Close
Login
Register

***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby bruins2012 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:10 am

Just got promoted today. Been a long slow journey to this point. Came to Taiwan 5-6 years ago with only some MMA experience and started as the white belt. Never thought I’d actually make it to this point. :tup:

Celebrating with a lot of beers. :beer:


Image



Image


:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby philphan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:02 am

:tup: :tup: :shield:
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Sean O'Malley, Gilbert Burns, Marvin Vettori, Nikita Krylov, Marc Diakiese

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 24926
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar & Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017, Jan/Feb 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019, Feb 2020

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby willis » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:34 am

Do they do the gauntlet out in Taiwan? How's your back? Come back to Canada. I am a 3 stripe WHITE belt and I want to smush you with top pressure until you give me that arm and I'm not giving it back. I kid, I kid.

Not many people go anywhere after their blue belt. Purple is a true sign of the commitment needed to advance in BJJ. Congrats Bruins and I wish you the best towards your next step. Seriously, next time you come back to Ontario, come on over to Waterloo and I'll get you some free classes at our gym.

Image
ImageImage
User avatar
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Oh Canada
Accolades: Fantasy C-League Champion: May 2016

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby SpeakEasy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:15 am

WHOO DONNY FUCKING WILLIAMS KNOCKS IT OUTTA THE PARK
CONGRATULATIONS BRUINS YOU ANNOYING CLICKBAIT THREAD LADYBOY FUCKING PURPLE BELT

That's awesome news man, excited for your progress.
I'm still waiting for that bump to blue but the journey is so fun I'm just happy to doing Jitsu.
Likewise what Willis said if you're ever passing through Saskatchewan.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
Image
obviously for a reason."
User avatar
SpeakEasy
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 am
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Oct 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2017

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby bruins2012 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:51 am

Thanks boys! Will definitely stop by if I’m ever in the area. Didn’t think I was ever going to get there a few times on the past few years. Being much more consistent with MMA has helped a lot with the bjj part and being at class much more consistently. Just keep doing it and keep getting better and improving the weak areas. :tup:


:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby MiniMan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:17 pm

I suspect a lot of Linkers will have no idea quite how good that is - we’re so used to seeing ‘BJJ Black Belts’ that look average in the professional MMA world.

When I was training, I was absolutely blown away by the disparity in comparison with Judoka. I’m a Brown-belt and very good on the ground compared to most Black-belts, but Blue-belt BJJ guys gave me fucking nightmares

Very well done..
**MMALinker Members' Own Fight Videos**
http://mmalinker.com/forum/mmalinker-members-own-fight-videos-t118417.html

Image
MIDGET STOMPED
:duvalfan, taipeimma, Mikal, username78, 604warrior, beast775
User avatar
MiniMan
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:45 pm
Location: Lilliput
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby bruins2012 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:35 pm

willis wrote:Do they do the gauntlet out in Taiwan? How's your back? Come back to Canada. I am a 3 stripe WHITE belt and I want to smush you with top pressure until you give me that arm and I'm not giving it back. I kid, I kid.

Not many people go anywhere after their blue belt. Purple is a true sign of the commitment needed to advance in BJJ. Congrats Bruins and I wish you the best towards your next step. Seriously, next time you come back to Ontario, come on over to Waterloo and I'll get you some free classes at our gym.

Image



Yup, gauntlet at the end. Got bruises up and down my back. God damn, it hurt. :tup:
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby bruins2012 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:37 pm

MiniMan wrote:I suspect a lot of Linkers will have no idea quite how good that is - we’re so used to seeing ‘BJJ Black Belts’ that look average in the professional MMA world.

When I was training, I was absolutely blown away by the disparity in comparison with Judoka. I’m a Brown-belt and very good on the ground compared to most Black-belts, but Blue-belt BJJ guys gave me fucking nightmares

Very well done..



Image
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby KingOfPancrase » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:00 am

Congrats.
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9464
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby thezo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:56 am

Nice work.

Spoiler:
thezo
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby atlprettytony » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:46 am

Congrats. Been training for 4 years myself. Currently a blue belt myself and hope to get my purp soon. :hand2:
atlprettytony
White Belt
White Belt
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:14 am

KingOfPancrase wrote:Congrats.



THanks man. :tup:
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:15 am

thezo wrote:Nice work.

Spoiler:



Thanks. :tup:
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:17 am

atlprettytony wrote:Congrats. Been training for 4 years myself. Currently a blue belt myself and hope to get my purp soon. :hand2:



Thanks. Keep it up, took me about 5 years. :tup:
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: ***Pillar Bruins2012 is a Purple Belt***

Postby KingOfPancrase » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:38 pm

bruins2012 wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:Congrats.



THanks man. :tup:

Image
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9464
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker


Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users