Close
Login
Register

FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby willmma » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:41 am

World cup starts Sunday :gold:

Discuss

Specially interested in PainDog's Qatari perspective
User avatar
willmma
Linker for Life
Linker for Life
 
Posts: 7319
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Go Leafs!
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019, July 2020, Dec. 2020, Jan. 2021, May 21, January 2022, June 2022, September 2022,
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan. 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec. 2016, Nov .2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep. 2019, Nov. 2019, May 2020, June 2020, July 2020, Jan. 2021, Feb. 2021, March 2021

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby philphan » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Image
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
4 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!

Image
User avatar
philphan
Moderator
 
Posts: 30847
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar. & Apr. 2017, Dec. 2018, November 2022
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct. 2017, Jan./Feb. 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x5)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug. 2019, Feb. 2020, Sep. 2020, January 2022, July 2022, October 2022
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Pillar of Linker
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby PainDog » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:49 am

I hope everything goes smooth and Qatar, Tunisia, Morocco, and Saudi Arabia win at least one game each.
Image

Shavkat Rakhmonov Time
Damir Ismagulov Time
Khamzat Chimaev Time
Saygid Arslanaliev Time
Khabib Nurmagomedov GOAT
User avatar
PainDog
Moderator
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017, Aug 2020
Makes The Best Threads On Linker
Pillar of Linker

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:44 am

I love the World Cup and can not wait.

Seeing some teams like Colombia and Italy not make it was nuts though.

I have a weird feeling the Dutch will take it. I do not know why. I simply do not.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back*
User avatar
Mr Meow
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 13086
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020, Sept 2021, October 2021, November 2021 SHOW OFF
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x5)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts May 2020, October 2021
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021, June 2021, Dec 2021, February 2022, March 2022, April 20022, May 2022, November 2022
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Chat Legend

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:17 pm

Just banned beer at the world cup venus :lol:

Part of them getting the world cup was saying alcohol sales would be allowed.....then psyche, gotcha! trapped ya bishes!

Slavery? Sure, go nuts, god bless. Beer at a soccer game? No fuckin chance :lol:

I hope those soccer fans start buttfucking in the streets.

Here's a super reasonable reaction to a reporter reporting :lol:



I hope everyone stays safe, seems like a disaster just waiting to happen though. Couldn't pay me to be there
Image Image
User avatar
JACKnoneREACHER
Linker Party Animal
Linker Party Animal
 
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:46 pm
Accolades: Survivor
Party Animal/Fun at a party
Fun in chat

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby PainDog » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:34 pm

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:Just banned beer at the world cup venus :lol:

Part of them getting the world cup was saying alcohol sales would be allowed.....then psyche, gotcha! trapped ya bishes!

Slavery? Sure, go nuts, god bless. Beer at a soccer game? No fuckin chance :lol:

I hope those soccer fans start buttfucking in the streets.

Here's a super reasonable reaction to a reporter reporting :lol:



I hope everyone stays safe, seems like a disaster just waiting to happen though. Couldn't pay me to be there


They banned beer in the stadiums, which I will admit does not make sense.

Most of the other complaints are people taking things out of context. There is no slave labor here, and the western hypocrisy surrounding using cheap, usually Asian labor is ridiculous.

Western companies export jobs to Asia to take advantage of the cheap workforce, while Qatar imports cheap Asian labor to do jobs locally. If anything, Qatar has more direct control over the workforce than western companies like Apple do in their sweatshops in China.

I work in health and safety, and worker welfare is one of my areas of responsibility. I work directly with the labor force and know people's conditions.

I agree worker welfare needs to be improved, but that goes way beyond Qatar and involves the entire globalized capitalist system that is dependent upon endless growth and an endless supply of cheap goods.

The other accusations, like for gay rights, are also unfounded. There are openly gay people in the country; some even work in the company I work for.

Instead of the western media representing the country fairly, they take any negative event and use it to make broad-scale generalizations.
Image

Shavkat Rakhmonov Time
Damir Ismagulov Time
Khamzat Chimaev Time
Saygid Arslanaliev Time
Khabib Nurmagomedov GOAT
User avatar
PainDog
Moderator
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017, Aug 2020
Makes The Best Threads On Linker
Pillar of Linker

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:20 pm

PainDog wrote:
JACKnoneREACHER wrote:Just banned beer at the world cup venus :lol:

Part of them getting the world cup was saying alcohol sales would be allowed.....then psyche, gotcha! trapped ya bishes!

Slavery? Sure, go nuts, god bless. Beer at a soccer game? No fuckin chance :lol:

I hope those soccer fans start buttfucking in the streets.

Here's a super reasonable reaction to a reporter reporting :lol:



I hope everyone stays safe, seems like a disaster just waiting to happen though. Couldn't pay me to be there


They banned beer in the stadiums, which I will admit does not make sense.

Most of the other complaints are people taking things out of context. There is no slave labor here, and the western hypocrisy surrounding using cheap, usually Asian labor is ridiculous.

Western companies export jobs to Asia to take advantage of the cheap workforce, while Qatar imports cheap Asian labor to do jobs locally. If anything, Qatar has more direct control over the workforce than western companies like Apple do in their sweatshops in China.

I work in health and safety, and worker welfare is one of my areas of responsibility. I work directly with the labor force and know people's conditions.

I agree worker welfare needs to be improved, but that goes way beyond Qatar and involves the entire globalized capitalist system that is dependent upon endless growth and an endless supply of cheap goods.

The other accusations, like for gay rights, are also unfounded. There are openly gay people in the country; some even work in the company I work for.

Instead of the western media representing the country fairly, they take any negative event and use it to make broad-scale generalizations.


Any country they picked to host could get shit on for something or another they are doing wrong. For awhile American media gave Qatar a pretty fair shake but I haven't seen anything but negative journalism about them the last 2 years or so.

Like you said, the US is hardly one to be throwing stones.

Lets relax and enjoy the games I say.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back*
User avatar
Mr Meow
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 13086
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020, Sept 2021, October 2021, November 2021 SHOW OFF
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x5)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts May 2020, October 2021
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021, June 2021, Dec 2021, February 2022, March 2022, April 20022, May 2022, November 2022
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Chat Legend

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby PainDog » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:32 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Any country they picked to host could get shit on for something or another they are doing wrong. For awhile American media gave Qatar a pretty fair shake but I haven't seen anything but negative journalism about them the last 2 years or so.

Like you said, the US is hardly one to be throwing stones.

Lets relax and enjoy the games I say.


Thank you Meow, for being rational and level headed.

Qatar is, of course, not perfect and there are plenty of issues, but the issues which make the news are either beyond Qatar, like exploiting the developing world's workforce and resources (though the slave labor claims are just false), or are extremely exaggerated, like discrimination against the LGBT community.

Thanks again, I just hope everything goes smoothly and safely.
Image

Shavkat Rakhmonov Time
Damir Ismagulov Time
Khamzat Chimaev Time
Saygid Arslanaliev Time
Khabib Nurmagomedov GOAT
User avatar
PainDog
Moderator
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017, Aug 2020
Makes The Best Threads On Linker
Pillar of Linker

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby hawgridoh » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:53 pm

Non-American football in Qatar with no booze, human rights violations everywhere, no hookers, and no booze?

Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
hawgridoh
Pillar
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 12:34 pm
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Linker for life

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby willmma » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:14 pm

Qatar has been getting nothing but negative media. It's disgusting.

Slave labor and human rights violations are fake news.


That said
Go Canada!


Image
User avatar
willmma
Linker for Life
Linker for Life
 
Posts: 7319
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Go Leafs!
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019, July 2020, Dec. 2020, Jan. 2021, May 21, January 2022, June 2022, September 2022,
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan. 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec. 2016, Nov .2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep. 2019, Nov. 2019, May 2020, June 2020, July 2020, Jan. 2021, Feb. 2021, March 2021

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby Ghost of PBells » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:41 pm

I don't blame them, sports fan + alcohol = bad times
“You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. This idea is an expression of tribal identity politics and existential dread, not reason. A rational statement cannot—can never—have the slightest effect on an irrational belief.”
User avatar
Ghost of PBells
Purveyor of Pomp and Positivity
Purveyor of Pomp and Positivity
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Accolades: Linker Legend
Former Admin and life blood of linker
All time post leader
Loved by all

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:25 pm

This is Canada’s year!! We’re going to crush Croatia by 3 goals. :tup:


:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
Pillar
 
Posts: 20545
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov. 2020, Feb. 2021
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug. 2016, May/Sep. 2017, Apr. 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor (x3)

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby Alexbkk75 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:03 am

All I'll say is this :pointdown:

Spoiler:
Image


And if you disagree :pointdown:

Spoiler:
Image


I hope it will be a fun world cup with lots of upsets and shining underdogs stories. Enjoy guys :beer: :beer: (oops, no beer, I forgot :lol: :lol: )
“To know who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

Image
User avatar
Alexbkk75
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission
 
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:09 pm
Accolades: Pick em champ May 2021, July 2021, Aug 2021, June 2022, Aug 2022,
September 2022
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x3
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
Fantasy League Champ Dec 2021

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby willmma » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:14 pm

bruins2012 wrote:This is Canada’s year!! We’re going to crush Croatia by 3 goals. :tup:


:P



Well said.

For once you're making sense in sports :P
User avatar
willmma
Linker for Life
Linker for Life
 
Posts: 7319
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Go Leafs!
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019, July 2020, Dec. 2020, Jan. 2021, May 21, January 2022, June 2022, September 2022,
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan. 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec. 2016, Nov .2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep. 2019, Nov. 2019, May 2020, June 2020, July 2020, Jan. 2021, Feb. 2021, March 2021

Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Postby philphan » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:18 pm

philphan wrote:Image

USA about to have a WHALE of a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
4 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!

Image
User avatar
philphan
Moderator
 
Posts: 30847
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar. & Apr. 2017, Dec. 2018, November 2022
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct. 2017, Jan./Feb. 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x5)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug. 2019, Feb. 2020, Sep. 2020, January 2022, July 2022, October 2022
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Pillar of Linker
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker

Next

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users