Close
Login
Register

MMA Journeymen's Best Wins

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: MMA Journeymen's Best Wins

Postby jblaze » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:49 am

SpeakEasy wrote:
Barnett could be considered it. Normally I do not consider a world champ to be a journeymen

I concur in MMA especially it's hard to relegate a journeyman status to a champion but in boxing with the lack of meaning behind so many belts made for some journeyman to win a title.
The definition of journeyman is a worker or athlete who is reliable but not outstanding so I guess Barnett could easily be considered outstanding with his record.
I rescind my nomination and instead Ben Rothwell in his place since Rothwell has the win over him

Ben Rothwell
Josh Barnett, Alistair Overeem, Roy Nelson, Ricco Rodriguez

Marquadt had a belt in Strikeforce so maybe you are playing favorites.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby SpeakEasy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:04 pm

jblaze wrote:
SpeakEasy wrote:
Barnett could be considered it. Normally I do not consider a world champ to be a journeymen

I concur in MMA especially it's hard to relegate a journeyman status to a champion but in boxing with the lack of meaning behind so many belts made for some journeyman to win a title.
The definition of journeyman is a worker or athlete who is reliable but not outstanding so I guess Barnett could easily be considered outstanding with his record.
I rescind my nomination and instead Ben Rothwell in his place since Rothwell has the win over him

Ben Rothwell

Yes, my constant support and admiration is well documented for Barnett, I knew my bias wouldn't go unnoticed, thank you for keeping me honest. :cry:

But for discussion sake, what makes you say that?
I don't protest to be the final say on this nor the expert.
I legitimately said I'm unsure how to classify a journeyman in MMA, titles hold more value in MMA in boxing to me since there's 42 for each division so i can easily list boxing journeyman who got a belt.
Strikeforce is great and yes I could take that one back or I could put Barnett back in, Barnett's UFC title as mentioned by meow may make me biased as I potentially value that more.
It really depends what we classify a journeyman as and at this point I've put forth a definition I like Marquardt,his finishes of Woodley and Maia are outstanding but was he or was he reliable? I lean towards the latter more than the former hesitantly so but I guess it's a bit bias cause it's my opinion.
Thinking about it the same way I did with Barnett I'm quite on the fence about Marquardt but I lean more towards me being right but his finish of Woodley is magic.

But I'm really sorry I hurt you, I really didn't mean for your day to start off so bad, please tell me the appropriate ban length for this indiscretion :heart:
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Oct 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2017

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:49 pm

SpeakEasy wrote:
jblaze wrote:
SpeakEasy wrote:

Ben Rothwell

Yes, my constant support and admiration is well documented for Barnett, I knew my bias wouldn't go unnoticed, thank you for keeping me honest. :cry:

But for discussion sake, what makes you say that?
I don't protest to be the final say on this nor the expert.
I legitimately said I'm unsure how to classify a journeyman in MMA, titles hold more value in MMA in boxing to me since there's 42 for each division so i can easily list boxing journeyman who got a belt.
Strikeforce is great and yes I could take that one back or I could put Barnett back in, Barnett's UFC title as mentioned by meow may make me biased as I potentially value that more.
It really depends what we classify a journeyman as and at this point I've put forth a definition I like Marquardt,his finishes of Woodley and Maia are outstanding but was he or was he reliable? I lean towards the latter more than the former hesitantly so but I guess it's a bit bias cause it's my opinion.
Thinking about it the same way I did with Barnett I'm quite on the fence about Marquardt but I lean more towards me being right but his finish of Woodley is magic.

But I'm really sorry I hurt you, I really didn't mean for your day to start off so bad, please tell me the appropriate ban length for this indiscretion :heart:

Good good!

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight

Fuck each other up! We want blood. BLOOOOOOD!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 6 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Postby 320IDAVE » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:57 am

Manhoeff.

Best MMA wins should be Hunt, Cyborg aaaaand....Akiyama? ah no he lost VS Akiyama. :D
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 am

320IDAVE wrote:Manhoeff.

Best MMA wins should be Hunt, Cyborg aaaaand....Akiyama? ah no he lost VS Akiyama. :D

Hunto. Cyborg. Kazuo Misaki. Ian Freeman. Denis Kang. Kato. Doug Marshal

He made Crosley Gracie cry, poop himself, then tap out in the corner from ground and pound.

I apawwwwwlogize for this angering you. I really do
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 6 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020
Survivor (x3)

Postby 320IDAVE » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:47 am

Mr Meow wrote:

He made Crosley Gracie cry, poop himself, then tap out in the corner from ground and pound.

I actually like Melvin and despise most of who he beat, especially if they are a gracie.

Other than Hunt I was happy to see him beat the rest.

My Korean surrounding said I look like Denis's brother....
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:58 am

320IDAVE wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

I actually like Melvin and despise most of who he beat, especially if they are a gracie.

Other than Hunt I was happy to see him beat the rest.

My Korean surrounding said I look like Denis's brother....

You will enjoy this. The finish starts around 10:29 or so

Rumors are you can hear Crosley squeal for his life several times

Mr Meow

Survivor (x3)

Postby yoseph » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:53 am

That dude must have brain damage after all those shots to the back of the head from a prime manhoef
yoseph
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec. 2015, May 2019, Aug. 2019, July 2020
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan. 2017, Mar. 2017
Survivor (x3)

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:57 pm

Valentijn Overeem: Randy Couture, Renato Sobral
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Previous