Close
Login
Register

Mas vs Conor

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Mas vs Conor

Postby philphan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:02 pm

Conor McGregor challenged by Jorge Masvidal - put your money where your mouth is!
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/conor-mcgr ... 18421.html

Conor McGregor has been challenged to put his "money where his mouth is" by Jorge Masvidal, who is keen to mix it with the big-talking Irishman.

Former two-weight UFC champion McGregor is reported to be making a comeback to the Octagon in January and his manager last month said he hopes to conclude a deal for a bout with Donald Cerrone.

However, an ESPN tweet posted on Friday displayed a graphic showing potential opponents for McGregor and Masvidal in 2020, which prompted a reply from the former saying: "I'll go at anyone on that list".

Masvidal could not pass up the opportunity to have a say of his own, writing to McGregor: "Put your money where your mouth is I'm the only 1."

The 35-year-old Masvidal has seen his stock rise during a fine 2019 that started with a second-round knockout of Darren Till prior to a stunning five-second triumph over Ben Askren.

Earlier this month, Masvidal earned a controversial stoppage over Nate Diaz.

McGregor last fought in UFC 13 months ago, in a now infamous lightweight defeat to Khabib Nurmagomedov.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Re: Mas vs Conor

Postby AK47 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Jesus Christ....I don't come here anymore because I'm gettin too old for that shit.

Like it or not, Mcgregor took the sport to another level. UFC did not have to pay shit to fighter before the Mcgregor era.
GSP, Silva, Jones...etc....they were making what?....400K a fight? Ok plus PPV and sponsors but what UFC paid was less.

Mcgregor came, did not ask for a big name, did not ask fo money fight, didnt ask for shit.
Took all those "unknown" fighters, finished them, took the sport to the next level with his fists and his mouth.

145lbs, then 155lbs....then took a fight at 170lbs on short notice, against a fuking DIAZ brother.
Who cares if he lost...the balls on that guy.

I really like Masvidal, but fuck off. Calling a smaller fighter to get money. Such a pussy move.

I say the belt fight, MASVIDAL vs ADESANYA or any 185lbs.
AK47
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:21 am

AK47 wrote:Jesus Christ....I don't come here anymore because I'm gettin too old for that shit.

Like it or not, Mcgregor took the sport to another level. UFC did not have to pay shit to fighter before the Mcgregor era.
GSP, Silva, Jones...etc....they were making what?....400K a fight? Ok plus PPV and sponsors but what UFC paid was less.

Mcgregor came, did not ask for a big name, did not ask fo money fight, didnt ask for shit.
Took all those "unknown" fighters, finished them, took the sport to the next level with his fists and his mouth.

145lbs, then 155lbs....then took a fight at 170lbs on short notice, against a fuking DIAZ brother.

I really like Masvidal, but fuck off. Calling a smaller fighter to get money. Such a pussy move.

How is it pussy of Masvidal to call out Conor when Conor was clamoring over fighting the winner of this fight? Now all of a sudden, Conor doesn't want to fight. Conor bitched out, plain and simple. Try and keep up, old timer.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby bruins2012 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:31 am

I just want to see Conor fight one of the top guys.....Cowboy is not a top guy at this stage of his career and truthfully he never was a top guy.

Conor can pick and choose his fights, but man this would be one hell of a fight. It’s not going to happen but let’s just hope in 2020 all the toughest guys start fighting each other.

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby ThaBlackGuy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:52 am

AK47 wrote:Jesus Christ....I don't come here anymore because I'm gettin too old for that shit.

The irony.... Connor rose to fame by fighting "midgets" at 145. And he hasn't looked near as dominant since he left that division.
And didn't Connor call out Frankie Edgar lil ass before the cowboy fight.
shout out to monkeystyle5000 for making this gif

women need to know their place in the octagon...and thats holding up a number and wearing a thong

--Daniel Tosh
ThaBlackGuy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby kezzaman » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:39 pm

As soon as you call Connor out you become his bitch. Mas was doing a great job of not calling him out but i guess he buckled.
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:44 pm

kezzaman wrote:As soon as you call Connor out you become his bitch. Mas was doing a great job of not calling him out but i guess he buckled.

Yeah everytime a fighter has a chance to make a name for himself and move the sport in a new direction they get lazy and call out Conor. Nate was the only one trying to move the sport foward by calling out Mas, everyone can't be Conor. Mas would have more success just fighting Nick or calling out another BMF like Artem.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:16 pm

If he down for that fight. Is rather see gate G 's conor but I'd be super happy with Masvidal. Both have fought at 155 I don't think Masvidal is too big for him. Might be too good but not too big.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby AK47 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:30 pm

blackmetalcarson wrote:

How is it pussy of Masvidal to call out Conor when Conor was clamoring over fighting the winner of this fight? Now all of a sudden, Conor doesn't want to fight. Conor bitched out, plain and simple. Try and keep up, old timer.

Try to keep up?

True...Mcgregor bitched out. You are right. Pussy move.
True...Mcgregor did call an old Edgar. Pussy move again.
All of this make him look bad.

I don't care about what Mcgregor is saying anymore, he's doing his best to stay relevant.

...and I totally disagree... Mcgregor is too small for Welterweight. He was fat agaisnt Diaz (almost).
I don't care how big his arms and hsoulder get...you can see his chest, the thickness, Conor is a small man.

Masvidal is too big.

What I want, is Masvidal to not do the same move that Mcgregor is doing right now...but the move Mcgregor did in the past to get all his fame.
To clean a division, become a champ, than move up.

I am a fan but I won't put my head in the sand. It it what it is. Masvidal is the BMF, but just like Mcgregor, he can loose is credibility.

So come on...Masvidal destroyed a old Askren. Wow Than destroyed "flat foot" Nate. and suddendly you all forget all the lost he has.
Masvidal should working on his legacy by fighting Usman...or 185lbs. Those two last fight are not enough.
AK47
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby philphan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:57 pm

ThaBlackGuy wrote:

The irony.... Connor rose to fame by fighting "midgets" at 145. And he hasn't looked near as dominant since he left that division.

Don't say any of that about Max or people will get all pissed. Ooops, I mean Conor. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby abcd » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:07 pm

philphan wrote:
ThaBlackGuy wrote:

Don't say any of that about Max or people will get all pissed. Ooops, I mean Conor. :mrgreen:

To be fair what he did to Alvarez is nothing short of spectacular
Personally I thank that performance above the Aldo and mini Mendes fights. That was some next level shit
But yeah he's definitely scared of Masvidal
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Fantasy Draft C-League Champion: May 2018 (Final)

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:04 pm

AK47 wrote:
blackmetalcarson wrote:

Try to keep up?

True...Mcgregor bitched out. You are right. Pussy move.
True...Mcgregor did call an old Edgar. Pussy move again.
All of this make him look bad.

I don't care about what Mcgregor is saying anymore, he's doing his best to stay relevant.

...and I totally disagree... Mcgregor is too small for Welterweight. He was fat agaisnt Diaz (almost).
I don't care how big his arms and hsoulder get...you can see his chest, the thickness, Conor is a small man.

Masvidal is too big.

What I want, is Masvidal to not do the same move that Mcgregor is doing right now...but the move Mcgregor did in the past to get all his fame.
To clean a division, become a champ, than move up.

I am a fan but I won't put my head in the sand. It it what it is. Masvidal is the BMF, but just like Mcgregor, he can loose is credibility.

So come on...Masvidal destroyed a old Askren. Wow Than destroyed "flat foot" Nate. and suddendly you all forget all the lost he has.
Masvidal should working on his legacy by fighting Usman...or 185lbs. Those two last fight are not enough.

And have you forgotten that a lot of his losses are close decisions with people who were near the belt or were the champion at one time or another? As far as old Askren? They're literally the exact same age, and Ben Askren has arguably taken less damage than Masvidal in his MMA career. Also, however Nate fights, it certainly doesn't diminish his win over him, as Nate himself has some pretty respectable wins on his record.
blackmetalcarson

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:09 pm

philphan wrote:
ThaBlackGuy wrote:

Why? Max has proven by going up that he's not as successful, but he also fought a recent number one contender in Dustin Poirier and let's not pretend like Poirier is trash. The way I see it is, as long as you can make the weight do whatever you want. Of course, it's more the fact that Conor comes off as a cocky asshole who only cares about money and people wanted him to move up simply to get his ass kicked. You don't really get that with fighters like Holloway, who while pulls some shit during his fights (although I feel it's more or less to throw his opponent off) he stays rather respectful. It's also the same reason why the only people who ever wanted Gustaffson to move up was because they liked Jon Jones and saw some sort of "hypocrisy." Typically when people want fighters to move up, it's because they hate them. But let's talk about the REAL elephant in the room at 145 and that's Zabit Magomedsharipov. He's actually two inches taller than Max (albeit without the extra body fat) and I'm guessing the reason you didn't bring him up is because a.) He's not a champion and b.) He shows signs of wilting in the third c.) Hasn't beaten up your favorite fighter.
blackmetalcarson

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:47 pm

If Masvidal can't fight Nick he needs to call out Tony or Gaethje if he really wants to test his Bad Mother Fuckingness or he can't catch Penn's hands outside da club.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby philphan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:03 pm

I would like to see mas fight the winner of Usman and Colby. I guess a fight with Conor could make sense, considering they are the last two guys to beat nate.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Next

Return to MMA Discussion