Close
Login
Register

Pat Barry says Sean Strickland’s...

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Pat Barry says Sean Strickland’s...

Postby PainDog » Fri May 13, 2022 12:51 am

Pat Barry says Sean Strickland’s recent comments could’ve led to Rose Namajunas’ loss: “It’s causing her to get into the fight and be emotional”

Pat Barry has touched on Sean Strickland’s recent comments about his relationship with Rose Namajunas.

Last month, the UFC middleweight contender went after Barry and Namajunas, among other MMA couples. Strickland alleged that the former UFC heavyweight contender is a groomer. The main reason is that Barry was much older when he met Namajunas, and it’s been alleged that she was a minor when they began dating.

Sean Strickland’s comments are from a new thing in the MMA community. The relationship between Barry and Namajunas has been controversial for years. The former heavyweight decided to give his thoughts on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani.

Pat Barry alleged that the whole situation was misunderstood in response to Strickland. The 42-year-old said that the origin of the grooming allegations came from a misconstrued interview years ago. He also opined that the comments from the middleweight could’ve played a role in Rose Namajunas’ loss to Carla Esparza last weekend.

This whole Sean Strickland thing that is all over the place everywhere. Years ago, Rose did an interview and said ‘I joined Rufussport when I was 14 years ago, and then I left Rufussport for a few years. Then I came back to Rufussport, to pursue my MMA career, and that’s where I met my fiancee Pat Barry’. When the guy wrote the interview up, he wrote ‘Rose Namajunas joined Rufussport when she was 14 years old where she met her fiance Pat Barry, when she was 14 years old’.

Pat Barry continued, “That’s where everyone is getting this s*it from, a botched interview. That’s where everyone is getting all that from because someone decided to write it that way. It must’ve seemed credible and they just run with it. It’s those types of things everywhere that cause Rose to get into the fight with Carla, and be emotional.”

What do you think about Pat Barry’s comments about his relationship with Rose Namajunas?

This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM

Shavkat Rakhmonov Time
Damir Ismagulov Time
Khamzat Chimaev Time
Saygid Arslanaliev Time
Khabib Nurmagomedov GOAT
PainDog

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017, Aug 2020
Makes The Best Threads On Linker
Pillar of Linker

Re: Pat Barry says Sean Strickland’s...

Postby Alexbkk75 » Fri May 13, 2022 2:32 am

I had a feeling Sean Strickland was responsible for her loss as well... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never bet against Yuki Kondo vs Frank Shamrock or against Mr Meow when he is in the middle of a big shit. Meow indeed.
Alexbkk75
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: Pick em champ May 2021, July 2021, Aug 2021
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
Fantasy League Champ Dec 2021

Postby warriorxv » Fri May 13, 2022 2:34 am

I feel like her relationship with pat barry is one of the worst things for her at this point.

Maybe it was good at once but now she’s clearly in a shell thinking Barry is the only thing good for her.

He will convince her it’s everyone else’s fault and everyone else is to blame and he has her best interests and blah blah blah.

Pat Barry “rose lost because for once in her career she stuck to the game plan”

Also pat barry “rose lost because she didn’t listen to us”

Also pat barry “rose lost because she fought emotional because of Sean Strickland”

Like what the fuck bro
warriorxv
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: May 2016, Jan 2021
Working Chef
Fun in chat

Postby jblaze » Fri May 13, 2022 4:48 am

Anyone else think Strickland might get knocked out in his next fight?
jblaze
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby tsarlaider » Fri May 13, 2022 7:32 am

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Jan 2017, June 2017, Jan 2018, Feb 2018, Mar 2018, Apr 2019, May 2019, Nov 2019, July 2021, August 2021, March 2022, May 2022
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2016, Aug 2018. May 2021
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan 2016
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2019
Survivor (x3)

Postby Mr Meow » Fri May 13, 2022 9:01 am

Tony Ferguson is the type of dude who would groom Pat Barry.

PedoPat

Comments like these that Pat makes are really counterproductive for what he is trying to accomplish and he does not even know it. Like yeah if this is the case...Rose is beyond mentally fragile. Why the fuck she would even know that Sean Strickland made these comments is beyond me anyways.

For Rose's next fight her opponent should just have one of her male training partners say some shit like this again and its a guaranteed win apparently.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back*
Mr Meow
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020, Sept 2021, October 2021, November 2021 SHOW OFF
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x4)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts May 2020, October 2021
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021, June 2021, Dec 2021, February 2022, March 2022, April 20022, May 2022
Chat Legend

Postby Ghost of PBells » Fri May 13, 2022 10:14 am

Pat should’ve taken Pavel Fedotov’s approach and started work at like 8 instead of 14. The Shevchenkos are mentally solid!

“You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. This idea is an expression of tribal identity politics and existential dread, not reason. A rational statement cannot—can never—have the slightest effect on an irrational belief.”
Ghost of PBells
Purveyor of Pomp and Positivity
Purveyor of Pomp and Positivity

Accolades: Linker Legend
Former Admin and life blood of linker
All time post leader
Loved by all

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Fri May 13, 2022 10:18 pm

Strickland doubling down on it and the fact that Barry keeps bringing it up make it seem legit. Barry isn't laughing it off or dismissing it, keeps trying to defend it or explain it. They both know what's up.

Was a pat Barry fan in his day, this whole thing is shitty.

No dad, that doesn't help the case.

His timeline of them dating compared to hers is wierd too. Just shitty all around.

I hope her head isn't shaved bc he gets jealous when she looks great.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
Linker Party Animal
Linker Party Animal

Accolades: Survivor
Party Animal/Fun at a party
Fun in chat

Postby PainDog » Sat May 14, 2022 12:10 am

Shavkat Rakhmonov Time
Damir Ismagulov Time
Khamzat Chimaev Time
Saygid Arslanaliev Time
Khabib Nurmagomedov GOAT
PainDog

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017, Aug 2020
Makes The Best Threads On Linker
Pillar of Linker

Postby AXEMELL » Wed May 18, 2022 3:58 pm

I was thinking Pat's comments made Rose lose the fight. She should dump that bag of shit like a bag of shit. The dude is an attention seeking maggot.
Anger he smiles towering in shiny metallic purple armour
Queen jealousy, envy waits behind him
Her fiery green gown sneers at the grassy ground
Blue are the life giving waters, taken for granted
They quietly understand
AXEMELL
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Thu May 19, 2022 8:43 am

AXEMELL wrote:I was thinking Pat's comments made Rose lose the fight. She should dump that bag of shit like a bag of shit. The dude is an attention seeking maggot.

Trevor Whittman is a great coach. I think Rose should keep Pat as a husband and not a coach though.

It will never happen but Rose going out to a gym like Tiger Muay Thai where the local Thai girls don't know nor give a fuck who you are would be good for her. Everyone is too afraid to not coddle her in fear of her fragile mentality.

Go somewhere that you are just another random lady in the gym and get some hard rounds in, nobody fights as passive as Rose did against Esparza in such a gym scenario and lasts very long. It might bring the aggression and dog out of her.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back*
Mr Meow
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020, Sept 2021, October 2021, November 2021 SHOW OFF
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x4)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts May 2020, October 2021
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021, June 2021, Dec 2021, February 2022, March 2022, April 20022, May 2022
Chat Legend

Postby AXEMELL » Thu May 19, 2022 9:10 am

Mr Meow wrote:
AXEMELL wrote:I was thinking Pat's comments made Rose lose the fight. She should dump that bag of shit like a bag of shit. The dude is an attention seeking maggot.

Trevor Whittman is a great coach. I think Rose should keep Pat as a husband and not a coach though.

It will never happen but Rose going out to a gym like Tiger Muay Thai where the local Thai girls don't know nor give a fuck who you are would be good for her. Everyone is too afraid to not coddle her in fear of her fragile mentality.

Go somewhere that you are just another random lady in the gym and get some hard rounds in, nobody fights as passive as Rose did against Esparza in such a gym scenario and lasts very long. It might bring the aggression and dog out of her.

Good call.
Anger he smiles towering in shiny metallic purple armour
Queen jealousy, envy waits behind him
Her fiery green gown sneers at the grassy ground
Blue are the life giving waters, taken for granted
They quietly understand
AXEMELL
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby Alexbkk75 » Thu May 19, 2022 1:00 pm

Mr Meow wrote:

I'll keep Pat drunk and entertained here, let's do it!

Never bet against Yuki Kondo vs Frank Shamrock or against Mr Meow when he is in the middle of a big shit. Meow indeed.
Alexbkk75

Accolades: Pick em champ May 2021, July 2021, Aug 2021
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Fantasy League Champ Dec 2021

Return to MMA Discussion