Close
Login
Register

Wilder didn't know but everyone knows

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Wilder didn't know but everyone knows

Postby SpeakEasy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:59 am

"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Oct 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2017

Re: Wilder didn't know but everyone knows

Postby yoseph » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:23 am

Heavyweight champ of the world known as the strongest knockout puncher of all time, said to be stronger than mike fucking tyson, says carrying a 40 lb suit for 5 minutes is more draining than carrying 270 man leaning into him while beating the shit out of him for 20 minutes.

Accurate meme.
yoseph
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec. 2015, May 2019, Aug. 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan. 2017, Mar. 2017
Survivor (x2)

Postby SpeakEasy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:33 am

yoseph wrote:Heavyweight champ of the world known as the strongest knockout puncher of all time, said to be stronger than mike fucking tyson, says carrying a 40 lb suit for 5 minutes is more draining than carrying 270 man leaning into him while beating the shit out of him for 20 minutes.

Accurate meme.

I know McGregor fanboys are rough but there's a BombSquaf kid going around just yelling about how "doing a gator walk while carrying that much weight takes years of training so it's a fair excuse".
He's bounced around each boxing forum I follow just espousing this nonsense.

According to Iole he pulled the trigger on the rematch clause which was the stupidest move he could make.
And fired the only guy who gave a shit about Wilder's well being and not some dumbass notion of legacy, someone tell Wilder legacies don't raise kids, people die doing this shit.
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby TFlock » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:42 am

egos this big don't go down easily. denial is a powerful thing.
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:

TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby SpeakEasy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:28 pm

TFlock wrote:egos this big don't go down easily. denial is a powerful thing.

We need to put together a Wisdom of Linker thread and just fill it with this kind of stuff.
And most of what Haw post.

It's very true, I understand the mentality it takes to be a champion but I think that mentality is also why Wilder lost.
Fury had the mindset and lost it, when you truly want to kill yourself you never feel invincible again.
Wilder cannot carry on this way, he needs to take at least a year and at least 2 if not 3 more fights.
Or he might just need to retire, it's better to go out on that trouncing than two like that.
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby jblaze » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:47 pm

He basically underestimated Fury. Also anytime you get hit near the ear it messes up your balance. Even if the shot to the ear didn't happen everyone knows Fury is the better boxer and obviously Wilder hits harder. Wouldn't be surprised if either one of them won if they fight again.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby reasontat2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:02 am

It's getting bad. He's getting trolled so bad now. Fury did say he was gonna turn Wilder into a black history month meme...and it's literally happening. I saw a comment on IG, where the costume was brought up, and the comment said; "damn, Fury must've punched the logic outta Wilder's ear". :lol:

I don't think the behind the ear punch had anything to do with it. Wilder legit knew he wasn't going to win. He looked shook from the press conference to the night of the fight. I honestly don't think Wilder can adjust his style to beat Fury AT ALL. Funny thing is he's trying to copy AJ by going for the immediate rematch and he's NOT that kind of fighter. Mark Breland? The former boxer/Olympian now trainer he is now trying to fire, did an interview, where he said he's tried to teach Wilder boxing stuff, but, Wilder goes into the ring and does what he wants. Wilder loses in the trilogy and hopefully worse, so we never have to hear his name again.

Click the link, you won't be sorry...

https://youtu.be/FBqJyU4sInQ
reasontat2
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby SpeakEasy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:08 am

Lot to dissect in that one.
Wilder being afraid is hilarious, it was the complete opposite up till he got hit with that jab, imo.
To me it looked like the latter part of your post, Brealand told Wilder to double up the jab, move forward and not hold the right hand but then Wilder got in there and was I already dropped this fool doing things my way.
Than he throws a right, furys defense to the right was slipping and turning his head so Wilder would THINK it was landing enough to do damage.
That way he'd get more dejected every time he thought he landed.
Then fury hit him with that jab in round1 and you saw his will wither.
I agree with most of the rest but had been growing to be a fan of Wilder outside of the ring before all this garbage.
I mean the man beat up Charlie z, Wilder deserves an honorary pillar linker status for that alone.
But yes at this point, he's on the back end of 30 and really hasn't shown the level of progression we should have seen from him.
I was hyped on the man and thought he'd provide for a fun king of the hill at HW between him aj and Fury but I don't think AJ would fighf him scared and at this point Ruiz and Wilder would just be a coin flip of who lands first.
So yeah the Bronze Bomber died that night but let's see what happens to Deontay Wilder.
Retirement is so much better to choose than the rematch, there is 0 ways Wilder can adjust to fury especially in that time frame.
He will be counting on a big right and while he probably throws it more in a 3rd fight I doubt he catches fury and fury probably gets a finish earlier.
Fury's entire gameplan was built off not just negating the right but using all that weight against Wilder, using all all the drops back and the tension Wilder builds to release the right against Wilder so unless Wilder comes in able to box he's never winning.
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby abcd » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:17 pm

Tyson is huuuge
It looked liked Johnson against Cruz
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Fantasy Draft C-League Champion: May 2018 (Final)

Postby reasontat2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 am

I was never a Wilder fan. Me and my brother watch a lot of boxing together especially when the pbc came along, and we saw Wilder's rise. He has never really been this great boxer, that ppl make him out to be. He fights like a person you see on world star. Swingin wild and shit, no technique....and he fought A LOT of bums. I think career was heavily padded, and didn't prepare him for great fights with good opponents. You have to take that step up in competition to prepare you for top tier opponents.

reasontat2
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 am

reasontat2 wrote:I was never a Wilder fan. Me and my brother watch a lot of boxing together especially when the pbc came along, and we saw Wilder's rise. He has never really been this great boxer, that ppl make him out to be. He fights like a person you see on world star. Swingin wild and shit, no technique....and he fought A LOT of bums. I think career was heavily padded, and didn't prepare him for great fights with good opponents. You have to take that step up in competition to prepare you for top tier opponents.

Ortiz was beating him every round til the KO.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby philphan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:17 am

Wilder will never be the same after this beat down.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Sean O'Malley, Gilbert Burns, Marvin Vettori, Nikita Krylov, Marc Diakiese

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar & Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017, Jan/Feb 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x2)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019, Feb 2020

Postby reasontat2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:26 am

bruins2012 wrote:
reasontat2 wrote:I was never a Wilder fan. Me and my brother watch a lot of boxing together especially when the pbc came along, and we saw Wilder's rise. He has never really been this great boxer, that ppl make him out to be. He fights like a person you see on world star. Swingin wild and shit, no technique....and he fought A LOT of bums. I think career was heavily padded, and didn't prepare him for great fights with good opponents. You have to take that step up in competition to prepare you for top tier opponents.

Ortiz was beating him every round til the KO.

In the video, every one of those "KO's" looks suspect with the exception of a few. Hence why they kept showing replays imo. Some of those punches are clubbing. Some of those are behind the ear. Some of those stoppages are suuuper early and the fighter was still standing or got right back up. Some of the fighters look as if they're waiting to get hit by THE MOST TELEGRAPHED right hand in history. I have seen majority of these fights and I never could buy into the hype of Wilder, he just isn't as great as ppl think.
reasontat2
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby reasontat2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:28 am

:lol:
philphan wrote:Wilder will never be the same after this beat down.

He's taking the trilogy apparently, and I think if he does, he's going to get hurt, real bad.
reasontat2
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby yoseph » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:48 am

reasontat2 wrote::lol:
philphan wrote:Wilder will never be the same after this beat down.

He's taking the trilogy apparently, and I think if he does, he's going to get hurt, real bad.

I read online somewhere (so it is guaranteed to be true) that they were guaranteed around 25 mil each not counting ppv sales, which I'm sure is a shitload considering how much hype and being $79.99 each. Why not get your ass beat and sail off on a boat full of cash. He always has that chance of a landing a bomb KO, but I think fury takes the trematch
yoseph
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec. 2015, May 2019, Aug. 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan. 2017, Mar. 2017
Survivor (x2)

Next

Return to MMA Discussion