Close
Login
Register

CHAMP vs Max 2

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

CHAMP vs Max 2

Postby philphan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:31 am

Report: Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway Rematch Targeted for UFC 251
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/289 ... or-ufc-251

Alexander Volkanovski earned the featherweight title by defeating Max Holloway in a fifth-round unanimous decision at December's UFC 245, and the UFC is reportedly scheduling a rematch.

According to ESPN's Ariel Helwani on Monday night, the UFC is discussing Holloway and Volkanovski fighting again for the featherweight belt July 11 at UFC 251. "The fight, however, isn't signed just yet," Helwani noted.

Volkanovski has won 18 straight fights. The 31-year-old last lost by technical knockout to Corey Nelson all the way back on May 9, 2013.

Holloway was riding a 13-fight winning streak before falling to Dustin Poirier in a unanimous decision at UFC 236 in April 13, 2019. The 28-year-old has now dropped two of his last three bouts with a July 2019 victory over Frankie Edgar sandwiched between Poirier and Volkanovski.

Volkanovski made it clear last week he wants to "prove" he's the best featherweight in the world by taking on Holloway again:

UFC President Dana White has been discussing Fight Island, an international remote location to continue events amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The location is rumored to be Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.

Holloway is 21-5-0 all-time, while Volkanovski holds a 21-1-0 all-time record.

UFC 250 occurred over the weekend at a fan-less UFC APEX in Las Vegas. The event was headlined by Amanda Nunes' fifth-round decision victory over Felicia Spencer to defend her women's featherweight title.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Petr Yan, Alexander Gustafsson, Joe Duffy, Marc Diakiese, ?

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar & Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017, Jan/Feb 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019, Feb 2020

Re: CHAMP vs Max 2

Postby kezzaman » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:00 am

Lets go Max !
Forrest back by popular demand [TW@S]
kezzaman
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:31 am

If Alex can keep up the same pressure and avoid getting hit he should be ok.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:01 am

kezzaman wrote:Lets go Max !

:pointup:

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby Luminum » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:44 am

I have no idea why they would book this fight. Holloway offered next to nothing in the first fight so I'm not sure what else he can bring in a rematch and expect another volk decision.

I would prefer kz or yair to have a shot first.
Luminum
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:19 am

Luminum wrote:I have no idea why they would book this fight. Holloway offered next to nothing in the first fight so I'm not sure what else he can bring in a rematch and expect another volk decision.

I gotta agree mr sir sir.

Although Holloway has more claim to a rematch than a lot of losing champs did in terms of having a long title reign, he really did little to nothing against Volkanovski last time. Pretty much all effective offense was from Alex that night

Volkanovski vs KZ would be sweet with Holloway fighting a contender like Kattar or Zabit in the mean time.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Postby Luminum » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:15 am

Mr Meow wrote:
Luminum wrote:I have no idea why they would book this fight. Holloway offered next to nothing in the first fight so I'm not sure what else he can bring in a rematch and expect another volk decision.

Although Holloway has more claim to a rematch than a lot of losing champs did in terms of having a long title reign, he really did little to nothing against Volkanovski last time. Pretty much all effective offense was from Alex that night

Volkanovski vs KZ would be sweet with Holloway fighting a contender like Kattar or Zabit in the mean time.

And if Holloway loses again, what's next? No-one will want to see it again and he will be stuck waiting until someone else is champion.

Let him get a few wins under his belt, get some buzz behind him and have Rogan bang on about how 'he's back!' And have the rematch down the line if volk is still champ and if its someone else is champ, you have a credible contender coming off a win instead of the Cruz/Aldo situation. It's not like they are short of contenders at the minute!

Also Holloway vs Kattar would be sick! Very good call Mr Kitty
Luminum
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:48 am

Mr Meow wrote:

Max VS Zabit, Battle of the lanky cunts.

Max kills him after round 2 though
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:04 am

Luminum wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

And if Holloway loses again, what's next? No-one will want to see it again and he will be stuck waiting until someone else is champion.

Let him get a few wins under his belt, get some buzz behind him and have Rogan bang on about how 'he's back!' And have the rematch down the line if volk is still champ and if its someone else is champ, you have a credible contender coming off a win instead of the Cruz/Aldo situation. It's not like they are short of contenders at the minute!

Also Holloway vs Kattar would be sick! Very good call Mr Kitty

Exactly! You could not have said it better. If Max loses he puts himself and the UFC in such a weird position where he wont get a trilogy anytime soon and he will just beat all the best up and comers and new contenders at 145 until Volkanovski is no longer champ.

Holloway and Kattar would be a great. Especially a 5 round main event. Those two would have so many fun boxing exchanges.

320IDAVE wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

Max VS Zabit, Battle of the lanky cunts.

Max kills him after round 2 though

Lol. Zabit would have some early success but man if he gassed yet again in the 3rd or 4th Max would hunt him down and box his ears off
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Postby PBells » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:13 am

Championship matchmaking is so lazy under WME... it's either instant rematches or the cheapest contender.
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Survivor Champion (x2)

Postby warriorxv » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:45 am

No way, another stupid match up from the ufc as of lately. I’m shocked.
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: May 2016

Postby dipset52 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:35 pm

Yea this isn’t exciting to me.

Oh well. Typical ufc tho.

Where THE FUCK is KZ vs T city
dipset52
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018, Aug 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Postby kezzaman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:31 pm

dipset52 wrote:Yea this isn’t exciting to me.

Oh well. Typical ufc tho.

Where THE FUCK is KZ vs T city

TC hurt his hand beating up civilians he should be back soon though :tup:
Forrest back by popular demand [TW@S]
kezzaman
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion