Close
Login
Register

UFC getting crazy

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

UFC getting crazy

Postby philphan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Leon Edwards reveals absurd request from UFC to save Tyron Woodley bout
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/leo ... dley-bout/

UFC welterweight Leon Edwards has revealed the lengths that the promotion wanted him to go to in order to fight Tyron Woodley this past weekend.

Due to the chaos surrounding the sports world courtesy of the coronavirus outbreak, the UFC London card, scheduled for this past Saturday night, was called off with the UFC hoping to reschedule the event over in the United States.

That would’ve required an incredible effort from everyone involved, and that includes one half of the main event – Leon Edwards himself.

During a recent interview with BT Sport’s Adam Catterall, Edwards had the following to say on the matter.

“I went to bed on Saturday night, and I got a phone call waking me up about 9am on Sunday from my management team saying the fight’s off in London, and you need to get to America today,” Edwards said. “I was like, ‘hold on, what? How long [have I got]?’. They said you’ve got three hours to get to Heathrow and fly from Heathrow with your team. I was like ‘that’s impossible’.

“I was like ‘where am I flying to’ and they said ‘we don’t know yet’, just get on a plane to America’ and we’ll sort that once we get there. So yeah that was it really. They didn’t care about me getting back [with the travel ban] they just cared about me getting there.”

Despite the unlikelihood of it all happening, Leon Edwards did try to negotiate with the UFC.

“We phoned the UFC again and said can we leave Monday or Tuesday, giving us a little bit more time to try and sort stuff out, but they said no, you’ve got to leave today [Sunday] if you wanna do it.”

The UFC canceled UFC Portland and UFC Columbus in addition to UFC London, with many questioning whether or not UFC 249 will go ahead as planned.

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Sean O'Malley, Gilbert Burns, Marvin Vettori, Nikita Krylov, Marc Diakiese

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar & Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017, Jan/Feb 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019, Feb 2020

Re: UFC getting crazy

Postby KingOfPancrase » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:16 pm

Just cancel it all until this is handled. If I can live without lifting weights at the gym, I can live without MMA. I do miss getting shitfaced in chat with you guys though
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby TFlock » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:37 pm

Not surprised that Dana is the last one to give any fucks about spreading this virus.
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:

TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby KingOfPancrase » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:38 pm

TFlock wrote:Not surprised that Dana is the last one to give any fucks about spreading this virus.

Keep the grocery stores and liquor stores open and we'll all be ok.
KingOfPancrase

Postby TFlock » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:18 pm

KingOfPancrase wrote:
TFlock wrote:Not surprised that Dana is the last one to give any fucks about spreading this virus.

And the cannabis stores here in Vancouver :hand2:
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:

TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby KingOfPancrase » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:28 pm

TFlock wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:

And the cannabis stores here in Vancouver :hand2:

Hey whatever gets you through.
KingOfPancrase

Postby yoseph » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:32 pm

Keep stores open for sick people to come and go as they please but close doors the leader of MMA with top notch medical staff and days of having that medical staff watch over them :lol: you guys are crazy. This virus will not die unless people 100% quarantine for like a month so the virus does out. There are cases of people getting it more than once so this scare of shutting everything down is fucking bullshit.

I've said in other threads but my work is not shutting down because it's a necessity for public operation, but that also means that if we get sick we will continue the spread. Not only that but everyone is encouraged to go outside and go on hikes and do shit. There are literally more people outside doing shit than there were before this outbreak. They are still touching stuff and its guaranteed they weren't all tested because they are only testing people who can pull strings or are so sick they are have to be hospitalized.

The only thing unreasonable about the ufc and this article is the timeframe and trying to change events to another country on 1 week notice. Having an event with less than 50 people in a room, that are spread out no less. Is not scary. There are more than 50 people in costco at the same time, and I doubt the warehouse is any bigger than a fucking arena. The water aisle and shit ticket aisle of every store staying open is probably glowing with Corona right now.

GIVE ME MMA!!
yoseph
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec. 2015, May 2019, Aug. 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan. 2017, Mar. 2017
Survivor (x2)

Postby Oldtoby420 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 pm

I still can figure out all the by the seat of their pants shit fighters do in MMA liek this is how you make a living doing what you do yet you & or team aren't on top of it all covering all your bases ahead of time leaving so much down to last minute or just not thinking ahead of time period then act shocked when shit falls through.

I'd figure they'd be smart & communicate these things with UFC in advance soon as they knew issues had or were gonna come up.

You can't go putting 100% of the blame on UFC when you as a fighter didn't do your due diligence at all either.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby kezzaman » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:24 am

KingOfPancrase wrote:Just cancel it all until this is handled. If I can live without lifting weights at the gym, I can live without MMA. I do miss getting shitfaced in chat with you guys though

We need some top quality MMA more than ever
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:04 am

Reading your experiences is weird.

In Spain we are on lockdown, no social walks allowed, more than a meter between people at all times etc etc...

However my job is open and I have to go to work, to a fucking fashion based call center, wtf!!!!???
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion