Close
Login
Register

Perry wants weak Diaz

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby philphan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:49 am

Mike Perry likes his odds vs. Nate Diaz: 'I think he's a skinny, weak little (expletive)'
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/06/ ... ce=twitter
Image

If you enjoyed his UFC on ESPN 12 win, Mike Perry thinks you’d love a fight between him and Nate Diaz.

In an interview with ESPN on Tuesday, Perry (14-6 MMA, 7-6 UFC) was asked about a potential matchup against Diaz (20-12 MMA, 18-11 UFC). While Perry said he respects what Diaz has done in the sport, he didn’t seem impressed with the former UFC lightweight title challenger’s skillset.

“I think he’s a skinny, weak, little (expletive), like Mickey Gall,” Perry said. “I respect what he’s done in this sport. He plays the guard game, jiu-jitsu, and (expletive). He thinks he can box with (those) little weak-ass punches that he’s got – little salt and pepper punches. He doesn’t stand a chance to hit me hard enough.”

Analyzing a matchup against Diaz, Perry said he’d emulate a similar gameplan to what Jorge Masvidal implemented at UFC 244 in November. In the first (and to date, only) “BMF” title fight in UFC history, Masvidal defeated Diaz by TKO due to cuts.

“I’d hit him on the feet (the) same way Jorge Masvidal did,” Perry said. “I’d play his guard. I’d get half guard (and) sit on top of him. It’d look exactly the same way the Mickey Gall did, to be honest with you. If you guys liked that fight, then yeah, you’ll probably like the Nate Diaz fight, too because he’s a little more durable. He’ll probably try to stand there and box back with me, but my power punches (are) just – I’d sit him down.”
Related
Mike Perry on girlfriend's cornering skills: 'She did a great job, she kept it very simple'
Twitter reacts to Mike Perry's decision win over Mickey Gall, discontent with paying taxes at UFC on ESPN 12

Diaz hasn’t competed since UFC 244. Since August 2016, Diaz has been booked three times but has only competed twice. Fights against Diaz are hard to come by.

A winner of three of his most recent four, Diaz has remained largely quiet since his loss to Masvidal, occasionally chiming in to talk trash on Twitter.

With his UFC on ESPN 12 victory, Perry snapped a two-fight losing skid. He is 3-3 in his past six fights dating back to July 2018.
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Petr Yan, Alexander Gustafsson, Joe Duffy, Marc Diakiese, Kamaru Usman

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
World Champion
World Champion
 
Posts: 25501
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar & Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017, Jan/Feb 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019, Feb 2020

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby dipset52 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:27 am

Book it
Image
User avatar
dipset52
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018, Aug 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby asdfghjkl » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:54 am

Nate is washed up and doesn't even have the drive to compete anymore. Probably from smoking too much pot and making some money.

That being said...
Nate would mop the floor with Mike Perry. EASILY. Good job you beat Mickey Gall who beat cm punk. WOW. AMAZING. GOOD JOB.
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 12:40 am

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby YMCA » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:00 am

A guy who is 7-6 in the company and has no quality wins (Cowboy Oliveira? A split over Felder in his WW debut?) thinks he’s worthy of a shot at Diaz?

Diaz has issues with wrestlers, that is true, but he’s also got far more wins over quality opposition.

29-28 on all 3 cards isn’t exactly totally dominant. Especially against a guy who is ranked outside the top 15 (probably the top 20).
Black Zeus wrote:
^^he has a long history of crying if things don't go his way. Doubt he can learn to keep his emotions in check at such a late age. What is he 37?
YMCA
Moderator
 
Posts: 8439
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:50 am

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby tsarlaider » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:59 am

If they agree to keep it standing this is a damn entertaining match up.

Perry doesn't have Nate's resume and experience but he has proved that he can eat a punch and throw a punch.

He lost close decisions to 2 killers of the division, Ponzi and Luque.
Image

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
User avatar
tsarlaider
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:34 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Jan 2017, June 2017, Jan 2018, Feb 2018, Mar 2018, Apr 2019, May 2019, Nov 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2016, Aug 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan 2016
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2019
Survivor

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby MadTitan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:12 am

YMCA wrote:A guy who is 7-6 in the company and has no quality wins (Cowboy Oliveira? A split over Felder in his WW debut?) thinks he’s worthy of a shot at Diaz?

Diaz has issues with wrestlers, that is true, but he’s also got far more wins over quality opposition.

29-28 on all 3 cards isn’t exactly totally dominant. Especially against a guy who is ranked outside the top 15 (probably the top 20).


All great points.

That said: Make this fucking fight right now.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.
User avatar
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7421
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 pm
Location: Giving the "Open Attack" signal

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby ebickmeyer » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:22 am

The buildup alone would be perfect. Two dumbfucks hounding each other like retarded street thugs fighting over a blunt.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
User avatar
ebickmeyer
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: St. Louis
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: June 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: July 2018, Jan 2019, Feb 2019, Apr 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Apr 2017
Survivor (x2)

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby MadTitan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:24 am

ebickmeyer wrote:The buildup alone would be perfect. Two dumbfucks hounding each other like retarded street thugs fighting over a blunt.


Fap material 100%
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.
User avatar
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7421
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 pm
Location: Giving the "Open Attack" signal

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby philphan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:14 am

MadTitan wrote:
ebickmeyer wrote:The buildup alone would be perfect. Two dumbfucks hounding each other like retarded street thugs fighting over a blunt.


Fap material 100%

:lol: :lol:
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Petr Yan, Alexander Gustafsson, Joe Duffy, Marc Diakiese, Kamaru Usman

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
World Champion
World Champion
 
Posts: 25501
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar & Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017, Jan/Feb 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019, Feb 2020

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby dipset52 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:17 pm



For any one who cares.

I found this little clip of Nate and Regis prograis sparring. I could watch this shit all day.

I don’t think Nate looks “weak” at all here.

Perry is tough. Nate is tough. Nates Just wayyyyyyyyyy better.

Nate would seriously hurt Conor in a 12 round boxing match.
Image
User avatar
dipset52
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018, Aug 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby warriorxv » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 pm

dipset52 wrote:

For any one who cares.

I found this little clip of Nate and Regis prograis sparring. I could watch this shit all day.

I don’t think Nate looks “weak” at all here.

Perry is tough. Nate is tough. Nates Just wayyyyyyyyyy better.

Nate would seriously hurt Conor in a 12 round boxing match.


I think what mike refers to is that Nate has zero KO power. EVERYONE that knows the Diaz brothers, know they do the whole punches in bunches.

Nates huge, and has nice hand technique so I don’t think he is weak by any means and his punches in bunches still will fuck more people up than mikes swinging for the fence style IMO.

The problem is, I think nates also content with the money he has made and isn’t as hungry as mike. I think mike would try and bull rush Nate.

I hope to fuck Nate would win.

The lead up to this fight would be amazing.
Image
User avatar
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: May 2016

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby dipset52 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:21 pm

warriorxv wrote:
dipset52 wrote:

For any one who cares.

I found this little clip of Nate and Regis prograis sparring. I could watch this shit all day.

I don’t think Nate looks “weak” at all here.

Perry is tough. Nate is tough. Nates Just wayyyyyyyyyy better.

Nate would seriously hurt Conor in a 12 round boxing match.


I think what mike refers to is that Nate has zero KO power. EVERYONE that knows the Diaz brothers, know they do the whole punches in bunches.

Nates huge, and has nice hand technique so I don’t think he is weak by any means and his punches in bunches still will fuck more people up than mikes swinging for the fence style IMO.

The problem is, I think nates also content with the money he has made and isn’t as hungry as mike. I think mike would try and bull rush Nate.

I hope to fuck Nate would win.

The lead up to this fight would be amazing.


I hear ya.
Those salt n pepper punches add up tho!
Lolol the lead up would be pretty funny. IMO I see this as a classic vintage win for Nate!

Never gonna happen tho.

Nate has 2 fights left and it’s mas and Conor. That’s probably it.
Image
User avatar
dipset52
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018, Aug 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby KingOfPancrase » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:23 am

Can't blame him. Getting old and unmotivated. If I just had 2 fights left I'd want rematches with my biggest drawing opponents for sure. Plus... they both have a chance to win a title this year or early next year. So he has a shot at making MONEY and being CHAMP toward the tail end of his career. Why would he waste the fights on any other matchups.
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9804
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby MadTitan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm

Diaz deserves better than Perry. I take it back, but it would be a good scrap.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.
User avatar
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7421
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 pm
Location: Giving the "Open Attack" signal

Re: Perry wants weak Diaz

Postby Shuck » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:22 pm

Looks like Mike is taking a page out of Conors training in preparation for Nate.. Slept an old man, tho old yeller did make the 1st move :-?

Magatron Makn Link Great Again

03/09' BBelt Account - Partially Deleted because Shucky always speaks the Truth, Even when I Lie - :hand:

Quake is Coming :thunder: :skullmad:
User avatar
Shuck
Green Belt
Green Belt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:35 pm
Location: TriggyWhore2025 Head :)
Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2017, 2018, 2019

Next

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users