Close
Login
Register

Ben askrens boxing

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: Ben askrens boxing

Postby Oldtoby420 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:26 pm

Def see what you're saying Speakeasy along with Chael as well & that's certainly a good thing for Ben to try to do to win but figure they will have a ref that is gonna be strict with breaking em up, warnings, taking points & not letting Ben do any such thing in this boxing match even go so far to say wouldn't shock me if they end up trying to DQ Ben Askren at some point of the fight for using a game plan like this.

Just look at look at how the Connor vs Mayweather fight was they certainly had a ref on the take to help protect Mayweather from any dirty boxing / clinch game & will probably be the same case in this up coming fight.

Although if & when the shoe is on the other foot with say fighters like Mayweather or Ali doing this similar stuff you see how there's a ref that just seem to be ok with letting them use this strategy all night long. If you watch Ali's old fights you can see how notorious he is for clinching up to hug or hold a guy to put his weight on em at anytime he possibly can soon as they start to land any punches on em BAM move foward to clinch & hold / hug on em.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby dipset52 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:36 pm

Does anyone have any clue as to how long these rounds are? 8 rounds but how long?

I literally have looked it up the past 45 minutes and can’t find it. I’m assuming 3 minutes.
dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018, Aug 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Postby KingOfPancrase » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:37 pm

Oldtoby420 wrote:Def see what you're saying Speakeasy along with Chael as well & that's certainly a good thing for Ben to try to do to win but figure they will have a ref that is gonna be strict with breaking em up, warnings, taking points & not letting Ben do any such thing in this boxing match even go so far to say wouldn't shock me if they end up trying to DQ Ben Askren at some point of the fight for using a game plan like this.

Just look at look at how the Connor vs Mayweather fight was they certainly had a ref on the take to help protect Mayweather from any dirty boxing / clinch game & will probably be the same case in this up coming fight.

Although if & when the shoe is on the other foot with say fighters like Mayweather or Ali doing this similar stuff you see how there's a ref that just seem to be ok with letting them use this strategy all night long. If you watch Ali's old fights you can see how notorious he is for clinching up to hug or hold a guy to put his weight on em at anytime he possibly can soon as they start to land any punches on em BAM move foward to clinch & hold / hug on em.

This. And for all the talk of Ali's bullshit float like a butterfly sting like a bee /he's so quick crap...Never seen a more notorious wall (or rope in his case) and stall fighter.
KingOfPancrase
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby dipset52 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:56 pm

I got askren winning
dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018, Aug 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Postby YMCA » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:15 pm

asdfghjkl wrote:Is there anyone on the professional level that has worse boxing than ben askren? Yes, Ronda Rousey

His boxing is extremely embarrassing. The fight between Damian maia and himself was horrendous. Bum fights has more technical ability than their fight.

I actually think that youtube fuck has a really high chance of winning. Anyways.........

Anyone saying Ben will win is out of their mind. He won’t be allowed to grapple/hold during the clinch. He doesn’t know how to punch and the first time he gets hit cleanly he will not know how to react because he can’t shoot for a takedown.
Black Zeus wrote:
^^he has a long history of crying if things don't go his way. Doubt he can learn to keep his emotions in check at such a late age. What is he 37?
YMCA

Postby yoseph » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:46 pm

Bens just there for a payday and to keep building the paul resume
yoseph
Baby Caveman

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec. 2015, May 2019, Aug. 2019, July 2020
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan. 2017, Mar. 2017
Survivor (x5)

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:31 pm

YMCA wrote:
asdfghjkl wrote:Is there anyone on the professional level that has worse boxing than ben askren? Yes, Ronda Rousey

His boxing is extremely embarrassing. The fight between Damian maia and himself was horrendous. Bum fights has more technical ability than their fight.

I actually think that youtube fuck has a really high chance of winning. Anyways.........

Anyone saying Ben will win is out of their mind. He won’t be allowed to grapple/hold during the clinch. He doesn’t know how to punch and the first time he gets hit cleanly he will not know how to react because he can’t shoot for a takedown.

I am currently seeking out some microaggression or subversive bigotry in both of your comments. Only a bigot would not see how good of a striker Askren is

Behold

Is that Ernesto Hoost or Ben Askren? The fluidity and firepower behind each strike could easily be confused for Hoost.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 6 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x4)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021

Postby Fyodor » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:10 pm

Ben needs to survive the first 3 rounds.

I see him jabbing his way to victory,though.
Do not be afraid neighbour.
Fyodor
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby asdfghjkl » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:37 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
YMCA wrote:

I am currently seeking out some microaggression or subversive bigotry in both of your comments. Only a bigot would not see how good of a striker Askren is

Behold

Is that Ernesto Hoost or Ben Askren? The fluidity and firepower behind each strike could easily be confused for Hoost.

I'm offended you dont mention demian maias matrix like head movement you racist nazi cat. How dare you. Probably voted for trump.
asdfghjkl
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby 505MMA » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:25 pm

Nobody told the guy he had to train. If this isn’t a guy who’s just here for a paycheck idk what is
505MMA
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Sig Bet World Cup Winner, Former p4p Champ

Postby Oldtoby420 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:30 pm

Am looking foward to how this plays out for sure but the thing I saw other night that interest me just as much is saw Frank Mir is gonna be fighting on the card too.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby dereq » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 pm

It seems that Oscar De La Hoya has somehow negotiated a deal whereby he would be compensated for his services tonight entirely in blow. :lolol:

Spoiler:
He got paid early.
"Back in MY day we didn't have rounds, rules, weight classes, training camps, high protein diets, HGH or TRT.... Bullshit."
dereq
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby dereq » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:12 am

Mir looked fat as shit and didn't throw a combo the entire fight. Askren lost more embarrassingly than I would have ever expected. 8)
"Back in MY day we didn't have rounds, rules, weight classes, training camps, high protein diets, HGH or TRT.... Bullshit."
dereq
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby YMCA » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:15 am

Told ya he sucked dog balls.

His only striking success in MMA was due to the fear of a takedown.

As Masvidal said, Ben Askren is a BUM.
Black Zeus wrote:
^^he has a long history of crying if things don't go his way. Doubt he can learn to keep his emotions in check at such a late age. What is he 37?
YMCA

Postby KARHU-III » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:40 am

Ben Askren should never show his face in public ever again
KARHU-III
Devil Dog

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion