Close
Login
Register

Weed and Weight Lifting

Conditioning, one of the most important aspects of your training. Strength, everyone needs it. Discuss what works for you?

Weed and Weight Lifting

Postby Glass Chin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Most guys who are hardcore lifters, surely remember Arnie was known to chief bud after work outs and consume massive amounts of protein. What are your opinions of smoking weed while trying to stay in peak physical shape and it's affects on your physical fitness?
Glass Chin
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: Weed and Weight Lifting

Postby FrankDux88 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:23 pm

I smoke small amounts daily but only after a workout since it can make you lethargic heading into the gym if you do so beforehand. When it comes to consuming the necessary calories, carbs, and protein I feel it helps as it turns my stomach into a never ending pit (or at least makes my brain believe that) ..Not to mention all the other non-workout related benefits haha.
FrankDux88
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby timbercutter » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:50 pm

no problem at all...
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby 1098765432 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:36 am

Na, it surely doesnt help.The body in no way is meant to inhale smoke and the brain is not meant to be drugged.
I hate how weed is now being termed as medicinal to, sure to a cancer patient needing something to stop nausea after treatment or something like that. but to the healthy human its not doing anything positive no matter what the pro weed heads try to say.
Using does have short term side effects but its the years of use that really do the damage and keep people in a fog.
Want best results from weight lifting dont do it.
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby KC Masterpiece » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:11 pm

:pointup: :tup: :tup:
MurderfaceMMA wrote:A few years ago i was downloading all the UFCs from torrent sites. One day my internet was shut off, and when i called the provider, they said the UFCs lawyers called and got an injunction to shut down my internet.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece
Deputy Director Masterbro

Postby timbercutter » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:04 pm

^^ right...I'm sure everyone is different. But I blaze a one hit every once in a while during my 2.5 hr workout...never noticed any problems
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby Glass Chin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:02 pm

I don't smoke and I'm no doctor but the question was posed because a friend of mine is in really good shape. Decent sized guy probably around 205-210 and he is a beast in the gym but smokes bud like its nothing. I'm a pretty big guy @ about 225 and he goes lift for lift with me and usually kills me when we do our cardio circuits. It just baffles me that this guy is capable of doing all this while being the biggest pot head I know. He's also Jamaican though so maybe it is in his genes? :lol:
Glass Chin
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby CoffeeEnemasBrah » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:39 am

1) Its definitely in his genes (the strength, stamina, and weed smoking ability)
2) Weed before bed reduces sleep quality and REM sleep, thus affecting recovery
CoffeeEnemasBrah
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Formerly biscuits69

Postby mcpoopants » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:16 am

weed smoking helped me lift for longer amount of time and do more generally. appetite was huge after it as well.
mcpoopants
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby pithikos » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:56 am

biscuitsbrah wrote:1) Its definitely in his genes (the strength, stamina, and weed smoking ability)

Shit didnt know that, there goes my routine. I had trouble sleeping after some personal stuff and weed helped me sleep like a baby. But I was feeling a bit weak when going to the gym early in the morning which I attributed to not eating that well and not to quality less sleep.
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby CoffeeEnemasBrah » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:28 pm

pithikos wrote:
biscuitsbrah wrote:1) Its definitely in his genes (the strength, stamina, and weed smoking ability)

Shit didnt know that, there goes my routine. I had trouble sleeping after some personal stuff and weed helped me sleep like a baby. But I was feeling a bit weak when going to the gym early in the morning which I attributed to not eating that well and not to quality less sleep.

Ever wonder why when you smoke weed before you sleep you dont remember your dreams? And when you take a tolerance break, all of a sudden you get really vivid nightmares?

The more you remember your dreams = the better quality sleep
CoffeeEnemasBrah
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Formerly biscuits69

Postby slevin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 pm

biscuitsbrah wrote:Ever wonder why when you smoke weed before you sleep you dont remember your dreams? And when you take a tolerance break, all of a sudden you get really vivid nightmares?

The more you remember your dreams = the better quality sleep

That isnt true at all, when you remember your dreams that means you havent completed a full REM cycle. When you havent completed a full REM cycle you tend to wake up feeling tired and sleepy.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby upgradde » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:24 pm

I have always blazed for years before workouts never any feelings about it. I always do cardio first because it warms up my muscles and helps to reduce injury. But... i fucking got put on probation and had to stop blazing. Since then my workouts really havent changed at all maybe my muscles are so programmed that they just work that way now but it hasnt affected strength, stamina, or intensity whatsoever. Just my experience on both sides of the fence. One day i will be a stoner again and i cant fucking wait
upgradde
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Return to Conditioning and Strength Training