Close
Login
Register

the Myth of Nate's championship round dominance

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: the Myth of Nate's championship round dominance

Postby ebickmeyer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:16 pm

Even if Masvidal was going to gas it wasn't likely Diaz could finish him given that Jorge's chin is amazing and his ground game would help him survive anything Nate could bring to the table.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: June 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: July 2018, Jan 2019, Feb 2019, Apr 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Apr 2017
Survivor (x2)

Postby Asso » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:22 pm

PainDog wrote:
Asso wrote:The guy pours it on in the later rounds when his opponent starts to fade, idk what to tell you. He was most likely going to start laying it on Mas in the 3rd round. Whether it would have been enough to win, I don't know

Nate wasnt about to do anything in the third since he got the shit beat out of him in that round.

Please let me know in which fight he really poured it on in 4th and 5th rounds.

Unless they're wrestlers he generally stays the same as his opponents fade. But yes, whenever someone has decent wrestling he gets ragdolled.
Asso
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby abcd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:51 pm

Asso wrote:
PainDog wrote:
Asso wrote:The guy pours it on in the later rounds when his opponent starts to fade, idk what to tell you. He was most likely going to start laying it on Mas in the 3rd round. Whether it would have been enough to win, I don't know

Nate wasnt about to do anything in the third since he got the shit beat out of him in that round.

Unless they're wrestlers he generally stays the same as his opponents fade. But yes, whenever someone has decent wrestling he gets ragdolled.

Name a fighter who wants to fight Nate or Nick in a no time limit no round fight
One round no breaks until kill or be killed
Close to a street fight as it can get
Name one please
Maybe crazy foos like cowboy and Tony
But who can actually beat them
I'll wait lil bro
I'll wait
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Fantasy Draft C-League Champion: May 2018 (Final)

Postby KingOfPancrase » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:52 pm

Nate is just as delusional as his fans if he really thinks he was going to do anything but keep getting his ass kicked had the doctor not spared his life and further brain damage.
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby abcd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:23 pm

KingOfPancrase wrote:Nate is just as delusional as his fans if he really thinks he was going to do anything but keep getting his ass kicked had the doctor not spared his life and further brain damage.

Why was mas holding his hands on his head?
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Fantasy Draft C-League Champion: May 2018 (Final)

Postby hawdrigoh » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:39 pm

Jorge was slowing down a bit and Nate was starting to pick it up. You can see the difference in their body language at the end of the third. No one can say what would have happened but what is clear is that doctor shit the bed.

I'm sure Dana gave the doctor a backroom bonus before the fight to grease the wheel and stop it if it went long. They all know Nate gets cut in that exact spot every time he fights. Dana also knew after the Pettis fight that Nate would pace himself into the championship rounds and basically paid for this to be a three round fight. Dana will now make sure Colby beats Usman setting up the dumbest title fight in WW history between Jorge and Colby. They'll market it as if they have bad blood even though they're all still friends and just playing the same sheep like OP who think Nate's championship round cardio and heart aren't top notch. The UFC is a massive clusterfuck and people are buying the bullshit that Dana and the doctor are selling. There aren't many real fighters left and instead of shitting on them you should be celebrating what they've given to the sport.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:46 pm

abcd wrote:
Asso wrote:
PainDog wrote:

Name a fighter who wants to fight Nate or Nick in a no time limit no round fight
Name one please
I'll wait lil bro
I'll wait

Nate would slap Khabib down the street and strip club parking light all night long without there being a fence for Khabib to pin him against and "hold" him down :lol: :lol: the whole time drunk/high Nick and BJ Penn cheering him on. Back to the Masvidal fight in a street fight one of them would actually have to die or both of them would just call it day after getting tired and bloody. You would literally have to kill Nate but Masvidal is a street fighter so I am not sure how that fight would end, there would be too much blood. Nate vs Mas or Nate vs Tony Ferguson in a street fight would be bad for all fighters involved. BJ Penn would go easy on all of them at first then get pissed off later and beat all their asses except for Nick, then they would all just get drunk and smoke more weed.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon: Alexander Volkov, Michael Page, Vicente Luque, Warlley Alves
FUTURE BMF GINA A-LEAGUE CHAMP CHAMP
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby Asso » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:52 pm

abcd wrote:
Asso wrote:
PainDog wrote:

Name one please
I'll wait lil bro
I'll wait

KJ Noons.

But seriously Nate's a bad ass. Once you beat the shit out of Conor you have my eternal gratitude.
Asso
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby reasontat2 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:02 am

abcd wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:Nate is just as delusional as his fans if he really thinks he was going to do anything but keep getting his ass kicked had the doctor not spared his life and further brain damage.

Why was mas holding his hands on his head?

Twice
الحمدالله

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

reasontat2
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby PainDog » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:11 am

hawdrigoh wrote:Jorge was slowing down a bit and Nate was starting to pick it up. You can see the difference in their body language at the end of the third. No one can say what would have happened but what is clear is that doctor shit the bed.

This could be said about any fight that is stopped by a doctor, ref, or even corner as long as the fighter is still standing. We don't know, but maybe Brian Ortega would have submitted Max Holloway in the 5th round.

hawdrigoh wrote: I'm sure Dana gave the doctor a backroom bonus before the fight to grease the wheel and stop it if it went long.

Dana is always trying to screw the Diaz brothers...I mean it's how Nick received a title shot off of a loss, Nate has been the only non-champion to headline a card in ages.

In all fairness few fighters have received the opportunities the Diaz brothers have had in the UFC.

hawdrigoh wrote: They all know Nate gets cut in that exact spot every time he fights. Dana also knew after the Pettis fight that Nate would pace himself into the championship rounds and basically paid for this to be a three round fight. Dana will now make sure Colby beats Usman setting up the dumbest title fight in WW history between Jorge and Colby. They'll market it as if they have bad blood even though they're all still friends and just playing the same sheep like OP who think Nate's championship round cardio and heart aren't top notch. The UFC is a massive clusterfuck and people are buying the bullshit that Dana and the doctor are selling. There aren't many real fighters left and instead of shitting on them you should be celebrating what they've given to the sport.

The UFC probably does want Colby to beat Usman. Personally, I want Usman to win, and I could careless about the drama between Jorge and Colby and whether or not it is legit.

The only sheep are the people buying into this narrative that Nate was just getting started. That narrative is insulting to Jorge, who is as real a fighter you're going to get, doesn't just walk away when he doesn't get what he wants.

I have never doubted Nate's cardio or heart. But there are facts, and the fact is he hasn't come close to finishing someone in the 4th or 5th round.

Even in three round fights, out of 32 total fights Nate has only 2 finishes in the third round.

Nate has a few big comebacks like against Conor and against Melvin Guillard, but for the most part he wins the fights that started with him dominating like against Cerrone or that were competitive like Michael Johnson.
Last edited by PainDog on Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Brutal Legend

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby hawdrigoh » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:23 am

PainDog wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:Jorge was slowing down a bit and Nate was starting to pick it up. You can see the difference in their body language at the end of the third. No one can say what would have happened but what is clear is that doctor shit the bed.

This could be said about any fight that is stopped by a doctor, ref, or even corner as long as the fighter is still standing. We don't know, but maybe Brian Ortega would have submitted Max Holloway in the 5th round.

Yeah Max's body language sure was awful after the third round and Ortega looked like he was starting to pick it up ;)

PainDog wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote: I'm sure Dana gave the doctor a backroom bonus before the fight to grease the wheel and stop it if it went long.

Dana is always trying to screw the Diaz brothers...I mean it's how Nick received a title shot off of a loss, Nate has been the only non-champion to headline a card in ages.

In all fairness few fighters have received the opportunities the Diaz brothers have had in the UFC.

Dana pulls the strings to ensure the most profitable fights happen, ie. Colby-Jorge.

PainDog wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote: They all know Nate gets cut in that exact spot every time he fights. Dana also knew after the Pettis fight that Nate would pace himself into the championship rounds and basically paid for this to be a three round fight. Dana will now make sure Colby beats Usman setting up the dumbest title fight in WW history between Jorge and Colby. They'll market it as if they have bad blood even though they're all still friends and just playing the same sheep like OP who think Nate's championship round cardio and heart aren't top notch. The UFC is a massive clusterfuck and people are buying the bullshit that Dana and the doctor are selling. There aren't many real fighters left and instead of shitting on them you should be celebrating what they've given to the sport.

The UFC probably does want Colby to beat Usman. Personally, I want Usman to win, and I could careless about the drama between Jorge and Colby and whether or not it is legit.

The only sheep are the people buying into this narrative that Nate was just getting started. That narrative is insulting to Jorge, who is as real a fighter you're going to get, doesn't just walk away when he doesn't get what he wants.

I have never doubted Nate's cardio or heart. But there are facts, and the fact is he hasn't come close to finishing someone I the 4th or 5th round.

Even in three round fights, out of 32 total fights Nate has only 2 finishes in the third round.

Nate has a few big comebacks like against Conor and against Melvin Guillard, but for the most part he wins the fights that started with him dominating like against Cerrone or that were competitive like Michael Johnson.

Nate was ready to go to start the fourth bud. I'm not taking anything away from Jorge, it was a terrible Dana-inspired stoppage. The sheep have to see through all of this nonsense. Also, Conor running a marathon to survive is a win for Nate. He's 1-1 in five round fights that went the distance.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby KidDynamite420 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:37 am

hawdrigoh wrote:
PainDog wrote:

Yeah Max's body language sure was awful after the third round and Ortega looked like he was starting to pick it up ;)

PainDog wrote:

Dana pulls the strings to ensure the most profitable fights happen, ie. Colby-Jorge.

PainDog wrote:

I have never doubted Nate's cardio or heart. But there are facts, and the fact is he hasn't come close to finishing someone I the 4th or 5th round.

Nate was ready to go to start the fourth bud. I'm not taking anything away from Jorge, it was a terrible Dana-inspired stoppage. The sheep have to see through all of this nonsense. Also, Conor running a marathon to survive is a win for Nate. He's 1-1 in five round fights that went the distance.

Lets not forget that his lone 5 rounder loss came against a guy who was so fucking roided he had to leave the organization for Bellator.. It's so satisfying knowing USADA has opened up the door for savages like Masvidal and Nate to feast on the deflated souls/testicles of once dominate fighters
KidDynamite420
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Oldtoby420 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:28 am

End of the day Masvidal won that fight in the 1st 3 rounds 2-1 easy if not 3-0 & the stoppage was "Ok" can see why. But def could have gone to 4th & or 5th it wasn't that bad yet he could still see fine eye wasn't swollen near shut like some other fights just bad looking cut & the cut wasn't bleeding bad to effect any vision seriosly.

If the fight did go on hwy you never know Nate could have won by sub or tko from multiple punches in bunches when Masvidal started to gas cuz Nate even after the damage he took was ripe & ready tp go no problem, cept Masvidal could have kept it up & finished em too just as easily could have gone either way we'll never know.

Biggest reason think Nate lost & would have lost even if it went all 5 rounds is he wasn't ready for that fight after a long lay off & the performance vs Pettis showed it for sure cuz he should & would have finished Petits if he wasn't rusty, give em one more tune up fight then think the fight vs Masivdal would have been alot different right out of the gate for Nate.

The fight vs Bendo fight idk believe what you want I feel just like int he fight vs Rory Nate has a hard time with a guy that was def out weighed em, never know is suspect Bendo mighta been on something who knows plus was a fight where Bendo's only strategy like ever is to wrestle fuck & wear you down for 5 rounds while scoring points for a decision was BAD match up for Nate.

As for 2nd fight with Conor that could have gone either way & Nate clearly kept that fight standing as much as possible to try to beat a prime Conor on the feet if he wanted to push for the sub think most of us know he'd have got it.

As of rightnow I think it's perfect timing to setup that 3rd Conor vs Nate fight now.
&
Masvidal vs Nick for the BMF would be awsome to see but he deserves that WW title shot next & should wait for it whoevet it may be.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:34 am

Diaz was ready to fight in the fourth, there is no doubt about that.

Doctor stoppage is never an ideal way for a fight to end, but doctors are there to protect the fighters, and I would honestly rather them stop a fight too early than too late.

If this particular fight was stopped early in the first before anything of note had happened, I would be among those saying book a rematch.

If the fight had been competitive and stopped at the end of the third, I would have been among those saying book a rematch.

As it was, the fight was not at all competitive, and a rematch or delegitimizing Masivdal's win makes little sense.

The argument that Nate was on his way to win or even to turn the fight around in his favor...is based more on fantasy than on actual evidence.

As I've mentioned several times, Nate isn't this dominant late round finisher.

Here is his record
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/nate-diaz

Whether or not he should have won against Conor is irrelevant.

He was without question more effective earlier against McGregor, round three was his best round, then he was in round 4 which he arguably lost, or round 5...granted McGregor didn't engage the entire round.

The last time he finished someone in round three even was against Marcus Davis in 2010.

We also have to consider how durable Masvidal is. Nate has been finished more recently than Jorge.

I don't know about any Dana conspiracies...to me it seems Nate Diaz has benefited from this controversial stoppage more than anyone.

Based on the fight itself and both fighters histories it would have been incredibly unlikely for Nate to actually win if the fight went the distance.

As it is Diaz can claim he never really lost, and the legion of sheep that follow him can claim he was on his way to actually winning.
The Brutal Legend

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby hawdrigoh » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:33 am

PainDog wrote:Diaz was ready to fight in the fourth, there is no doubt about that.

Doctor stoppage is never an ideal way for a fight to end, but doctors are there to protect the fighters, and I would honestly rather them stop a fight too early than too late.

If this particular fight was stopped early in the first before anything of note had happened, I would be among those saying book a rematch.

If the fight had been competitive and stopped at the end of the third, I would have been among those saying book a rematch.

As it was, the fight was not at all competitive, and a rematch or delegitimizing Masivdal's win makes little sense.

The argument that Nate was on his way to win or even to turn the fight around in his favor...is based more on fantasy than on actual evidence.

As I've mentioned several times, Nate isn't this dominant late round finisher.

Here is his record
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/nate-diaz

Whether or not he should have won against Conor is irrelevant.

He was without question more effective earlier against McGregor, round three was his best round, then he was in round 4 which he arguably lost, or round 5...granted McGregor didn't engage the entire round.

The last time he finished someone in round three even was against Marcus Davis in 2010.

We also have to consider how durable Masvidal is. Nate has been finished more recently than Jorge.

I don't know about any Dana conspiracies...to me it seems Nate Diaz has benefited from this controversial stoppage more than anyone.

Based on the fight itself and both fighters histories it would have been incredibly unlikely for Nate to actually win if the fight went the distance.

As it is Diaz can claim he never really lost, and the legion of sheep that follow him can claim he was on his way to actually winning.

No one is saying he was on his way to winning. There were two rounds of war left on the table, Nate was ready to go, and Jorge was starting to slow down. Everyone wanted to see what would have happened but Dana and the doctor stopped it to the delight of Dana's sheep followers. It is what it is.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion