Close
Login
Register

Paulo Costa

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Paulo Costa

Postby philphan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Spoiler:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Petr Yan, Alexander Gustafsson, Joe Duffy, Marc Diakiese, Kamaru Usman

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar & Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017, Jan/Feb 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019, Feb 2020

Re: Paulo Costa

Postby philphan » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:09 pm

It will be fun watching him make the butbender bleed.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
Fantasy Fighters- Petr Yan, Alexander Gustafsson, Joe Duffy, Marc Diakiese, Kamaru Usman

philphan
World Champion
World Champion

Survivor (x2)

Postby warriorxv » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:25 pm

Modern day viTRT, I’m all aboard this hype train. Most exciting fighter in the ufc or mma for me at the moment. Absolute fucking murderer. His fight against Hendricks and Romero and hall and bamgbose made me wet my pants.

His hooks are so fucking beautiful to the body.
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: May 2016

Postby MadTitan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:02 am

I do believe he's passed all screenings? Until then, well, even after he pops hot (assuming that he does) I will still enjoy watching him fight. He's a killer.

Adesanya vs. Costa is like the modern day Anderson vs. Vitor.

Really cool fight. Can't wait. Not sure who I'm picking though...
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby jblaze » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:23 am

Is it just me or did none of these guys beat Romero? Except maybe for Stoolgate.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby philphan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:41 am

jblaze wrote:Is it just me or did none of these guys beat Romero? Except maybe for Stoolgate.

Costa beat him for sure. Romero and Izzy should have both been cut from the UFC for their fight, it was pathetic.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
World Champion
World Champion

Survivor (x2)

Postby warriorxv » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:43 am

jblaze wrote:Is it just me or did none of these guys beat Romero? Except maybe for Stoolgate.

It’s just you. Costa won that fight. Romero always fights the exact same. He bores people to sleep, he randomly throws one attack with 15 seconds left in the round.

Costa absolutely took it too him and won a very close decision.
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby H.K.D. » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:02 pm

Izzy gonna catch him coming in. :cig:
RIP Lemmy #Lemmyisgod #Godisdead
H.K.D.
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby MadTitan » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:59 am

H.K.D. wrote:Izzy gonna catch him coming in. :cig:

Could be. Adesanya is a sniper with his counter strikes, but Costa can take a beating and keep moving forward. I'm starting to lean towards Costa in this fight, but that could change in a matter of hours. Hard fight to predict.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby warriorxv » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:15 am

MadTitan wrote:

Could be. Adesanya is a sniper with his counter strikes, but Costa can take a beating and keep moving forward. I'm starting to lean towards Costa in this fight, but that could change in a matter of hours. Hard fight to predict.

Izzy and hooker as impressive as they both are, I feel like both will be victims of their own success. I feel Like the fight with izzy and Romero, Izzy completely fought to survive and didn’t want to get beat.

While costas went in there to win, and had no fear. Romero hits a lot harder, while Izzy hits a lot more accurate so it’s really interesting because while Romero did land...Izzy can land the much more effective shots...

I just think that in this clash...it’s actually a good thing for costas to be such a “bullheaded strong minded person” in the sense that he has enough skill and power that the lack of IQ will actually get him a win. His lack of fear and pushing forward until getting stopped sort of style will fuck with izzys confidence and technique still of fighting.

Izzy is so confident every time he talks about costas that all he does is box with short arms, that I honesty think he will over look him. Izzy really praises him self a lot for that god awful fight with Romero, and I’m starting to feel like him and hooker both have a lot of YES man in their corner.
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby H.K.D. » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:08 pm

warriorxv wrote:
MadTitan wrote:

Izzy and hooker as impressive as they both are, I feel like both will be victims of their own success. I feel Like the fight with izzy and Romero, Izzy completely fought to survive and didn’t want to get beat.

While costas went in there to win, and had no fear. Romero hits a lot harder, while Izzy hits a lot more accurate so it’s really interesting because while Romero did land...Izzy can land the much more effective shots...

I just think that in this clash...it’s actually a good thing for costas to be such a “bullheaded strong minded person” in the sense that he has enough skill and power that the lack of IQ will actually get him a win. His lack of fear and pushing forward until getting stopped sort of style will fuck with izzys confidence and technique still of fighting.

Izzy is so confident every time he talks about costas that all he does is box with short arms, that I honesty think he will over look him. Izzy really praises him self a lot for that god awful fight with Romero, and I’m starting to feel like him and hooker both have a lot of YES man in their corner.

Robert Whittaker went to war with Romero twice. I'd put Whittaker power right up there with Costa. I'd even give Whittaker striking a nod over Costa. I just see Izzzy catching Coast like Whitaker coming in.
H.K.D.
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby warriorxv » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:07 pm

H.K.D. wrote:
warriorxv wrote:
MadTitan wrote:

Robert Whittaker went to war with Romero twice. I'd put Whittaker power right up there with Costa. I'd even give Whittaker striking a nod over Costa. I just see Izzzy catching Coast like Whitaker coming in.

That’s your opinion. Which is fair, and you could be correct.

My opinion is that costas is much stronger and much harder of a hitter than Robert and has much scarier moving forward power and technique with pure boxing whilst throwing some heavy heavy body kicks.

Robert at first when I think about it, has more off a overall stand up...but the more I think about the way that the last fights have gone...stand up..honestly I think costas takes out Robert..his body kicks are fucking brutal and he is a heavy moving forward force.

Roberts wars with Romero took him out of it. He talked about it, he was burned out and done.

Maybe when he was peaking yeah, but right now with the way both are in their careers...I think costas starches Robert.

I like Bobby knuckles a lot and I was rooting for him against izzy but he got fucking destroyed. Don’t forget how he looked fucking soulless and defeated between the rounds as he was flash ko’d before the bell.
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby H.K.D. » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:51 pm

I hear ya man. I just think that marching straight forward plays right into Izzy's game.
H.K.D.
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby warriorxv » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:06 pm

H.K.D. wrote:I hear ya man. I just think that marching straight forward plays right into Izzy's game.

Totally see your point, and you could totally be correct. Part reason why izzy looked so good against Robert is because Robert moved forward.

I just think costas is luckily they one person this strategy works against izzy, and basically only him.
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion