Close
Login
Register

Gastelum Suspended for Weed

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Gastelum Suspended for Weed

Postby bruins2012 » Mon May 11, 2020 9:45 pm

Kelvin Gastelum spent the winter suspended by USADA for marijuana

The former interim middleweight title challenger failed an in-competition drug test for the substance, surrounding his November 2nd fight against Darren Till.

It’s been a quiet few months for top-ranked UFC middleweight Kelvin Gastelum. The Ultimate Fighter Season 17 winner and former interim middleweight title contender hasn’t had a fight booking announced since losing a split decision to Darren Till back in November of 2019.

That isn’t because he’s been healing up from injury, however, or even just taking some personal time to sharpen his skills or hang out with his family. Instead, he’s been riding out a 4-month USADA suspension, after failing an in-competition drug test for THC metabolites—a component of marijuana.

“Gastelum, 28, tested positive for 11-nor-9-carboxy-tetrahydrocannabinol (Carboxy-THC) over the Decision Limit of 180 ng/mL,” USADA revealed in a recent statement, “a urinary metabolite of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive constituent of cannabis, marijuana, and/or hashish as the result of a sample collected in-competition at UFC 244 New York, New York on November 3, 2019. Cannabis, marijuana, and hashish are Specified Substances in the class of Cannabinoids and prohibited in-competition under the UFC Prohibited List.

Originally, the UFC’s anti-doping partner handed the Kings MMA fighter a nine-month suspension for the failed test—the second of his career. However, Gastelum’s suspension was reduced to only four months “following the successful completion of a drug treatment program.”

The former welterweight had a win over Vitor Belfort overturned back in 2017, also due to a failed in-competition drug test for marijuana. He’s fought five times in the years since, including losses to Israel Adesanya and Chris Weidman and the aforementioned defeat to Till, as well as victories over Michael Bisping and Jacare Souza. With his four month suspension already behind him, hopefully fans see Kelvin Gastelum return to competition soon.

:P
GSP is a lame
He lost to BJ
He lost to Hendricks
He ducked the rematch
He ducked Silva
He ducked Whittaker
He would lose to Nick in no time limit
He's the fakest champ ever crowned
abcd tells no lies

“Shuck the Cuck” lol

When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Gastelum Suspended for Weed

Postby kezzaman » Mon May 11, 2020 10:29 pm

Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby TFlock » Mon May 11, 2020 10:33 pm

What a fucken joke. Get with the times USADA
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:

TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby bruins2012 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:45 pm

I just wanna thank Dana White, the UFC, & USADA for bravely taking a stand against the shackles of marijuana addiction.

It’s my hope they continue to turn a blind eye to domestic abusers, habitual drug cheats, & breakers of law to crack down on these filthy Marijuana addicts.

GSP is a lame
He lost to BJ
He lost to Hendricks
He ducked the rematch
He ducked Silva
He ducked Whittaker
He would lose to Nick in no time limit
He's the fakest champ ever crowned
abcd tells no lies

“Shuck the Cuck” lol

When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby KingOfPancrase » Mon May 11, 2020 10:50 pm

bruins2012 wrote:I just wanna thank Dana White, the UFC, & USADA for bravely taking a stand against the shackles of marijuana addiction.

It’s my hope they continue to turn a blind eye to domestic abusers, habitual drug cheats, & breakers of law to crack down on these filthy Marijuana addicts.

domestic abuse is mostly women on men it's just men don't report it nearly as much. Plus every now and then someone needs a smack. :lol:

Let's all just agree MMA was way better before USADA. TRT gave us some truly amazing fights.
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby YMCA » Tue May 12, 2020 12:26 am

I don’t smoke and never have/will, but this is completely and utterly preposterous.

Can anyone tell me how much someone would have to smoke to exceed the 180 ng/mL threshold listed?

Given how ridiculously high the TRT limit was (4X what is normally HUMANLY POSSIBLE), this seems to be anachronistic and STUPID.
Black Zeus wrote:
^^he has a long history of crying if things don't go his way. Doubt he can learn to keep his emotions in check at such a late age. What is he 37?
YMCA

Postby TFlock » Tue May 12, 2020 1:21 am

I love marijuana (it’s actually called cannabis)

No hangover and it’s a sexual performance enhancer too haha
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:

TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby warriorxv » Tue May 12, 2020 2:11 am

warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: May 2016

Postby MiniMan » Tue May 12, 2020 3:49 am

So it’s those damn munchies that stop him fighting at a sensible weight.
**MMALinker Members' Own Fight Videos**
http://mmalinker.com/forum/mmalinker-members-own-fight-videos-t118417.html

MIDGET STOMPED
:duvalfan, taipeimma, Mikal, username78, 604warrior, beast775
MiniMan
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby jblaze » Tue May 12, 2020 4:29 am

He is probably fucking with some edibles. I smoked for years and never flunked a drug test. I would imagine he has a high tolerance and does about 40mg of edibles at one time. He probably doesn't smoke because it ruins your cardio.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby philphan » Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 am

MiniMan wrote:So it’s those damn munchies that stop him fighting at a sensible weight.

:lol: :lol: :burger:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters-

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar & Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017, Jan/Feb 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019, Feb 2020

Postby Legionarivs » Tue May 12, 2020 10:57 am

It's a bit double for me to read this, as a person who's from the capital of marihuana (Amsterdam) I laugh at a commission that thinks that they first of all ban someone for using recreational marihuana and secondly giving a reduced sentence if someone participates in an addiction course afterwards.

As long as there aren't any studies that proof or disprove it I think it should be banned the day of the fight for sure even up to 48-72 pre-fight.

But than there is Gastelum, the guy has missed several times weight, which literally cost him tens of thousands of dollars and it has hindered his career and image. On top he got one of his biggest wins overturned due to a positive test for marhuana. And now he again gets suspended, really? How fucking dumb can you be?

It's in the fucking rules, I disagree with the rules but it's in there. Be a professional, you got only a few years to earn your money, why throw it away? It's like Andy Ruiz or whatever that castrado is called that fought Antony twice who showed up fat and bigger then ever in his title defense. Having only partied the months up to his defense, showing up to get his paycheck and screaming he wants a rematch after delivering an embarrassing performance. I get it, lower social class, never had that amount of money before, social pressure. But still act like you got some brains.

When I was training 5 times a week I didnt drink nor was on drugs, I wasn't getting paid for it. No one was depending on me, no sponsors and no contract, why can't these fuckers have the decency to not act retarded?
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby warriorxv » Tue May 12, 2020 11:16 am

jblaze wrote:He is probably fucking with some edibles. I smoked for years and never flunked a drug test. I would imagine he has a high tolerance and does about 40mg of edibles at one time. He probably doesn't smoke because it ruins your cardio.

40mg? Most chocolate bars and Candies sold in Vancouver are a average of 200-300mg. Some go up to 1000mg.

I highly doubt it’s because he ate edibles around 40mg.
:lol:
warriorxv
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: May 2016

Postby KARHU-III » Tue May 12, 2020 12:56 pm

This fucking shit again...................... Politicians working with UFC need to put down their foot and work to make a change regarding this...... The sport and athletes are suffering from this unnecessary bullshit...
Image Image
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby PBells » Tue May 12, 2020 1:14 pm

Kelvin is so addicted he can't even stop for a week or so before fight night to pass the test
PBells
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Survivor Champion (x2)

Next

Return to MMA Discussion