Canadian

Return to Conditioning and Strength Training