Close
Login
Register

Official Discussion: UFC: Godzilla vs. Kong

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Who wins

Godzilla
71%
Kong
29%

Total votes : 7

Re: Official Discussion: UFC: Godzilla vs. Kong

Postby philphan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:01 am

PBells wrote:
MotivatedStone wrote:How did this thread become the best thing ever to happen to Linker? :lol: :lol:

Standard procedure for a PainDog thread

:star: :star:

Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Patricio Pitbull, Robert Whittaker, Jimmy Crute, Neiman Gracie
3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar. & Apr. 2017, Dec. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct. 2017, Jan./Feb. 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug. 2019, Feb. 2020, Sep. 2020
Pillar of Linker

Postby MadTitan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:51 am

MechaGodzilla Confirmed.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:12 pm

About halfway through and its fun :beer:

Basically roger rabbit after the first 10 mins, theres not many real people or places on screen
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
Blogger

Accolades: Survivor

Postby SpeakEasy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:11 am

Spoiler

I watched twice, good movie minus Miller Bobbie Brown syndrome wasting precious kaiju time.
Gojira is bad ass in this, Kong is literally an 80 foot version of 80s Bruce willis and mecha isn't horribly done.
The King of kings is proven in the movie and the fight leaves ZERO question as to who wins and I loved it.
This movie is easily the best of the bunch and while it lags it really really shines it some moments and is worth a watch.
Long live the king.
Killgore wants my meat but I only accept a clean behind

"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Oct 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2017

Postby PainDog » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:18 am

Between Kong and Godzilla only one needed to be resurrected with a giant defibrillator

Munir Lazzez Time

Damir Ismagulov Time

Khamzat Chimaev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov GOAT
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017, Aug 2020
Pillar of Linker

Postby philphan » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:51 pm

SpeakEasy wrote:Spoiler

I watched twice, good movie minus Miller Bobbie Brown syndrome wasting precious kaiju time.
Gojira is bad ass in this, Kong is literally an 80 foot version of 80s Bruce willis and mecha isn't horribly done.
The King of kings is proven in the movie and the fight leaves ZERO question as to who wins and I loved it.
This movie is easily the best of the bunch and while it lags it really really shines it some moments and is worth a watch.
Long live the king.

I'm glad it's good. I'm watching it tonight. :tup:

Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Patricio Pitbull, Robert Whittaker, Jimmy Crute, Neiman Gracie
3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar. & Apr. 2017, Dec. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct. 2017, Jan./Feb. 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug. 2019, Feb. 2020, Sep. 2020
Pillar of Linker

Postby SpeakEasy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:31 pm

PainDog wrote:Between Kong and Godzilla only one needed to be resurrected with a giant defibrillator

This movie essentially setup the movie we never knew we always wanted, Godzilla and King Kong as a buddy cop duo keeping the other titans in line.
Killgore wants my meat but I only accept a clean behind

"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Oct 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2017

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:23 pm

SpeakEasy wrote:
PainDog wrote:Between Kong and Godzilla only one needed to be resurrected with a giant defibrillator

This movie essentially setup the movie we never knew we always wanted, Godzilla and King Kong as a buddy cop duo keeping the other titans in line.

:lol:

I thought godzilla looked great, the cgi on hus face was awesome
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
Blogger

Postby PainDog » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:30 pm

The other day I mentioned to my boss that I found Godzilla to be interesting philosophical study with implications relevant to the corporate world.

It's hard to really understand Godzilla's goals and motivations other than his apparent desire to destroy things...it can be interpreted that he only wants to destroy entities he perceives as threats but that isnt exactly the case since he often continues destroying things even after the threat has been eliminated like at the end of Godzilla 2000.

Why is Godzilla protecting us? she says while Godzilla resumes destroying Tokyo

What is clear is Godzilla is extremely efficient and gives no fucks.

He always approaches situations linearly and takes the shortest distance between two points.

Like in this latest movie. Godzilla - who was not at all being brainwashed - decided he wanted to fuck up Kong. It didn't matter that there were human warships between him and Kong they were just irrelevant obstacles in his way and in typical Godzilla fashion destroyed without hesitation.

The shortest path to Kong was through the fleet and he took it with total disregard to the destruction he was causing.

You contrast this with Kong's motivations, which throughout his cinematic history have always implied passionate emotions of love (or lust at least) for young women, a longing for family, and in any case a very real desire to protect the people he actually cares about.

Often enough the people he cares about - almost exclusively female - are just trying to use him for their own benefit...like in this latest movie when they manipulate him in order to find the fuel for Mechagodzilla.

Which approach is better? I cant really say. I will say though that it might be worth considering how often Kong (even son of Kong :butthurt: ) ends up dead or imprisoned. Even at the end of this latest movie Godzilla is free and Kong is in a giant prison.

Spoiler:

Munir Lazzez Time

Damir Ismagulov Time

Khamzat Chimaev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov GOAT
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017, Aug 2020
Pillar of Linker

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:17 pm

PainDog wrote:The other day I mentioned to my boss that I found Godzilla to be interesting philosophical study with implications relevant to the corporate world.

It's hard to really understand Godzilla's goals and motivations other than his apparent desire to destroy things...it can be interpreted that he only wants to destroy entities he perceives as threats but that isnt exactly the case since he often continues destroying things even after the threat has been eliminated like at the end of Godzilla 2000.

Why is Godzilla protecting us? she says while Godzilla resumes destroying Tokyo

What is clear is Godzilla is extremely efficient and gives no fucks.

He always approaches situations linearly and takes the shortest distance between two points.

Like in this latest movie. Godzilla - who was not at all being brainwashed - decided he wanted to fuck up Kong. It didn't matter that there were human warships between him and Kong they were just irrelevant obstacles in his way and in typical Godzilla fashion destroyed without hesitation.

The shortest path to Kong was through the fleet and he took it with total disregard to the destruction he was causing.

You contrast this with Kong's motivations, which throughout his cinematic history have always implied passionate emotions of love (or lust at least) for young women, a longing for family, and in any case a very real desire to protect the people he actually cares about.

Often enough the people he cares about - almost exclusively female - are just trying to use him for their own benefit...like in this latest movie when they manipulate him in order to find the fuel for Mechagodzilla.

Which approach is better? I cant really say. I will say though that it might be worth considering how often Kong (even son of Kong :butthurt: ) ends up dead or imprisoned. Even at the end of this latest movie Godzilla is free and Kong is in a giant prison.

Spoiler:

As someone who is not very familiar with godzilla I definitely dug his honey badger attitude. He gives so few fucks and they didnt try to explain his motivations. It was just everyone reacting to what he felt like doing. Fuck shit up, for sure. Be nice guy, yep. Fuck up more shit, yep. Save people, blow people up its all the same to that lava lump lizard and he was great at it.

Was a fun movie, i still need to watch don frye meets godzilla thoygh to really know what hes about
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
Blogger

Postby MadTitan » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:09 pm

King of Monsters was superior film to this one.
Kong belongs in his own franchise.

This is the Godzilla Era.
Bow to the King
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby jblaze » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:37 am

Just watched this at work my supervisor has HBO on his phone and the crossdock was slow. Then the coordinator girls came over and watched and I pulled a 2 pound bad of Gummy Bears out of a busted box and passed them around good times.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Previous

Return to MMA Discussion