Close
Login
Register

Is This Move too Dangerous for the UFC?

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Should it be banned?

Yes
No votes
No
50%
Just Bleed!
No votes
Fedor never minded it
50%

Total votes : 6

Re: Is This Move too Dangerous for the UFC?

Postby Alexbkk75 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:21 am

Ghost of PBells wrote:In a sport based on brain damage, people are worried about knees.

Brain damage somehow allows you to keep fighting, like Diego Sanchez or Nate Diaz...

A completely destroyed knee doesn't.

Simple as that.
Alexbkk75
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Pick em champ May 2021, July 2021, Aug 2021
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker

Postby 320IDAVE » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:47 pm

Ghost of PBells wrote:In a sport based on brain damage, people are worried about knees.

Dumb comment from a smart man, if this gets popular trust you will see a bunch of sidelined fighters who may not even get the chance to come back 100%.

When i say popular i don't mean it in a like jones way, i mean in in a wait for a jab heavy on the front leg way.

Problem is, banning this will/would make shit sooooooo much more complicated, people faking kicks to the knee etc is just a starting point. Bad idea to ban but fucked up if people start timing it,
Last edited by 320IDAVE on Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
320IDAVE
Role Model

Postby 320IDAVE » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:48 pm

Btw brain damage only affects them (mostly) when they are retired already, not our problem much is it?
320IDAVE
Role Model

Postby 320IDAVE » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Ya'all know what? I got one more thing to say, when i started training i knew what the chances of me getting ko'd were, they were high eventually, i also decided to go ahead because i knew that if i tapped in time, my knee would never be bent in the direction it is not supposed to be bent. Fuck all chances were given here and its not fair.
320IDAVE
Role Model

Postby Ghost of PBells » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:09 pm

320IDAVE wrote:

Dumb comment from a smart man, if this gets popular trust you will see a bunch of sidelined fighters who may not even get the chance to come back 100%.

When i say popular i don't mean it in a like jones way, i mean in in a wait for a jab heavy on the front leg way.

Problem is, banning this will/would make shit sooooooo much more complicated, people faking kicks to the knee etc is just a starting point. Bad idea to ban but fucked up if people start timing it,

Whittaker threw a bunch against Adesanya and Israel defended them. Rather than banning a move, which is total nanny-state BS in my opinion, why can't guys learn to defend?
“You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. This idea is an expression of tribal identity politics and existential dread, not reason. A rational statement cannot—can never—have the slightest effect on an irrational belief.”
Ghost of PBells
Purveyor of Pomp and Positivity
Purveyor of Pomp and Positivity

Accolades: Linker Legend
Former Admin and life blood of linker
All time post leader
Loved by all

Postby 320IDAVE » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:15 pm

Ghost of PBells wrote:
320IDAVE wrote:

Whittaker threw a bunch against Adesanya and Israel defended them. Rather than banning a move, which is total nanny-state BS in my opinion, why can't guys learn to defend?

They can't be banned clearly the more i think about it because of the shit fest a fight could become having them in place.

However the learning curve could be very costly with those kicks, no one in training can attack 100% timing a jab can they? Only in fights.

They should just not be used.
320IDAVE
Role Model

Postby MadTitan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Before you know it. elbows will be next. Who knows what else.
Let it stand. It's a brutal move, I agree. I don't really like it, but I don't like a lot of things but I tolerate them all the same.

Learn. To. Defend. It.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
MadTitan
Mod Emeritus

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:45 pm

MadTitan wrote:Before you know it. elbows will be next. Who knows what else.
Let it stand. It's a brutal move, I agree. I don't really like it, but I don't like a lot of things but I tolerate them all the same.

Learn. To. Defend. It.

Yeah I agree with the 2 Jabronies above me, we need 12-6 elbows and soccer kicks back to stop fighters like Khabib, Usman and GSP from gaming the system.
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

Postby ThaBlackGuy » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:00 pm

I've been saying this since Jon Jones started doing it. It should absolutely be banned. This isn't bloodsport.

When a fighter is in a choke or arm bar etc they have the option to tap or face consequences. With a strike like that the damage is done instantly, and could ruin a career in the blink of an eye.

If we see a big named fighter lose or alter a career I think more ppl will start to want the strike banned.

I don't mind kicks to the knee, but that side kick to the knee is some bs
shout out to monkeystyle5000 for making this gif

women need to know their place in the octagon...and thats holding up a number and wearing a thong

--Daniel Tosh
ThaBlackGuy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby MadTitan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:19 pm

ThaBlackGuy wrote:I've been saying this since Jon Jones started doing it. It should absolutely be banned. This isn't bloodsport.

It absolutely is.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
MadTitan
Mod Emeritus

Postby ThaBlackGuy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:26 am

MadTitan wrote:
ThaBlackGuy wrote:I've been saying this since Jon Jones started doing it. It should absolutely be banned. This isn't bloodsport.

It absolutely is.

:lol:

No it's not bro. Bloodsport was "to the death." LITERALLY! The were offing people and they just sweeped the lifeless corpse off the bloody mat and ran the next fight.

Ufc fighters are pro athletes and should be protected as such. These guys have careers and families.

There's nothing soft about protecting athletes. During the most premative stages UFC wasn't a bloodsport. And certainly not now.
shout out to monkeystyle5000 for making this gif

women need to know their place in the octagon...and thats holding up a number and wearing a thong

--Daniel Tosh
ThaBlackGuy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby BerzerkerJr » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:08 am

Everyone here who wants to ban moves needs to be given a safe space where they can live happily without any stress and consider changing their gender to nonbinary. :fu:
BerzerkerJr
bad ass

Postby Alexbkk75 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:41 am

BerzerkerJr wrote:Everyone here who wants to ban moves needs to be given a safe space where they can live happily without any stress and consider changing their gender to nonbinary. :fu:

Thanks, I'll go do just that! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, they won't ban anything. A leg kick is a leg kick. But if fighters master the timing and precision, we might see some sad career ending moments and that'll suck.
Alexbkk75
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Pick em champ May 2021, July 2021, Aug 2021
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:42 pm

ThaBlackGuy wrote:
MadTitan wrote:

It absolutely is.

:lol:

No it's not bro. Bloodsport was "to the death." LITERALLY! The were offing people and they just sweeped the lifeless corpse off the bloody mat and ran the next fight.

Ufc fighters are pro athletes and should be protected as such. These guys have careers and families.

There's nothing soft about protecting athletes. During the most premative stages UFC wasn't a bloodsport. And certainly not now.

All you guys are hilarious :lol:
DeceptaCon

Survivor x2

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:41 pm

DeceptaCon

Survivor x2

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion