Close
Login
Register

UFC cuts Sanchez

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

UFC cuts Sanchez

Postby philphan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:16 am

UFC releases Diego Sanchez as Dana White blasts his ‘bats*** nuts' coach Joshua Fabia
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ufc-releas ... 15907.html

Diego Sanchez, a winner on Season 1 of "The Ultimate Fighter" and one of the promotion’s most popular and longest-tenured fighters, has been released by the UFC.

The UFC has been concerned for some time about the behavior of Sanchez’s coach, Joshua Fabia. Sanchez’s release, however, was facilitated because even though Sanchez passed his medicals for a planned May 8 fight versus Donald Cerrone, neither Fabia nor attorney Charles N. Lakins would confirm to the UFC that Sanchez was not suffering from either short-term or long-term medical issues.

Fabia asked a UFC medical coordinator for all of Sanchez’s medical records going back to "The Ultimate Fighter" in 2004. Several UFC employees told Yahoo Sports that they’d seen Fabia berate employees and so they contacted Hunter Campbell, the UFC’s chief business officer.

Campbell called Fabia and Sanchez and in the conversation, Fabia talked about short-term and long-term medical issues Sanchez may have experienced.

That was a red flag for Campbell, who knew that Sanchez had passed a medical examination, which included a brain scan. Campbell then wrote to Sanchez, expressing concerns about Fabia’s comments and asking Sanchez to verify he was OK.

UFC president Dana White told Yahoo Sports that the UFC could not put a fighter into the cage in good conscience if the fighter wouldn’t say he or she was healthy and fit to fight.

When Lakins responded to Campbell’s request for clarification of Sanchez’s health, Lakins said Sanchez could not respond because he’s not a neurologist and hadn’t seen one. Upon receipt of that response, Sanchez was formally cut in an email sent on April 27.
Dana White unloads on Joshua Fabia

White said Thursday he has an amazing relationship with Sanchez and said he made the Cerrone fight because Sanchez begged him for one more opportunity following a loss to Jake Matthews at UFC 253 in Abu Dhabi on Sept. 27, 2020.

White, though, unloaded on Fabia, who could not be reached for comment.

“I have an incredible, amazing relationship with Diego and I like him very much and I hope he is OK,” White told Yahoo Sports. “One of the sad things that happens, not just in fighting but in sports, and I want you to quote me on this, are these creepy weirdos who come from God knows where and leech onto fighters or athletes. They never do any good for them.

“Somehow, this creep got into Diego’s life and has been controlling him. You saw the video of him chasing guys in the Octagon with a knife. How [expletive] nuts is that? He goes to the commission and tells them that he’s taught Diego this death touch. It goes on and on with this guy. He goes into the [fighter-broadcaster] production meeting and tells the commentators what they should be saying? The guy is bats*** nuts. He worked his way into Diego’s life and has gotten control over him. I just want the best for Diego.”

Sanchez posted on his Instagram story, “Free at last. Free at last,” and tagged several MMA promotions. Multiple UFC employees told Yahoo Sports they were concerned that Fabia was handling Sanchez’s social media and was controlling his telephone and his email accounts.

There were many issues with Fabia since he became Sanchez’s coach prior to his fight in Las Vegas at UFC 239 against Michael Chiesa on July 6, 2019, that concerned UFC officials.

Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Juan Archuleta, Gregor Gillespie, Merab Dvalishvili , Weber Almeida. Damir Ismagulov
3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar. & Apr. 2017, Dec. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct. 2017, Jan./Feb. 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug. 2019, Feb. 2020, Sep. 2020
Pillar of Linker

Re: UFC cuts Sanchez

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:20 am

Shitty end to that relationship.

Imagine how bananas this fabia must be to be in the same room as diego and be labelled as the crazy one, thats nuts
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
Blogger

Accolades: Survivor

Postby kezzaman » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:55 am

Heres a video of the incident that got him cut

:shock:
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
OG Linker

Postby philphan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:35 pm

kezzaman wrote:Heres a video of the incident that got him cut

strange fucking guy

Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Juan Archuleta, Gregor Gillespie, Merab Dvalishvili , Weber Almeida. Damir Ismagulov
3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar. & Apr. 2017, Dec. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct. 2017, Jan./Feb. 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug. 2019, Feb. 2020, Sep. 2020
Pillar of Linker

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:55 pm

philphan wrote:
kezzaman wrote:Heres a video of the incident that got him cut

strange fucking guy

Bro-science masters degree!
Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
Pillar

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020

Postby dereq » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:15 pm

Either this guy suffers from severe bipolar disorder or he is high as fuck on coke. NO normal person talks like this. I came on here expecting to roast that greedy piece of shit we call DFW but he was right in this instance.
"Back in MY day we didn't have rounds, rules, weight classes, training camps, high protein diets, HGH or TRT.... Bullshit."
dereq
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:20 pm

dereq wrote:Either this guy suffers from severe bipolar disorder or he is high as fuck on coke. NO normal person talks like this. I came on here expecting to roast that greedy piece of shit we call DFW but he was right in this instance.

Deigo standing there like say something now motherfuckerrs!
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon
Pillar

Survivor

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Sat May 01, 2021 12:48 am

That video males me wonder if fabia is some sort of home schooled christian wierdo bc he seems to have no clue about the world outside his home. Really wierd to see guy his age with his job getting lectured on how internet comments work.

He walked i and started talking like everyone in the room was 12, i wouldnt want him acti f like that around people om respk si le for either.

Crazy unprofesh.

Sucka for diego but he kept this guy around and paid him, he might be borderline retarded.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
Blogger

Postby Alexbkk75 » Sat May 01, 2021 2:30 am

To be fair, it 's been quite a few fights that I'm surprised they still allow him to compete. I mean, the guy looks brain damaged. He can still fight up to his abilities, I'll give him that. But yeah, he does look batshit crazy!
Alexbkk75
Deputy Director Masterbro

Postby KingOfPancrase » Sat May 01, 2021 3:30 am

Alexbkk75 wrote:To be fair, it 's been quite a few fights that I'm surprised they still allow him to compete. I mean, the guy looks brain damaged. He can still fight up to his abilities, I'll give him that. But yeah, he does look batshit crazy!

I mean look at the guys physique...Dude looks like he lost 20 pounds of muscle and replaced it with 20 pounds of fat. Probably doesn't even have to cut to make WW or whatever he is at. Dude is a psycho bum. And his coach is definitely a fat faggot that fucks him in the ass. Just listen to his "advice" between rounds. What a fucking joke. Honk Honk
KingOfPancrase
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Postby Fyodor » Sat May 01, 2021 8:48 am

JACKnoneREACHER wrote: om respk si le for

For real..
Do not be afraid neighbour.
Fyodor
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Sat May 01, 2021 1:12 pm

Fyodor wrote:

For real..

:lol:
Hes responsible for....not even close
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
Blogger

Postby Fyodor » Sat May 01, 2021 3:00 pm

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:
Fyodor wrote:

For real..

Hes responsible for....not even close

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Do not be afraid neighbour.
Fyodor
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Sat May 01, 2021 6:43 pm

KingOfPancrase wrote:
Alexbkk75 wrote:To be fair, it 's been quite a few fights that I'm surprised they still allow him to compete. I mean, the guy looks brain damaged. He can still fight up to his abilities, I'll give him that. But yeah, he does look batshit crazy!

I mean look at the guys physique...Dude looks like he lost 20 pounds of muscle and replaced it with 20 pounds of fat. Probably doesn't even have to cut to make WW or whatever he is at. Dude is a psycho bum. And his coach is definitely a fat faggot that fucks him in the ass. Just listen to his "advice" between rounds. What a fucking joke. Honk Honk

:lol: :lol: KOP is back hitting on all cylinders!
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon
Pillar

Survivor

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Sat May 01, 2021 9:11 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:

:lol: :lol: KOP is back hitting on all cylinders!

psycho bum really hits the nail on head about diego
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
Blogger

Next

Return to MMA Discussion