Close
Login
Register

Was Luke really ever that good?

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Was Luke really ever that good?

Postby philphan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Mr. Meow really has me thinking about just how shitty Luke has always been.

This does speak well for people like me who hate on bisping though. Really devalues his already shitty title reign. Has Luke always sucked. Worst in history easily. I mean he beat a shitty fighter with a shitty chin who he got destroyed by a year earlier, and bitched out of giving him a trilogy rematch? which Luke was nice enough to give bisping on short notice? Even tho luke has always sucked. Then he refused to fight anyone in the top 25 in the MW division while saying he was to injured to fight middleweights but healthy enough to fight welterweights?

Damn. The more Luke loses cause he is a shitty fighter, the more bisping looks like shit. Especially how he got dominated in that first fight and was crying to the ref to call imaginary fouls

Has Luke always really sucked?
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Re: Was Luke really ever that good?

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some selective but hilarious editing here and me making a tongue in cheek comment are getting spun very well here :lol: :lol:

I like it though. Its an interesting albeit blunt way to discuss an interesting subject

I don't think Luke sucked. However he was always chinny.

I think his success as an elite fighter (not a good one, but an elite specifically) was in large part (pun intended) predicated on fighting at middleweight.

His ground game is phenomenal but was assisted largely (no more puns sorry) by being a gargantuan middleweight.

Against Jan he did the usual, either kicks or takedown, don't box, but when he couldn't get the takedown he got sloppy and got caught.

Luke is lucky LHW sucks assssssssss. However i doubt it makes a difference. He needs to be humble. Talking shit about beating up Jon Jones in a division you haven't fought at yet it dumb. Doing so before getting sent to the astral plane by jan fucking blaxkzkzkhiwz is worse.

His attitude is a big negative about him too.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby warriorxvv » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:51 pm

Said this before and ill say it again, if it came to picking a wing man on the night out. My man is Luke. All the models and drugs and drinks, my god.
warriorxvv
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby philphan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:57 pm

warriorxvv wrote:Said this before and ill say it again, if it came to picking a wing man on the night out. My man is Luke. All the models and drugs and drinks, my god.

:lol: :lol: Just don't get into a fight with a guy who throws a good left had punch. :rip: :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Postby jblaze » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 pm

His wrestling and jujitsu are good. His kicks are also pretty good and he was a big 185er. He never had any boxing or chin which didn't get exposed until the Bisping fight. TRT Vitor might have destroyed his suspect chin.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:55 pm

When u get KOd by Bisking you suck and have no right moving up to lhw
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2018

Postby slevin » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:17 pm

If Luke is bad just imagine how shitty Weidman must be to have a competitive fight with the Glass Joe of MMA.....AND LOSE! :lol:
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby slevin » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:21 pm

Btw the answer is yes he was good. You dont beat Jacare and other elite mws, by not being good lol. His bjj, and use of distance are good but his chin and kickboxing defense aren't good.

I dont think the guy ever made adjustments to his loss against Bisping.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby abcd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 pm

jblaze wrote:His wrestling and jujitsu are good. His kicks are also pretty good and he was a big 185er. He never had any boxing or chin which didn't get exposed until the Bisping fight. TRT Vitor might have destroyed his suspect chin.

Agreed. Even though his chin is weak he could work around it like bisping did if he would just work on his boxing. He's too proud though
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Fantasy Draft C-League Champion: May 2018 (Final)

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:51 pm

WTF?!?!??

Yes he was that good! Yes he was superior looking, had superior genetics, and was superior in skill to all of his opponents. Luke was never impressed by anyone because Luke was so superior in all aspects of life and combat fighting.

He was just unlucky that his opponents routinely caught him and unlucky that his training partners never impressed him with their skill level and could never prepare him properly for his next fight.

It’s not his fault that he got caught with a lucky punch so many times in his career. It’s not Luke’s fault! Nothing is Luke’s fault.

Don’t blame Luke. Blame that bastard called Karma and his opponent’s ability to be so damn lucky so many damn times.

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby PainDog » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:54 pm

Henri Hooft has said that Luke is the most talented fighter he has ever trained.

Javier Mendez has also said on more than one occasion how impressed he was at Luke's kicks especially considering he didnt grow up training a martial art that involved kicking.

Luke seems as talented as anyone but so supremely arrogant that he fights like nothing can go wrong.

He looked at Jan with the same disdain that he looked at Bisping.

We could assume that it was just preflight mental warfare...but in the fight its self he fought with the same lack of defense and nonchalance he did against Bisping.

It wasn't that surprising to see him get knocked considering how he started the fight.

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:28 pm

PainDog wrote:Henri Hooft has said that Luke is the most talented fighter he has ever trained.

Javier Mendez has also said on more than one occasion how impressed he was at Luke's kicks especially considering he didnt grow up training a martial art that involved kicking.

Luke seems as talented as anyone but so supremely arrogant that he fights like nothing can go wrong.

He looked at Jan with the same disdain that he looked at Bisping

We could assume that it was just preflight mental warfare...but in the fight its self he fought with the same lack of defense and nonchalance he did against Bisping.

It wasn't that surprising to see him get knocked considering how he started the fight.

This. He has no sense of urgency and would rather laugh off getting tagged as a mere inconvenience, rather than a lack of skill or a possible hole in his game.

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby ThaBlackGuy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:41 pm

Ppl these days are always such prisoners of the moment. He's old and can't cut weight anymore. That's all it is. And he's probably struggled with this for years. He finally had to move up. Father time for ya..

Strikeforce Luke was a sick as hell. And he's been dope in the UFC. I get it... He lost to bisping.... it's a fight crazy stuff happens. But lets not go crazy here
shout out to monkeystyle5000 for making this gif

women need to know their place in the octagon...and thats holding up a number and wearing a thong

--Daniel Tosh
ThaBlackGuy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:08 am

Shoop that fluke and we can find out how good he really was
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2018

Postby willis » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:55 am

slevin wrote:Btw the answer is yes he was good. You dont beat Jacare and other elite mws, by not being good lol. His bjj, and use of distance are good but his chin and kickboxing defense aren't good.

I dont think the guy ever made adjustments to his loss against Bisping.

FWIW He barely beat Jacare and it showed in his reaction to the decision. Luke is a beast of a grappler who kicks real hard. That’s about it.
ImageImage
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Fantasy C-League Champion: May 2016

Next

Return to MMA Discussion