Close
Login
Register

Finally Someone Says His Name!

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Finally Someone Says His Name!

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:00 pm

Herbert Burns wants to fight as soon as possible, calls out Ryan Hall and Bryce Mitchell

Rising prospect Herbert Burns doesn’t want to waste time after his quick submission win over Evan Dunham at UFC 250. A Brazilian jiu-jitsu blackbelt and the younger brother of welterweight contender Gilbert Burns, the ‘Blaze’ wishes to get back in the Octagon as soon as possible and already knows who he wants to fight next.

In an interview with Ag Fight, Burns named two athletes he wishes to face next and hopefully very soon: fellow Brazilian jiu-jitsu standout Ryan Hall and undefeated prospect Bryce Mitchell.

“My nickname is ‘The Blaze,’ so I try to blaze through my opponents in the quickest way possible. The Apex gives me luck. It’s my second first-round submission win there. (Fighting there again) helped me, because I already knew what to expect. I warmed up in the same locker room. So when I learned I would be in the same locker room, I said it would be the same result (as his Contender Series fight against Darrick Minner)”.

“I want to fight as quickly as possible. If I could fight on the ‘Fight Island’, it would be awesome. I’ve been to United Arab Emirates before, I’ve fought in Dubai for ONE Championship, I got good wins there. It would be awesome to go back. I want fight Bryce Mitchell or Ryan Hall. If I could choose, it would be Hall, a ranked guy, he has jiu-jitsu chops, too. We would see who’s the most well-rounded guy, which I think is me. If he doesn’t want to, Bryce MItchell is a young prospect, his grappling game is also strong.”

Before his win over Dunham, Herbert Burns (11-2) knocked out Nate Landwehr in his debut, back in January. Right now, the 32-year-old is on a five-fight winning streak, with his last loss dating back to an August 2017 unanimous decision defeat to Magomed Idrisov.

Herbert Burns vs Ryan Hall :tup:

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Finally Someone Says His Name!

Postby TFlock » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:58 pm

We all know what happened to his 2nd last opponent 8)
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:

TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:56 am

Man Herbert has a legit ground game. Offensively especially it is potent.

However his defensive ground game is inconsistent. He got beat up from the guard in both of his loses in ONE.

Hall would submit him I think but who the hell knows, I see Hell submitting him in the first or second round though
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Postby dipset52 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:26 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Man Herbert has a legit ground game. Offensively especially it is potent.

However his defensive ground game is inconsistent. He got beat up from the guard in both of his loses in ONE.

Hall would submit him I think but who the hell knows, I see Hell submitting him in the first or second round though

He was offered Herbert Burns over a year ago. Not discrediting burns, but Ryan needs a top guy.
dipset52
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018, Aug 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Postby kezzaman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Hexcellent, helease the hounds
Forrest back by popular demand [TW@S]
kezzaman
4th Degree Black Belt