Close
Login
Register

Dominic and his tears.

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Dominic and his tears.

Postby willis » Tue May 12, 2020 3:04 pm

I don’t know what is up with this guy. He walks and talks like he’s the be all, know all of MMA but he can’t understand that 10 unanswered punches to the head while you are face down on the mat WILL create the criteria for a stoppage? Add to the fact he was just ROCKED. Get the fuck outta here Dom. Then he tries to say Peterson was drunk? The guy has been out of the game so long he doesn’t even recognize proper officiating. Stay down Dom, stay down.
ImageImage
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Fantasy C-League Champion: May 2016

Re: Dominic and his tears.

Postby PBells » Tue May 12, 2020 3:11 pm

He took the Garbagerat loss so well, this seems out of character for him. Must've really thought he could've taken it.

Best commentator the UFC has, btw.
PBells
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Survivor Champion (x2)

Postby warriorxv » Tue May 12, 2020 3:57 pm

When I saw it live..I thought it was a good stoppage considering what the ref was seeing and what I saw..

Now that I watch gifs replay..I am more sure of it being a good stoppage. He plants his face even for a second, for the second time after already starting to go up.

It’s not like it’s so clear and evident he was riding the way he keeps showing his hands and defending himself.

He got knee to hell, flew back, and took punches followed through. He initially goes to get up and gets hard and face plants for the most split second but even then..imagine being the ref..

It’s the exact second before the ref waves the flag, you see Dominicks head face planting for the last split second. He didn’t defend on punch and was getting smothered.

I wanted Dominick to win because I hate Henry but seeing Henry quit and Dominick lose was just pure Christmas come early.
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: May 2016

Postby warriorxv » Tue May 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Also, the entire fucking fight Dominick didn’t offer much of anything looked offensive. Henry beat the shit out of his legs and absolutely fucking rocked him.

I feel like I’d try and see his side more even if it was semi what competitive but that entire fight I saw Henry winning every where.
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: May 2016

Postby TFlock » Tue May 12, 2020 10:51 pm

The way Dom saw the finish while it happened - “I’m rocked but as long as I keep moving the ref won’t stop it and I can find time to recover”

The way the ref saw the finish while it happened - “holy fuck, he’s rocked. Whoa, he’s moving but he’s still rocked. Whoa, he’s starting to improve his position but he’s still rocked as fuck so I’m stopping it”

Just ate a weed gummy so if this doesn’t make sense take it easy on me :biggrin: :hand:
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:

TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby 320IDAVE » Mon May 18, 2020 7:52 am

TFlock wrote:The way Dom saw the finish while it happened - “I’m rocked but as long as I keep moving the ref won’t stop it and I can find time to recover”

The way the ref saw the finish while it happened - “holy fuck, he’s rocked. Whoa, he’s moving but he’s still rocked. Whoa, he’s starting to improve his position but he’s still rocked as fuck so I’m stopping it”

Just ate a weed gummy so if this doesn’t make sense take it easy on me :biggrin: :hand:

To be fair Dom was literally improving his position and just made it to the cage where he could have gotten up/was getting up.

Not a good stoppage but yes a justified one after so many punches.

I would have given him one more chance, maybe not as many as smith got but at least 1 more..
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby willis » Mon May 18, 2020 9:29 am

320IDAVE wrote:
TFlock wrote:The way Dom saw the finish while it happened - “I’m rocked but as long as I keep moving the ref won’t stop it and I can find time to recover”

To be fair Dom was literally improving his position and just made it to the cage where he could have gotten up/was getting up.

I would have given him one more chance, maybe not as many as smith got but at least 1 more..

How and where is he improving his position at all while he eats punches to the head? Maybe I'm just not seeing it. The only time he actually looks like he is getting up is at the exact moment the ref stops the fight.

EDIT:

I watched the replay over and over because, hey, your words provoked more investigation. When I looked closer at the replay, for a second or two, Cejudo grabs Dom's right arm which allows Henry 4 straight punches because Dom has to reach for the ground with his left hand which then leaves him stunned enough to be punched into a TKO. It really is a brilliant sequence. It's unfortunate for Dominic that he worked so hard to be there but went out in a way he despises most, poor officiating, in his opinion. It's a lot easier to take it all apart now and see that Dom still could have fought, but one or two more lefts could have dropped him again and I believe the ref made a calculated decision based on impending damage, not current damage. But then you have the Texeira/Smith fight which is a stark contrast. It really brings up the issue of consistency amongst the ranks of refs and that they need a larger coalition with a universal set of rules. Ideally speaking of course.
ImageImage
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Fantasy C-League Champion: May 2016

Postby 320IDAVE » Mon May 18, 2020 10:50 am

willis wrote:
320IDAVE wrote:

How and where is he improving his position at all while he eats punches to the head? Maybe I'm just not seeing it. The only time he actually looks like he is getting up is at the exact moment the ref stops the fight.

EDIT:

I watched the replay over and over because, hey, your words provoked more investigation. When I looked closer at the replay, for a second or two, Cejudo grabs Dom's right arm which allows Henry 4 straight punches because Dom has to reach for the ground with his left hand which then leaves him stunned enough to be punched into a TKO. It really is a brilliant sequence. It's unfortunate for Dominic that he worked so hard to be there but went out in a way he despises most, poor officiating, in his opinion. It's a lot easier to take it all apart now and see that Dom still could have fought, but one or two more lefts could have dropped him again and I believe the ref made a calculated decision based on impending damage, not current damage. But then you have the Texeira/Smith fight which is a stark contrast. It really brings up the issue of consistency amongst the ranks of refs and that they need a larger coalition with a universal set of rules. Ideally speaking of course.

As i said, not all that good but deffo justified, those were too many punches to the head however Dom was getting up and was going to use the cage to cover one half of his head and defend the other while getting up.

Maybe that little shithead would have KO'd him right away but we wouldn't hear him complain then would we?

He deserved his chance, his tears can also be justified
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion