Close
Login
Register

Amanda Nunes GOAT of WMMA?

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: Amanda Nunes GOAT of WMMA?

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:22 pm

willis wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:
willis wrote:Here she goes again. One victory and a lot of fanboy/girl kool aid and she's hyping herself up as the best ever.

Haha because I speak the truth? She wasn't even considered until that ONE win. Now she's declared the best. GTFO.

It takes a whole resume to be in consideration and she has one of the best resumes in WMMA. Beating Cyborg is a significant part of it, but she has many big wins.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby blackmetalcarson » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:24 pm

She's got two wins over Shevchenko (current champion), one dominating win over Rousey (former champion), and a great win over Cyborg (former champion and undefeated for a long ass time) and if she beats Holly (former champion who beat Rousey's ass the first time), it's going to be even tougher to deny her, I mean... what the fuck does she have to do? She's got wins over either recently former champions or current champions in different divisions.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby willis » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:06 pm

blackmetalcarson wrote:She's got two wins over Shevchenko (current champion), one dominating win over Rousey (former champion), and a great win over Cyborg (former champion and undefeated for a long ass time) and if she beats Holly (former champion who beat Rousey's ass the first time), it's going to be even tougher to deny her, I mean... what the fuck does she have to do? She's got wins over either recently former champions or current champions in different divisions.
hawdrigoh wrote:
willis wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:
willis wrote:Here she goes again. One victory and a lot of fanboy/girl kool aid and she's hyping herself up as the best ever.

Haha because I speak the truth? She wasn't even considered until that ONE win. Now she's declared the best. GTFO.

It takes a whole resume to be in consideration and she has one of the best resumes in WMMA. Beating Cyborg is a significant part of it, but she has many big wins.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

First of all, anyone bringing up the Shevchenko fights needs to GO WATCH THEM AGAIN. If you think those are any kind of dominating wins (more like robberies) then you need to please stop commenting on MMA. Secondly, are we really considering RR in this when she was a fucking trainwreck at this point? This win should not be an asterisk of her resume. You guys must only be looking at 1/3 of her resume. She was TKO'd by ALEXIS DAVIS! She is not the GOAT and here's why: She is not a dominator. She does not have the impact of, say, Cyborg or even RR in her hay day. Nunes COULD be GOAT in the future but not now.

Spoiler:

Because

Spoiler:

Peace and love homies
ImageImage
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Fantasy C-League Champion: May 2016

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:19 pm

willis wrote:First of all, anyone bringing up the Shevchenko fights needs to GO WATCH THEM AGAIN. If you think those are any kind of dominating wins (more like robberies) then you need to please stop commenting on MMA. Secondly, are we really considering RR in this when she was a fucking trainwreck at this point? This win should not be an asterisk of her resume. You guys must only be looking at 1/3 of her resume. She was TKO'd by ALEXIS DAVIS! She is not the GOAT and here's why: She is not a dominator. She does not have the impact of, say, Cyborg or even RR in her hay day. Nunes COULD be GOAT in the future but not now.

Spoiler:

Because

Spoiler:

Peace and love homies

Sorry for triggering you my friend. The Shevchenko fights were close indeed, but at the end of the day Nunes got her hand raised. It's time to stop crying about them.

willis wrote:She does not have the impact of, say, Cyborg or even RR

You're a gem. RR was indeed a once ever athlete and human being.

willis wrote:She was TKO'd by ALEXIS DAVIS!

Cyborg was submitted by ERICA PAES!

I know it hurts to admit it, but Nunes has a strong case for GOAT right now. :heart:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby PBells » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:02 pm

- Neither of the Shevchenko fights were robberies. The first was a clear-cut 29-28 Nunes decision, unanimous. The second was much closer because not a whole lot happened on either side, but Amanda controlled that fight and shut Valentina down. Saltchenko's biggest claim to fame in that one is mildly reddening Amanda's nose and that's not enough to win a title fight, IMO. :lol:

- Ronda was only one fight removed from being an undefeated champion who finished every fight. She came into the Amanda fight looking focused and in great shape. She looked a good 30 lbs. leaner than against Holly!

- As far as Alexis Davis goes, this was still early in Amanda's career. You can find early losses like this for just about every single fighter regarded as "world-class."
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Postby willis » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:04 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:
willis wrote:First of all, anyone bringing up the Shevchenko fights needs to GO WATCH THEM AGAIN. If you think those are any kind of dominating wins (more like robberies) then you need to please stop commenting on MMA. Secondly, are we really considering RR in this when she was a fucking trainwreck at this point? This win should not be an asterisk of her resume. You guys must only be looking at 1/3 of her resume. She was TKO'd by ALEXIS DAVIS! She is not the GOAT and here's why: She is not a dominator. She does not have the impact of, say, Cyborg or even RR in her hay day. Nunes COULD be GOAT in the future but not now.

Spoiler:

Because

Spoiler:

Peace and love homies

Sorry for triggering you my friend. The Shevchenko fights were close indeed, but at the end of the day Nunes got her hand raised. It's time to stop crying about them.

I know it hurts to admit it, but Nunes has a strong case for GOAT right now. :heart:

Spoiler:

I haven't been triggered since the last time Slevin and I had a lover's quarrel!

Truth be told, Amanda is tough as nails. She is a great fighter and with all due respect, is in the top 5 of WGOATs. I am of the opinion that she is not the greatest ever though and that is all. I respectfully disagree with the GOAT claim. If she beats Cyborg again, I will revisit this with you.

ImageImage
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:47 pm

willis wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:

Spoiler:

Because

Spoiler:

Peace and love homies

Spoiler:

I haven't been triggered since the last time Slevin and I had a lover's quarrel!

Truth be told, Amanda is tough as nails. She is a great fighter and with all due respect, is in the top 5 of WGOATs. I am of the opinion that she is not the greatest ever though and that is all. I respectfully disagree with the GOAT claim. If she beats Cyborg again, I will revisit this with you.

I'm not claiming Nunes is definitely the best eva, and I'm not even a big fan of hers, but to not even entertain the thought and relegate her to top 5 is a bit strange imho. Hard to think of four names that could be put ahead of her.

As for the Cyborg rematch, it seems like Nunes is the only one of the two who wants it. She's 1-0 against Cyborg and it will likely stay that way. We can agree to disagree on where Nunes ranks all-time. Cheers buddy.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:02 pm

PBells wrote:- Neither of the Shevchenko fights were robberies. The first was a clear-cut 29-28 Nunes decision, unanimous. The second was much closer because not a whole lot happened on either side, but Amanda controlled that fight and shut Valentina down. Saltchenko's biggest claim to fame in that one is mildly reddening Amanda's nose and that's not enough to win a title fight, IMO. :lol:

- Ronda was only one fight removed from being an undefeated champion who finished every fight. She came into the Amanda fight looking focused and in great shape. She looked a good 30 lbs. leaner than against Holly!

- As far as Alexis Davis goes, this was still early in Amanda's career. You can find early losses like this for just about every single fighter regarded as "world-class."

Agreed. Nunes-Shevchenko 2 was a tough one to score. Nunes made Ronda look like a toddler on skates and she ended up quitting the sport. Hard to say where Ronda was at mentally but impressive nonetheless.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby blackmetalcarson » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:14 am

Right because a fighter who has ANY kind of loss can never be in GOAT consideration and WE'RE the ones who need to stop posting on here? Fuck off.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby abcd » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:48 am

If she finishes Holly she's in competition with Jon Jones and mighty mouse.
I don't like this broad. .but her resume speaks for itself
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Fantasy Draft C-League Champion: May 2018 (Final)

Postby 320IDAVE » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:00 am

She could end up being it but the GOAT doesn't shit the bed when Shevchenko is standing across the room. She did and twice.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:33 am

320IDAVE wrote:She could end up being it but the GOAT doesn't shit the bed when Shevchenko is standing across the room. She did and twice.

Huh, I see 2 wins on her record...

IMO Amanda out-pointed the GOAT WMMA point-fighter twice, that has to count for something!
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Postby 320IDAVE » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:57 am

PBells wrote:
320IDAVE wrote:She could end up being it but the GOAT doesn't shit the bed when Shevchenko is standing across the room. She did and twice.

IMO Amanda out-pointed the GOAT WMMA point-fighter twice, that has to count for something!

She won yeah good on her.

Pretty sure mike Bernardo won that fight in k1 heroes but nobody praised him for it because fuck all happened.

A natural born killer like her should not shit the bed against Valentina, win or lose those fight were garbage expect for when Nunes gassed in the first fight.

She didn't gas in the second because she did nothing!!

Shame on Valentina too for not trying either.

However I do think she should NOT be considered GOAT.

Has a few losses against subpar competition and 2 VERY lackluster wins VS valentina.

GOATS fuck everything up, not just a Ronda and a chinny Cyborg.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby willis » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:27 am

320IDAVE wrote:
PBells wrote:

She won yeah good on her.

Pretty sure mike Bernardo won that fight in k1 heroes but nobody praised him for it because fuck all happened.

A natural born killer like her should not shit the bed against Valentina, win or lose those fight were garbage expect for when Nunes gassed in the first fight.

She didn't gas in the second because she did nothing!!

Shame on Valentina too for not trying either.

However I do think she should NOT be considered GOAT.

Has a few losses against subpar competition and 2 VERY lackluster wins VS valentina.

GOATS fuck everything up, not just a Ronda and a chinny Cyborg.

320IDave

PBells, no offense, but are you basing your opinion on stats only? Have you not watched Nunes vs Shev? To say Nunes shut down Shevchenko sounds out of place. Shev did much more work than Nunes, especially in the 2nd fight.

blackmetalcarson wrote:Right because a fighter who has ANY kind of loss can never be in GOAT consideration and WE'RE the ones who need to stop posting on here? Fuck off.

Exactly! So how does one loss cause Nunes to eclipse Cyborg in the GOAT department? Fedor has been beat over and over and LOTS of people still consider him the GOAT. Why? He was destroying killers and cans in his prime. Nobody called Mitrione the GOAT when he beat Fedor. Nunes has done NOTHING like a dominant champ YET.
ImageImage
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:35 am

Thanks Willis and I like you.

Yes what willis said. Nunes is no GOAT......YET

Has the potential to be the GOAT though, keep those hands sharp and build a fucking gas tank. Then she should be unstoppable.

If she actually had a gas tank she would have tried harder VS Valentina in the second fight but was scared to gas.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion