Close
Login
Register

What are you on?

From couch potato to Title Holder, what to eat to stay in top shape

What are you on?

Postby slacker27 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:53 am

What supplements are you on? How long and results?

Really considering getting off my only food as suppz kick, so minimal trolling plz
PIMPS UP FOE DOWN

WAR MMAACHEETAH
slacker27
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: What are you on?

Postby KC Masterpiece » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:50 pm

slacker27 wrote:What supplements are you on? How long and results?

Really considering getting off my only food as suppz kick, so minimal trolling plz

Eh I guess I don't really have much to offer than. Why do you think food only isn't working? What are you trying to accomplish that you think supps will help with?

Food + protein + multi is the stock answer and I agree with it. I have used Flax/Fish Oil, beta alanine and creatine in the past, and found keeping up with taking all of it/paying for all of it was not worth the effects they garnered (which were negligible).
MurderfaceMMA wrote:A few years ago i was downloading all the UFCs from torrent sites. One day my internet was shut off, and when i called the provider, they said the UFCs lawyers called and got an injunction to shut down my internet.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece
Deputy Director Masterbro

Postby Fearless6691 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:42 am

SkwisgaarMMA wrote:
KC Masterpiece wrote:

Eh I guess I don't really have much to offer than. Why do you think food only isn't working? What are you trying to accomplish that you think supps will help with?

Food + protein + multi is the stock answer and I agree with it. I have used Flax/Fish Oil, beta alanine and creatine in the past, and found keeping up with taking all of it/paying for all of it was not worth the effects they garnered (which were negligible).

I must agree with your assessment.

I only do whey protein+multi+fish oil other than my normal diet. I really only do the fish oil because it helps my shoulder to not squeak since my surgery.

Really? I have some joints like that too, I think I am going to get some fish oil they are not too expensive usually.
Right now I take Gold Standard Whey,the AnimalPak and I take C4, NO or Jack for a preworkout because I have a hard time getting focus and ready to workout with a busy schedule.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby slacker27 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:04 am

KC Masterpiece wrote:

I turned 30 last year and my recovery time is not what it use to be. Not looking for a magic bullet just something to enhance my diet I guess. I've been contemplating suppz like whey/creatine/ and something for the joints as I find those have deteriorated over time.
PIMPS UP FOE DOWN

WAR MMAACHEETAH
slacker27
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby timbercutter » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:47 am

whey protein and beer......................
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby Fearless6691 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:03 pm

timbercutter wrote:whey protein and beer......................

I chase all my shots of Jack with MuscleMilk
"
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby timbercutter » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Fearless6691 wrote:
timbercutter wrote:whey protein and beer......................

I chase all my shots of Jack with MuscleMilk

Damn!....that's hardcore.
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors

Postby Poop Cannon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 am

I'm a wannabe lacto-ovo vegetarian (fuck everyone else, you people can eat shit for all I care btw) :)

I eat well and planned, and pretty much take the following:
-whey protein
-multivitamin
-the occasional oil
-iron and zinc

I don't think anything else is really that necessary, and even the faggy iron/zinc/vitamin stuff you can pretty much skip if you eat well. For the most part I do, but... whey I take after workout, just because I generally don't feel like eating afterwards for a long ass time. I chase that stuff down with a banana, I don't really believe in eating sugar out of a jar. :)

Planned diet = mother fucking win, no use even considering supplementing anything if you eat like Roy Nelson
Fedor is the GOAT, and exemplifies everything that is good in this sport
Poop Cannon
Two Account Ban Wins
Two Account Ban Wins

Postby ThomasAxel » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:21 pm

All my supplements are nutramino / optimum nutrition - casein - whey isolate - whey protein - creatin - bcaa - abb speedstack - amino energy --- optimen vitamin - flaxseed oil and ALA.

I just started working towards doing fitness competitions since ive had back problems for well over a year, and im just not able to compete in Mma until its resolved - so the following is my plan for just that.

Meal 1- Immediately upon awakening • 1 scoop Whey Isolate
Meal 2(40mins later) • 1 cup oats • 1 scoop casein • ¾ cup egg whites or ½ cup egg whites + 1 egg • 1-2 tbsp. almond butter or natural peanut butter • ½ banana or ½ cup fruit
Meal 3 • ½ egg whites or 1 cup Greek yogurt(non-fat) • 10-15 almonds
Meal 4 • Chicken breast 1 ½ • Veggies • 1 cup brown rice • 1 tbsp. olive oil or healthy fat
Meal 5 (pre workout) Consume 1 ½ - 2 hrs. prior to training • ½ cup oats • 1 scoop whey protein (30mins prior to training)
Meal 6 (post workout) • 1-2 scoop Whey isolate • 1-2 scoop Waxy maize or quick sugars(fruits) • NO FAT SOURCES AT ALL
Meal 7- Same as Meal #4 but switch protein source occassionally
Meal 8 (Night) • 1 scoop casein • ½ egg whites • 1-2 tbsp. almond butter or Natural PB
*Note the substitutions and exceptions
*Most important protein shake to consume is immediately after training, it is totally fine to switch the protein shakes in the diet with a natural protein source such as chicken.
*Complex Carb subs- brown rice example= whole wheat pasta/breads, sweet potato,oats

* Protein source subs-chicken= extra lean turkey,fish(talapia,salmon,tuna),extra lean ground beef and steak
*Meal 7- your body can afford simple carbs such as regular potatoes and white rice during this point, especially if your are a HARD GAINER. ONLY DURING THIS MEAL.
*Casein sub= egg whites with fat source
ThomasAxel
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby timbercutter » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:05 pm

ThomasAxel wrote:
I just started working towards doing fitness competitions

what is a fitness competition?
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Postby ThomasAxel » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:41 pm

timbercutter wrote:
ThomasAxel wrote:

Huh? can´t tell if your jokeing bro! Part of natural fitness and bodybuilding - its refered to as Natural Bodybuilding.
ThomasAxel
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby timbercutter » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:18 pm

ThomasAxel wrote:
timbercutter wrote:
ThomasAxel wrote:

Huh? can´t tell if your jokeing bro! Part of natural fitness and bodybuilding - its refered to as Natural Bodybuilding.

nope...I didn't know wut it was?
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Postby WilliamHGacy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:20 pm

this may be be a little off topic, but this seems as an appropriate place as ever to ask, what would be good to take for joint health? I'm always worried about taking care of my knees
WilliamHGacy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Acepitbull » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 pm

I use fish oil for the joints. I also use Gold Standard Natural Whey Protein, Xtend, and a multi-vitamin. I use a casein protein once in a while. I also use various RTD protein shakes when I'm in a hurry.
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.-Mark Twain

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.- Confucius
Acepitbull
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Fearless6691 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Acepitbull wrote:I use fish oil for the joints. I also use Gold Standard Natural Whey Protein, Xtend, and a multi-vitamin. I use a casein protein once in a while. I also use various RTD protein shakes when I'm in a hurry.

Xtend is a gimmick
"
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Next

Return to Nutrition