Close
Login
Register

Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs Masvidal

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Who ya got?

The Nigerian Nightmare
1
4%
Gamebred
4
17%
Blessed
2
8%
The Great
2
8%
Scarface
2
8%
No Mercy
2
8%
Thug Rose
3
13%
Bate Estaca
1
4%
PVZ
1
4%
Ribas
2
8%
No Time
2
8%
Jiri
2
8%
 
Total votes : 24

Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs Masvidal

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:39 am

JULY 11, 2020 | TBA | Yas Island, Abu Dhabi


Image


Main Card
Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET


Kamaru Usman vs Jorge Masvidal
for welterweight title

Alexander Volkanovski vs Max Holloway
for featherweight title

Petr Yan vs Jose Aldo
for vacant bantamweight title

Jessica Andrade vs Rose Namajunas

Amanda Ribas vs Paige VanZant



Preliminary Card
ESPN, ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET


Volkan Oezdemir vs Jiri Prochazka

Muslim Salikhov vs Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos

Makwan Amirkhani vs Danny Henry

Roman Bogatov vs Leonardo Santos



Preliminary Card
ESPN, ESPN+, 6:15 p.m. ET


Alexander Romanov vs Marcin Tybura

Raulian Paiva vs Zhalgas Zhumagulov

Vanessa Melo vs Karol Rosa

Martin Day vs Davey Grant





:P
Last edited by bruins2012 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19599
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby kezzaman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:32 am

They are going to use the bigger cage and ruin the whole experience
Image
Forrest back by popular demand [TW@S]
User avatar
kezzaman
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4032
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:15 am

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby Asso » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Wowow great card. I'm stoked for Oezdemir's mirror match against his cooler clone, Jiri Prochazka.
Image
User avatar
Asso
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:38 am

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby PainDog » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Asso wrote:Wowow great card. I'm stoked for Oezdemir's mirror match against his cooler clone, Jiri Prochazka.


I look forward to this match as well but Volkan shall win
Image

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
User avatar
PainDog
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 9627
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby Asso » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:40 pm

PainDog wrote:
Asso wrote:Wowow great card. I'm stoked for Oezdemir's mirror match against his cooler clone, Jiri Prochazka.


I look forward to this match as well but Volkan shall win

Yea, he definitely has more experience but I'll be rooting for Jiri for sure. Ryzen Pride.
Image
User avatar
Asso
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:38 am

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby philphan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Image
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Petr Yan, Alexander Gustafsson, Joe Duffy, Marc Diakiese, Kamaru Usman

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
World Champion
World Champion
 
Posts: 25501
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar & Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017, Jan/Feb 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019, Feb 2020

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby ebickmeyer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Gotta go with Usman man. His pace and cardio are insane. He can probably overpower Burns with his size and wrestling. His chin is also very tough.

Volkanovski will probably have even more success against Holloway this time.

Petr Yan and Aldo should be fotn.

Either Rose gets thrown on her head again or she cracks Andrade's chin.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
User avatar
ebickmeyer
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3010
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: St. Louis
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: June 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: July 2018, Jan 2019, Feb 2019, Apr 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Apr 2017
Survivor (x2)

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby PainDog » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 pm

I actually voted for Burns to beat Usman.

I think Usman honestly has two clear paths to victory which are in the clinch and even on the ground. We've seen plenty of times when a high level wrestler has smashed a high level BJJ black belt on the ground.

But I have this feeling Usman is going to try and fight Burns like he fought Colby. While that fight was entertaining the striking technique from both guys was honestly complete shit, if Usman tries to Burns like that he is going to lose.

I am optimistic that Max can beat Vokanovski. While Volkanovski clearly won he didn't dominate and arguably Max could have won the last 2 rounds. Volkanovski should be the betting favorite based on what we saw in the first fight, but I feel Max can get it done.

A five round fight favors Yan in my opinion. I agree this fight has all the potential to be FOTN.

A three round fight probably favors Rose. I think people forget Andrade was coming on the first fight even before the slam knock out. Rose by decision seems most likely but I am hoping Andrade gets it done.
Image

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
User avatar
PainDog
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 9627
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:45 pm

philphan wrote:Image



Gonna get on chat and play some Night Crawlers??

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19599
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby warriorxv » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:09 pm

bruins2012 wrote:
philphan wrote:Image



Gonna get on chat and play some Night Crawlers??

:P


Pocket pool all night on Saturday’s
Image
User avatar
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: May 2016

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby ebickmeyer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 pm

PainDog wrote:I actually voted for Burns to beat Usman.

I think Usman honestly has two clear paths to victory which are in the clinch and even on the ground. We've seen plenty of times when a high level wrestler has smashed a high level BJJ black belt on the ground.

But I have this feeling Usman is going to try and fight Burns like he fought Colby. While that fight was entertaining the striking technique from both guys was honestly complete shit, if Usman tries to Burns like that he is going to lose.

I am optimistic that Max can beat Vokanovski. While Volkanovski clearly won he didn't dominate and arguably Max could have won the last 2 rounds. Volkanovski should be the betting favorite based on what we saw in the first fight, but I feel Max can get it done.

A five round fight favors Yan in my opinion. I agree this fight has all the potential to be FOTN.

A three round fight probably favors Rose. I think people forget Andrade was coming on the first fight even before the slam knock out. Rose by decision seems most likely but I am hoping Andrade gets it done.


If Usman tries to strike with Burns he has lost his mind. He should just fight Burns almost exactly how he fought RDA.

If Max changes his strategy he has a good chance. He needs to at least check and counter those kicks better. Maybe he should throw some of his own without relying too much on his boxing combos.

Yeah. I like Andrade. Super humble fighter that throws people around like a little she hulk.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
User avatar
ebickmeyer
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3010
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: St. Louis
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: June 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: July 2018, Jan 2019, Feb 2019, Apr 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Apr 2017
Survivor (x2)

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby philphan » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:24 am

I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Petr Yan, Alexander Gustafsson, Joe Duffy, Marc Diakiese, Kamaru Usman

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
World Champion
World Champion
 
Posts: 25501
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar & Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017, Jan/Feb 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019, Feb 2020

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby tsarlaider » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:47 am

philphan wrote:


i was watching that fight couple days ago and Yan is a savage.

Sure Faber wasn't near his peak in that fight but he hadn't been finished since 2014 and he has only lost to the very top guys. Can't remember anyone puting such a beating to him except Aldo with those leg kicks.

That was a proper retirement.
Image

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
User avatar
tsarlaider
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:34 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Jan 2017, June 2017, Jan 2018, Feb 2018, Mar 2018, Apr 2019, May 2019, Nov 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2016, Aug 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan 2016
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2019
Survivor

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:51 am

ebickmeyer wrote:
PainDog wrote:I actually voted for Burns to beat Usman.

I think Usman honestly has two clear paths to victory which are in the clinch and even on the ground. We've seen plenty of times when a high level wrestler has smashed a high level BJJ black belt on the ground.

But I have this feeling Usman is going to try and fight Burns like he fought Colby. While that fight was entertaining the striking technique from both guys was honestly complete shit, if Usman tries to Burns like that he is going to lose.

I am optimistic that Max can beat Vokanovski. While Volkanovski clearly won he didn't dominate and arguably Max could have won the last 2 rounds. Volkanovski should be the betting favorite based on what we saw in the first fight, but I feel Max can get it done.

A five round fight favors Yan in my opinion. I agree this fight has all the potential to be FOTN.

A three round fight probably favors Rose. I think people forget Andrade was coming on the first fight even before the slam knock out. Rose by decision seems most likely but I am hoping Andrade gets it done.


If Usman tries to strike with Burns he has lost his mind. He should just fight Burns almost exactly how he fought RDA.

If Max changes his strategy he has a good chance. He needs to at least check and counter those kicks better. Maybe he should throw some of his own without relying too much on his boxing combos.

Yeah. I like Andrade. Super humble fighter that throws people around like a little she hulk.



I don’t see the advantage Burns has on the feet. Usman seems to have the longer reach and punches, has more volume and has beaten the better competition. I like Burns a lot, but don’t see where he has any advantage in this fight.

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19599
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 251: Usman vs. Burns

Postby PainDog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:58 am

bruins2012 wrote:
ebickmeyer wrote:
PainDog wrote:I actually voted for Burns to beat Usman.

I think Usman honestly has two clear paths to victory which are in the clinch and even on the ground. We've seen plenty of times when a high level wrestler has smashed a high level BJJ black belt on the ground.

But I have this feeling Usman is going to try and fight Burns like he fought Colby. While that fight was entertaining the striking technique from both guys was honestly complete shit, if Usman tries to Burns like that he is going to lose.

I am optimistic that Max can beat Vokanovski. While Volkanovski clearly won he didn't dominate and arguably Max could have won the last 2 rounds. Volkanovski should be the betting favorite based on what we saw in the first fight, but I feel Max can get it done.

A five round fight favors Yan in my opinion. I agree this fight has all the potential to be FOTN.

A three round fight probably favors Rose. I think people forget Andrade was coming on the first fight even before the slam knock out. Rose by decision seems most likely but I am hoping Andrade gets it done.


If Usman tries to strike with Burns he has lost his mind. He should just fight Burns almost exactly how he fought RDA.

If Max changes his strategy he has a good chance. He needs to at least check and counter those kicks better. Maybe he should throw some of his own without relying too much on his boxing combos.

Yeah. I like Andrade. Super humble fighter that throws people around like a little she hulk.



I don’t see the advantage Burns has on the feet. Usman seems to have the longer reach and punches, has more volume and has beaten the better competition. I like Burns a lot, but don’t see where he has any advantage in this fight.

:P


Burns is a decent striker.

Usmans striking looks pretty bad in my opinion.

Despite his reach he over extends drops his hands after every punch has no head movement...
Image

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
User avatar
PainDog
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 9627
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Next

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users