Close
Login
Register

Best MMA Fighter on the Streets

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: Best MMA Fighter on the Streets

Postby likes2fightguy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:31 am

will09 wrote:got this from mma mania

Former welterweight champion Matt Hughes has a new book hitting stores soon. The Sun has been leaking excerpts the last few days right here.

The latest one recalls the unsanctioned street fight between then UFC light heavyweight champion, Tito Ortiz, and former UFC fighter-turned alleged bank robber, Lee Murray, after UFC 38 in July 2002.

Hughes tells the story second-hand via Pat Miletich because he went back to the hotel room and was not involved in the incident (contrary to recent lore).

Here’s the snip:

“So it’s four o’clock in the morning and they had everybody leave the club, right? Well, the UFC had bussed us all over there but they didn’t have a bus to take us back. It’s down to Mark, me [Pat Miletich], Tony Fryklund, Chuck Liddell, Tito [Ortiz] and Lee Murray. Lee Murray’s crew was still there, Tito’s crew was also still there. I walked out the back door to go in the alley. Tito’s buddy jumped on my back. He jumped on my back and acted like he had me in a choke hold, just messing around, you know? Then I felt him get ripped off of me. I turned around and Tony Fryklund had HIM in a chokehold, and was really choking him. The guy looked like a mouse that just got trapped in a mousetrap; his eyes were popping out and obviously he wasn’t breathing. Tony thought he was actually attacking me – that’s the only reason he did it. So I turned round and told Tony to let him go, and Tony let him go. Then Tito’s buddy turned around and basically said ‘what the f*** are you doing?’ to Tony. Well, when he said that, one of Lee Murray’s buddies, that one guy who kind of took care of us all week long, thought this guy was actually trying to fight us, so he ran out of the crowd and cracked this kid with a right hand and knocked him out cold…. The entire alley erupted into a huge brawl. I was just standing there, and there were bodies flying all over the place. I was confused how it all happened, because it happened so fast. I was standing there with my mouth open like ‘what the hell is going on?’ I looked over and Chuck Liddell was with his back against the wall, knocking people out that were trying to go after him. Then I looked over and there’s Tito directly past me, taking his coat off, going after Lee Murray, and Lee Murray’s backing up the alley taking his jacket off. Both their jackets come off, and Tito throws a left hook at Lee Murray and misses, and right as he missed, Lee Murray counters with, like, a five-punch combo, landed right on the chin, and knocked Tito out. OUT. Tito fell face-first down to the ground, and then Lee Murray stomped him on the face a couple of times with his boots.”

NO WAY..!!!! Tito got knocked out when he was drunk by a bad mother f*cker with dynamite in his hands.....What a pussy.. :roll: :roll: ........
likes2fightguy
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby rust1d » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:15 pm

the demolition man
rust1d
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Iceman54 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:25 pm

No biting or groin shots? why the fuck not
hawdrigoh wrote:Linker is the best site. Hands down. It doesn't need "a chance". Anyone that thinks otherwise can fuck right off.

PBells wrote:
AXEMELL wrote:Dave Mayhew ‏@Creamjack138 17 Jun 2015 View translation
MMALINKER? more like NGRFGTLINKER
Well in that case, fuck him, his wife, and his kid. :lol:
Iceman54
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Master Detective, Former HW Champion
April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby samw4488 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Aleksander is definitely worth a mention. He's been in street fights with thousands of kids back in the day. Also several months ago he was brought into custody after beating up like 3 or 4 guys who charged him in a bar fight. Plus he served 3.5 years in the Russian DOC which is arguably one of the toughest prison systems in developed countries. I'm sure he got into a couple of fights while in prison.

Other than that really anyone who has good striking abilities.
samw4488
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby GuLaMaN » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 am

* BJ I think ... because he he doesnt really have a gameplan when he fights ... he's fluid ... and able to improvise ... by the way he has been in street fights too

* But I am going for Bas Rutten ... He is known to have been in the role Rocky was before he got to be champion. I dont know how you call it the States, but in Holland we call such a person a "thumb-twister" (if you dont agree, they'll make you understand :P ) ... He used to train with Chris Dolman and Mr. Dolman used to be like the main "security" in the Redlight district in Amsterdam back mid 80's and begin 90's and the men he worked for were "wiseguys" ... but then again when someone else tells me the same story, people die and stuff ... I just keep with this story, coz there is no exaggerating ...
Fave Fighters:

* BJ Penn (P4P in my opinion most talented)
* Brandon Vera (THE TRUTH is, He's my Balut Boy!!!)
* Rampage Jackson (Favourite personality in and out of the ring)
* Randy Couture (The real Captain America, a true Samurai)
GuLaMaN
White Belt
White Belt

Postby psukid » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:33 am

I see Takanori Gomi knocking dudes out in
late night bar fights with barely any energy
left in him...but still knocking fools out with
his haymakers.
"I'm a warrior on the battlefield swinging his sword for 5 hours straight..."
"I'm not your kid. I'm not your sparring partner. You're goning to see the difference big mouth."
psukid
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby RanaWrestler » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:14 pm

I think Wanderlei would actually kill someone in a street fight. The guy's insane :twisted:
RanaWrestler
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby RanaWrestler » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:16 pm

What about Kimbo? :lol:
RanaWrestler
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re:

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Henry Miller wrote:Ryan Gracie. He is always in trouble and gets into a lot of fights. I saw him in a bar in Tokyo. He was cool to me but as he got drunker he became a huge asshole.

and then he got stabbed and killed in jail or something.... ..

nothing goes to luck.

My vote goes to the 'late' Kevin the monster Randleman
EvilGorilla69+1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby philphan » Tue May 15, 2018 10:49 pm

I still wouldn't mouth off to Hendo walking down the street.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Israel Adesanya, Brad Tavares, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Alex Oliveira, Juliana Velasquez
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Previous

Return to MMA Discussion