Close
Login
Register

Eddie Bravo’s Corner Advice

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Eddie Bravo’s Corner Advice

Postby bruins2012 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:37 am

The differences in corner advice on Saturday though...

Trevor: Take 10% off your shots, you’re trying to kill him. Throw the right, then when he leans back throw the left. Set up the leg kicks with jabs.

Eddie: Looking beautiful Tony, throw some sand bro. Might have to throw out an Imunari roll....

Not the most technical advice.....

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Eddie Bravo’s Corner Advice

Postby warriorxv » Wed May 13, 2020 12:58 pm

Wait, Eddie bravo said something stupid? No...
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: May 2016

Postby Mr Meow » Wed May 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Bravo is a real good jits coach for mma. Especially if you have a certain frame for his techniques.

However

Bravo is not a good cornerman. He is the opposite of John Donhnananhner in terms of in fight cornering.

If I was getting my ass beat very badly and the best advice i get is "maybe its time to try an imanari roll" I would be looking around like are you being serious? that's all?

"Hey Tony, this dude is finishing a lot of his combinations with a left hook, you are losing the striking battles, next time he is gearing up for that combination instead of trying to roll away instead time the hook at the end with a double leg of your own."

- Not Eddie Bravo
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Postby kezzaman » Wed May 13, 2020 2:32 pm

I noticed something interesting that i might look for in other fights. Tony was able to absorb very powerful shorts to the right side of his face (Justins left hooks) but shots to the left side of his face (right hooks) with less power wobbled him way more frequently.

Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Wed May 13, 2020 4:34 pm

warriorxv wrote:Wait, Eddie bravo said something stupid? No...

Dude, look into it.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby KidDynamite420 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:49 am

Wait... You mean Eddie Bravo, the BJJ expert, didn’t give good corner advice in a fight that was predominately striking?

Spoiler:
Weird
KidDynamite420
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby jblaze » Thu May 14, 2020 5:39 am

Even though Tony was getting destroyed most of the fight he still almost won at the end of the second. That was with bad cornering and a terrible game plan.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby KingOfPancrase » Thu May 14, 2020 5:47 am

jblaze wrote:Even though Tony was getting destroyed most of the fight he still almost won at the end of the second. That was with bad cornering and a terrible game plan.

Yeah that uppercut damn near killed Gaehtje
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 am

kezzaman wrote:I noticed something interesting that i might look for in other fights. Tony was able to absorb very powerful shorts to the right side of his face (Justins left hooks) but shots to the left side of his face (right hooks) with less power wobbled him way more frequently.

Could be cause of his stance
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (as The Smurf)

Postby ebickmeyer » Thu May 14, 2020 8:04 pm

KidDynamite420 wrote:Wait... You mean Eddie Bravo, the BJJ expert, didn’t give good corner advice in a fight that was predominately striking?

Spoiler:
Weird

It's because he needed the takedown and Mr. "Look into it" sounded like an amateur doing so.

I'm sad for Tony. Spent most of his camp preparing for a grappler, cuts weight twice, gets bad corner advice, gets fucked up royally in a loss that snaps his insane winning streak, lastly it will rob him of getting at Khabib.

He might have a chance in the future but it will never be the same for obvious reasons.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: June 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: July 2018, Jan 2019, Feb 2019, Apr 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Apr 2017
Survivor (x2)

Postby 320IDAVE » Mon May 18, 2020 8:27 am

ebickmeyer wrote:
KidDynamite420 wrote:Wait... You mean Eddie Bravo, the BJJ expert, didn’t give good corner advice in a fight that was predominately striking?

Spoiler:
Weird

It's because he needed the takedown and Mr. "Look into it" sounded like an amateur doing so.

I'm sad for Tony. Spent most of his camp preparing for a grappler, cuts weight twice, gets bad corner advice, gets fucked up royally in a loss that snaps his insane winning streak, lastly it will rob him of getting at Khabib.

He might have a chance in the future but it will never be the same for obvious reasons.

At least he isn't smith?
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Legionarivs » Wed May 20, 2020 6:32 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Bravo is a real good jits coach for mma. Especially if you have a certain frame for his techniques.

However

Bravo is not a good cornerman. He is the opposite of John Donhnananhner in terms of in fight cornering.

If I was getting my ass beat very badly and the best advice i get is "maybe its time to try an imanari roll" I would be looking around like are you being serious? that's all?

"Hey Tony, this dude is finishing a lot of his combinations with a left hook, you are losing the striking battles, next time he is gearing up for that combination instead of trying to roll away instead time the hook at the end with a double leg of your own."

- Not Eddie Bravo

Agree man, damn well said. As much as I'd enjoy setting BJJ training from Eddie. The advice wasn't good at all. I do think they likely had a solid plan for Nurmagomedov though.
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to MMA Discussion