Close
Login
Register

Weili Joanna

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Weili Joanna

Postby philphan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Dana White hints at Weili Zhang vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk coming soon
https://sports.yahoo.com/dana-white-hin ... 07982.html

UFC strawweight champion Weili Zhang may have an opponent for her first title defense when she returns to action in 2020.

This past week, former 115-pound champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk did an interview where she was quoted as saying “anywhere, anytime” she could get her hands on Weili and “beat the s**t out of her.”

It didn’t take long for word to reach Weili, who quickly fired back at Jedrzejczyk, as she not only accepted the challenge, but quickly tagged UFC president Dana White in an effort to put the fight together in the very near future.

“She seems very angry,” Weili wrote on Instagram. “Don’t worry, she will calm down. I am ready now. Call my manager [Brian Butler of Suckerpunch Entertainment] or call Dana White. I’m ready.”

Following her knockout win over Jessica Andrade to become champion and Jedrzejczyk’s victory against Michelle Waterson in October, the 30-year-old fighter from China didn’t show much interest in the fight.

"I don't think she’s the fighter that she used to be," Weili said when speaking to TMZ. "She's not in the condition she used to be. I'm not very interested."

It’s not evident what changed her mind, but the UFC strawweight champion definitely appears to be interested now — and so does White.

TRENDING > Video: Check out the rolling thunder kick that laid Ross Pearson out cold
Dana White likes the idea of Weili Zhang vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Following the exchange over Instagram between the fighters, the UFC president chimed in while all but confirming that the organization hopes to book that match-up sometime next year.

“This is going to be a VERY fun fight,” White wrote.

With Zhang already holding a knockout win over Andrade, former champion Rose Namajunas coming off of a loss, and “Ultimate Fighter” winner Tatiana Suarez still dealing with a neck injury, Jedrzejczyk is the most logical choice for the next title shot.

The UFC has not made any announcements regarding the fight, but it sure looks like the promotion is moving in that direction in the near future.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Re: Weili Joanna

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:19 am

This should be a hell of a fight. Baldy better get it done.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby willmma » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:16 am

Did Joanna piss Dana off or something?
willmma
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep 2019, Nov 2019

Postby kezzaman » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:38 am

hawdrigoh wrote:This should be a hell of a fight. Baldy better get it done.

Prime Joanna yes.
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:52 am

That weight cut might come back and fuck Joanna over here.

She has been cutting more and more weight. Its getting nuts. I get she has no confidence she can beat Valentina at 125, she is 0-1 in mma and 0-3 in Muay Thai against her, but this level of weight cutting is just ridiculous and one of the reasons the UFC is become less interesting.

I see Zhang hopefully landing some big strikes and putting Joanna to bed. Joannas footwork and distance are absolutely top notch still and she is quite quick, to me this means either a Joanna UD if Zhang never catches her or a finish by Zhang. No inbetween
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:01 pm

kezzaman wrote:

Prime Joanna yes.

I don't know, Joanna has the experience, durability, and style to make this pretty interesting. Weili will probably be a small favorite but I don't really see her strolling in and steamrolling Joanna. If Weili does win easily though it would be pretty damn impressive.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:22 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:
kezzaman wrote:

Prime Joanna yes.

I don't know, Joanna has the experience, durability, and style to make this pretty interesting. Weili will probably be a small favorite but I don't really see her strolling in and steamrolling Joanna. If Weili does win easily though it would be pretty damn impressive.

WeiliGoat cuts Joanna off and backs her up against the cage and finishes her like Rose did.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory

Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:54 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:
kezzaman wrote:

Prime Joanna yes.

WeiliGoat cuts Joanna off and backs her up against the cage and finishes her like Rose did.

Rose's speed, footwork and length are too much for Joanna. In the first fight it was mainly Rose was able to set up left hooks that made Joanna look silly. Joanna did a good job correcting for it in the second fight. Weili will be different, if she gets inside on Joanna she will likely murder her but if Joanna fights a smart tactical fight on the outside I wouldn't be surprised if she wins a UD. You guys might be right though and Weili KO's her easily. Only one way to find out.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby philphan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 pm

Weili Zhang might just be to much for all of them. :rip:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Postby jblaze » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 am

Joanna's pre fight antics are always fun.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:50 am

hawdrigoh wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
hawdrige="kezzaman wrote:

Prime Joanna yes.

Rose's speed, footwork and length are too much for Joanna. In the first fight it was mainly Rose was able to set up left hooks that made Joanna look silly. Joanna did a good job correcting for it in the second fight. Weili will be different, if she gets inside on Joanna she will likely murder her but if Joanna fights a smart tactical fight on the outside I wouldn't be surprised if she wins a UD. You guys might be right though and Weili KO's her easily. Only one way to find out.

Spoiler:
[/quote]

Rose only has power and chin on JJ. Her length also helps but its the power that was putting JJ off all the time.

First time it wasn't Roses footwork lol it was JJ's arrogance thinking Rose was shit.

JJ just went in throwing long combos at short distance, Rose just had to hold there and swing hard, worked once, then JJ was dazed and ate the left hook that put her down.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:17 am

That said if anyone can beat Weili it is JJ but it's still a veeeery tall order.

JJ could potentially step in & out & to the side all night long but Weili isn't some bull like Andrade, she has proper technique, speed and power.

Could go very wrong for JJ is she isn't careful but I have only seen her go full retard VS rose the first time.

Weili by KO :(
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:47 am

Joanna gonna get fooked up on the ground.....TKO in full mount from the Chinese sensation.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby hawdrigoh » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:50 am

320IDAVE wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:

Spoiler:

Rose only has power and chin on JJ. Her length also helps but its the power that was putting JJ off all the time.

First time it wasn't Roses footwork lol it was JJ's arrogance thinking Rose was shit.

JJ just went in throwing long combos at short distance, Rose just had to hold there and swing hard, worked once, then JJ was dazed and ate the left hook that put her down.

I never said Rose's footwork was the only reason she won the first fight but she definitely used it to her advantage to set things up and keep Joanna off-balance. It's clear Joanna wasn't defending properly and underestimated Rose. However if you think power is the only reason Rose won the fight and all she did was hold there and swing hard then I'm more than happy to agree to disagree.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:45 pm

willmma wrote:Did Joanna piss Dana off or something?

:lol: :lol:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Next

Return to MMA Discussion