Close
Login
Register

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 218

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: UFC 283

Postby BerzerkerJr » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:36 am

Teixera is the man.. tough old man strength
BerzerkerJr
bad ass

Accolades: Survivor Champ Dec 21

Postby duvalfan » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:54 am

Fyodor wrote:
duvalfan wrote:$20 on magny. Pays out $100. Burns is fucken good but magny a huge dog? Worth the risk

All we had to do was bet the opposite and we d be rich now :lol:

Haha yeah 1/5 and all I could rely on was shogun losing. I hate to say it but that was the easiest bet ever :wink:
duvalfan
Mod Emeritus

Postby Alexbkk75 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:16 pm

What an incredible event full of heart and violence!

Early & Prelims:

Marcos had a successful debut and as the fight was advancing it seemed more and more that Oliveira was going to break. It didn't miss, I will pay more attention to him next time. Nunes really needs to learn to mix it up. She was against a much taller woman and her whole gameplan consisted of superman punches and wild hooks. This being said, both women came aggressive and left it all in the cage. Dalby and Alves had a close fight, somewhat decent overall and I agree with the decision.

These Bonfim brothers: YES! I was really hoping they would show up and they did just that. Ismael was pushing the pace and doing really well against McKinney, then that knee was a thing of beauty. Gabriel was also pretty efficient with a kick ass guillotine. I am most excited about them and can't wait to see them climb their divisions!

Stamann did ok but nothing impressive against a newcomer. Lacerda should have put more pressure to get the clinch and the takedown. Again, seems like poor gameplan to me on the Brazilian side. Jailton Almeida, I take notice every time he fights and that's for a reason. I see him becoming champ soon. He finally looks almost big enough to be a HW. Another 10 pounds will do the trick. The way he ragdolled and slammed a guy who was probably 280+ lbs was seriously impressive.

Moises had a good performance. Granted, it was a mismatch and a late replacement, but I feel he has the potential to get in the top 10 if he fights like he did this weekend. Ferreira coming as a replacement had the perfect UFC debut. Great KO of a guy I consider an absolute savage. I believe Rodrigues will rethink his whole strategy going forward given that he is a decorated grappler.

Shogun... What happened is probably what most people anticipated. It has been a crazy rollercoaster watching his career over the last 19 years or so. He was one of my heroes in Pride, accomplished incredible things at such a young age. He had ups and downs (broken arm in Pride, unsuccessful UFC debut) but he persevered and got the belt. One of the few people who held both Pride and UFC belts. And that means a lot. His fights with Henderson were crazy. Yes, he lost a lot to guys that shouldn't have won but it was always pleasant to see him around and still fighting. I wish him all the best, he'll remain as one of my all time favorites.

Main card:

I thought the Paul Craig KO was an early stoppage at first. It clearly wasn't. Good on Walker for having another great and unusual performance. Stupid of him to dance again after and potentially hurt his shoulder again... Some people man :lol: Andrade really came to get a KO in front of her crowd. She really pushed the pace and although Murphy is tough as hell, she was no match at all. She got her face rearranged properly :-? . But again, both ladies came to fight and it was quite entertaining.

Burns and Magny: I was curious to see how it would go down and why the odds were so wild. Well, it was for a reason. I'm glad to see Burns going back to his roots, avoiding damage and getting an easy SUB win.

I was rooting for Moreno but I really didn't think he would take it in Brazil. But, he looked really sharp, his striking was on point and had great timing for those takedowns. He did look slightly more muscular for this fight, which I believe may have made a difference. I have to say though that Fig is very dangerous from his back and I'm down to see him fight at BW. I didn't see any controversy in the punch btw, close fist with close thumb, nothing illegal for me there.

The main event was as entertaining as expected. Both men gave it their all. I thought Glover would get more takedowns and secure a win but Hill's defense held up for the most part. Hill's left high kicks really made a big impact, good strategy. His hands were also very fast and accurate. Glover showed incredible resilience and had his moments as well. It was a great fight and he had a career he can be proud of. Let's see who will be next in line for the belt.

Overall, great event. Sad to see legends go but there are so many young hungry lions coming every day, things look bright for MMA 8) :beer:

Also, Brazilian fans throwing cans at Moreno and leaving before Glover can make his retirement speech... Complete disrespect.
It's 2023 and I fucking love each and every one of you.

Long live Linker!

Alexbkk75
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: Pick em champ May 2021, July 2021, Aug 2021, June 2022, Aug 2022,
September 2022
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x3
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
Fantasy League Champ Dec 2021

Postby Ghost of PBells » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:11 pm

On my he bright side, us bitter Shogun fans have another guy to root against
“You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. This idea is an expression of tribal identity politics and existential dread, not reason. A rational statement cannot—can never—have the slightest effect on an irrational belief.”
Ghost of PBells
Purveyor of Pomp and Positivity

Accolades: Linker Legend
Former Admin and life blood of linker
All time post leader
Loved by all

Postby AXEMELL » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:45 pm

philphan wrote:
duvalfan wrote:Shogun gonna get his ass whooped again :|

Old guard represented at this UFC. War Shogun War Glover

One more for old Shogun. Still love that guy, but time to ride off into the redeeming Jesus sunset. I was watching some old pride GP shit yesterday on youtube, and I know this is old shit on linker but WARPRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hand2: :hand2:
Anger he smiles towering in shiny metallic purple armour
Queen jealousy, envy waits behind him
Her fiery green gown sneers at the grassy ground
Blue are the life giving waters, taken for granted
They quietly understand
AXEMELL
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Postby asdfghjkl » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:48 pm

I just found out this happened. Wonder what the ppv buys are.
asdfghjkl
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby philphan » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:09 pm

Alexbkk75 wrote:What an incredible event full of heart and violence!

Early & Prelims:

Marcos had a successful debut and as the fight was advancing it seemed more and more that Oliveira was going to break. It didn't miss, I will pay more attention to him next time. Nunes really needs to learn to mix it up. She was against a much taller woman and her whole gameplan consisted of superman punches and wild hooks. This being said, both women came aggressive and left it all in the cage. Dalby and Alves had a close fight, somewhat decent overall and I agree with the decision.

These Bonfim brothers: YES! I was really hoping they would show up and they did just that. Ismael was pushing the pace and doing really well against McKinney, then that knee was a thing of beauty. Gabriel was also pretty efficient with a kick ass guillotine. I am most excited about them and can't wait to see them climb their divisions!

Stamann did ok but nothing impressive against a newcomer. Lacerda should have put more pressure to get the clinch and the takedown. Again, seems like poor gameplan to me on the Brazilian side. Jailton Almeida, I take notice every time he fights and that's for a reason. I see him becoming champ soon. He finally looks almost big enough to be a HW. Another 10 pounds will do the trick. The way he ragdolled and slammed a guy who was probably 280+ lbs was seriously impressive.

Moises had a good performance. Granted, it was a mismatch and a late replacement, but I feel he has the potential to get in the top 10 if he fights like he did this weekend. Ferreira coming as a replacement had the perfect UFC debut. Great KO of a guy I consider an absolute savage. I believe Rodrigues will rethink his whole strategy going forward given that he is a decorated grappler.

Shogun... What happened is probably what most people anticipated. It has been a crazy rollercoaster watching his career over the last 19 years or so. He was one of my heroes in Pride, accomplished incredible things at such a young age. He had ups and downs (broken arm in Pride, unsuccessful UFC debut) but he persevered and got the belt. One of the few people who held both Pride and UFC belts. And that means a lot. His fights with Henderson were crazy. Yes, he lost a lot to guys that shouldn't have won but it was always pleasant to see him around and still fighting. I wish him all the best, he'll remain as one of my all time favorites.

Main card:

I thought the Paul Craig KO was an early stoppage at first. It clearly wasn't. Good on Walker for having another great and unusual performance. Stupid of him to dance again after and potentially hurt his shoulder again... Some people man :lol: Andrade really came to get a KO in front of her crowd. She really pushed the pace and although Murphy is tough as hell, she was no match at all. She got her face rearranged properly :-? . But again, both ladies came to fight and it was quite entertaining.

Burns and Magny: I was curious to see how it would go down and why the odds were so wild. Well, it was for a reason. I'm glad to see Burns going back to his roots, avoiding damage and getting an easy SUB win.

I was rooting for Moreno but I really didn't think he would take it in Brazil. But, he looked really sharp, his striking was on point and had great timing for those takedowns. He did look slightly more muscular for this fight, which I believe may have made a difference. I have to say though that Fig is very dangerous from his back and I'm down to see him fight at BW. I didn't see any controversy in the punch btw, close fist with close thumb, nothing illegal for me there.

The main event was as entertaining as expected. Both men gave it their all. I thought Glover would get more takedowns and secure a win but Hill's defense held up for the most part. Hill's left high kicks really made a big impact, good strategy. His hands were also very fast and accurate. Glover showed incredible resilience and had his moments as well. It was a great fight and he had a career he can be proud of. Let's see who will be next in line for the belt.

Overall, great event. Sad to see legends go but there are so many young hungry lions coming every day, things look bright for MMA 8) :beer:

Also, Brazilian fans throwing cans at Moreno and leaving before Glover can make his retirement speech... Complete disrespect.

Yeah, shogun was tough to watch. Hill is interesting as champion. Great breakdown.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
4 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!

philphan
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar. & Apr. 2017, Dec. 2018, November 2022
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct. 2017, Jan./Feb. 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x5)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug. 2019, Feb. 2020, Sep. 2020, January 2022, July 2022, October 2022
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Pillar of Linker
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker x3

Postby BerzerkerJr » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:53 am

Man.. that post fight speech by the Ukrainian after he beat the legend and local hero was painful to watch. All for Ukraine beating the fuck out of the Russians but that was just not the place and moment....
BerzerkerJr
bad ass

Postby Alexbkk75 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:27 am

BerzerkerJr wrote:Man.. that post fight speech by the Ukrainian after he beat the legend and local hero was painful to watch. All for Ukraine beating the fuck out of the Russians but that was just not the place and moment....

Agreed, everybody feels for Ukraine, but read the room dude. His dance and speech killed the whole thing for Shogun.

Also, why did the UFC give Rua a young guy with a good record for his retirement bout in Brazil? Couldn't they just sign Sam Alvey again just for that purpose?
It's 2023 and I fucking love each and every one of you.

Long live Linker!

Alexbkk75
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: Pick em champ May 2021, July 2021, Aug 2021, June 2022, Aug 2022,
September 2022
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x3
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
Fantasy League Champ Dec 2021

Postby philphan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:34 pm

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 218

Derrick Lewis vs. Sergey Spivak
Jung Da-un vs. Devin Clark
Marcin Tybura vs. Blagoy Ivanov
Choi Doo-ho vs. Kyle Nelson

Yusaku Kinoshita vs. Adam Fugitt
Jeka Saragih vs. Anshul Jubli
Lee Jeong-yeong vs. Yi Zha
Toshiomi Kazama vs. Rinya Nakamura
Choi Seung-guk vs. Park Hyun-sung
Kim Ji-yeon vs. Mandy Böhm

Park Jun-yong vs. Denis Tiuliulin
Tatsuro Taira vs. Jesús Santos Aguilar

Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar. & Apr. 2017, Dec. 2018, November 2022
Survivor (x5)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug. 2019, Feb. 2020, Sep. 2020, January 2022, July 2022, October 2022
Pillar of Linker

Re: UFC FIGHT NIGHT 218

Postby BerzerkerJr » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:11 am

Let's go Lewis
BerzerkerJr
bad ass

Postby philphan » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:07 pm

BerzerkerJr wrote:Let's go Lewis

He needs a good win. That Russian is really good so I'm not sure. He is fun to watch no matter what.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan

Survivor (x5)
Pillar of Linker

Postby philphan » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:40 pm

Derrick Lewis doesn’t want Dan Miragliotta reffing UFC Vegas 68 fight after past stoppages: ‘He’s got a conspiracy out on me’
https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/2/2/23 ... -out-on-me

Derrick Lewis welcomes any opponent, but there’s one face he doesn’t want to see in the cage with him: Referee Dan Miragliotta.

The veteran official has been the in-cage official for Lewis’ past two fights, which both ended in Lewis losing via knockout. This Saturday, Lewis fights Serghei Spivac in the main event of UFC Vegas 68 and he’s ready to protest if Miragliotta is assigned to his fight again.

“They act like they didn’t see that last fight,” Lewis said of critics of his recent performances at UFC Vegas 68 media day on Wednesday. “They’re going to stop the fight all early and this and that, and [people are] like, ‘I don’t know if Derrick still has it.’ Come on, man. Dan Miragliotta, whatever his name is, he’s got a conspiracy out on me. The last two fights I lost, he’s been the ref.

“If he’s the ref on this fight, I’m going to be like, ‘I don’t want him.’ If they’re still going to try to put him in the cage and he’s going to say, ‘Fighter, you ready? Fighter, you ready?’ I’m going to say, ‘No.’ We’re going to need Herb Dean or somebody up in there because [Miragliotta] ain’t reffing none of my fights. No offense to him, he’s a great guy, I’m pretty sure, but I don’t want him reffing none of my fights.”

Lewis has lost three of his past four fights, all of which had Miragliotta as the third man in the cage, including an interim heavyweight title fight loss to Ciryl Gane at UFC 265 in Lewis’ stomping grounds of Houston. “The Black Beast” rebounded with a quick finish of Chris Daukaus, but then lost back-to-back fights to Tai Tuivasa and Sergei Pavlovich, also in Texas.

In the closing moments of the Tuivasa and Pavlovich fights, Lewis was clearly rocked by his opponents leading to Miragliotta stepping in, but in both instances Lewis immediately complained about the stoppage.

Lewis is undefeated inside the UFC APEX, where he fights this Saturday, but is still sour about his Texas slump that started with the Gane loss.

“I was undefeated in Texas too until Dan Miragliotta f***** all that up,” Lewis said. “Hopefully, I can keep it going in Vegas. I’m undefeated in Vegas also.”

Asked to explain why he can’t find a win in Texas anymore, Lewis again pointed to Miragliotta’s officiating, with tongue in cheek.

“I’m telling you, it’s a conspiracy,” Lewis said, laughing. “They need to do a background check on Dan, for real. I’m serious.”
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan

Survivor (x5)
Pillar of Linker

Postby Ghost of PBells » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:19 pm

Big Dan is shit in MMA. He's tried to kill Frank Mir in both MMA and bareknuckle, too
“You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. This idea is an expression of tribal identity politics and existential dread, not reason. A rational statement cannot—can never—have the slightest effect on an irrational belief.”
Ghost of PBells

Accolades: Linker Legend
Former Admin and life blood of linker
All time post leader
Loved by all

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:23 pm

Ghost of PBells wrote:Big Dan is shit in MMA. He's tried to kill Frank Mir in both MMA and bareknuckle, too

I guess....I simply.....do not...............

................................understand where you see Frank not intelligently defending himself in that gif?

Spoiler:
You are bigot?

Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back*
Mr Meow
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020, Sept 2021, October 2021, November 2021 SHOW OFF
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x5)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts May 2020, October 2021
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021, June 2021, Dec 2021, February 2022, March 2022, April 20022, May 2022, November 2022,
December 2022
Chat Legend

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion