Close
Login
Register

Ex-KSW champion Khalidov picked up by anti-terror police

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Ex-KSW champion Khalidov picked up by anti-terror police

Postby Legionarivs » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:12 am

Former two-division KSW champion Mamed Khalidov has been arrested in Poland in connection with the alleged illegal import of stolen cars from the Czech Republic, according to reports.

Polish outlets have reported that Khalidov, 38, was arrested in his home town of Olsztyn by officers from the country’s Anti-Terrorist Operations Office.

A statement from the National Public Prosecutor’s Office reads: “On the orders of the prosecutor of the Silesian Branch Office of the Department for Organized Crime and Corruption of the National Prosecutor’s Office in Katowice, officers detained Mameda K. on the luxury car pickup.

“In the course of the proceedings, the prosecutor of the Silesian Branch Office of the Department for Organized Crime and Corruption of the National Prosecutor’s Office in Katowice determined that the vehicles were purchased in the Czech Republic.

“Among the luxury cars there were such vehicles as Porsche Panamera, Range Rover Evoque, BMW M6, BMW 7 Series.”

Khalidov, who at one time was considered to be one of the best fighters outside of the major United States-based promotions, retired last December with a record of 34-6-2 following consecutive losses to Tomasz Narkun.

Reports state that the Chechen-born Pole will face a prosecutor before a decision is made over “preventative measures.”

Source: https://mmajunkie.com/2019/06/mamed-kha ... pVryShEXR4
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: Ex-KSW champion Khalidov picked up by anti-terror police

Postby Legionarivs » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:13 am

Once a Chechen, always a Chechen right Paindog? :cig:
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:44 am

This sure does not look good initially :shock: :shock:

I quite like Khalidov too. He was always a very talented and very fun fighter to watch

I will wait for more details to come out but thus far this looks quite bad.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor (x3), First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby PainDog » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:51 am

Legionarivs wrote:Once a Chechen, always a Chechen right Paindog? :cig:

I was just speaking with a friend of mine who lives in Poland, a Norwegian guy married to a Polish woman, about this.

Personally...I saw this article several days ago at this point and really couldn't bring myself to even post it.

If it is true it is really, really disappointing. The Polish people really embraced Khalidov and he made plenty of money in Poland...
“There is only one TRUE Pillar and that Pillar’s name is Pillar Bruins2012.

Pillar Bruins2012 tells no lies. :tup:

Khabib Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:02 am

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Marlon Moraes, Aleksandar Rakic, Sung Bin Jo, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Darko Stosic

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Mar. 2017 & Apr. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Oct. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz), Survivor Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:37 am

Fake News wrote:Former two-division KSW champion Mamed Khalidov has been arrested in Poland in connection with the alleged illegal import of stolen cars from the Czech Republic, according to reports.

“In the course of the proceedings, the prosecutor of the Silesian Branch Office of the Department for Organized Crime and Corruption of the National Prosecutor’s Office in Katowice determined that the vehicles were purchased in the Czech Republic.

Polish outlets have reported that Khalidov, 38, was arrested in his home town of Olsztyn by officers from the country’s Anti-Terrorist Operations Office.

“Among the luxury cars there were such vehicles as Porsche Panamera, Range Rover Evoque, BMW M6, BMW 7 Series.”

false alarm. No terrorist goes there with a porche or any of the cars posted here... dude just likes cars and he may have stolen some.

not a terrorist. That's just silly.
Buentello wrote:Let's Make MMA great again.

You know the drill baby...Don't fear me baby... ......... eerrmm yeea...That's right - Don't Fear me..fear the consequences

EvilGorilla69+1
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (as The Smurf)

Postby PainDog » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 am

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
Fake News wrote:Former two-division KSW champion Mamed Khalidov has been arrested in Poland in connection with the alleged illegal import of stolen cars from the Czech Republic, according to reports.

false alarm. No terrorist goes there with a porche or any of the cars posted here... dude just likes cars and he may have stolen some.

Definitely not a Islamic Terrorist...but there is no justification in being a criminal

Khabib Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:30 am

^^
I will agree.... But there is no justification in calling everyone a terrorist or any criminals more than two: naming them 'gangs'... so they can get extra years. That's just fassism

You know the drill baby...Don't fear me baby... ......... eerrmm yeea...That's right - Don't Fear me..fear the consequences

EvilGorilla69+1
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:36 am

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:^^
I will agree.... But there is no justification in calling everyone a terrorist or any criminals more than two: naming them 'gangs'... so they can get extra years. That's just fassism

I agree with you entirely

Khabib Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby Legionarivs » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:45 am

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:false alarm. No terrorist goes there with a porche or any of the cars posted here... dude just likes cars and he may have stolen some.

He isn't linked with terrorism in this article, the anti-terrorism department have tracked him. As they trace for example money trails and Khalidov might have been flagged earlier for some reason or his buddies. But this isn't "false alarm" if he' s found quilty of an international cars theft organisation. It's serious and it means he's a scumbag. The headline wasn't meant to suggest he was involved in wahhabist/salafist terrorism, neither clickbait intentions.

PainDog wrote:

As Paindog agrees with you, some might as well so as unpopular is it might be what I am going to say. It's written "fascism" which is an Italian political idealogy which has nothing to do with what you are saying. Using that term to suggest something is totalitarian or unfair is making your argument sound silly. This is in general and not meant as a personal attack.
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby PainDog » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:07 pm

Legionarivs wrote:As Paindog agrees with you, some might as well so as unpopular is it might be what I am going to say.

I am not sure what you mean.

Either way my point isnt to get into any arguments over the definition of fascism.

I agree with Frag's statement "But there is no justification in calling everyone a terrorist or any criminals more than two: naming them 'gangs"

Using terrorism in the subject in an article about someone of Chechen descent does sort of sensationalize the circumstances of his actual case.

Either way I think your point is clear and there is no justification for whatever criminal activity he might be associated with.

Khalidov was headlining massive cards in Poland and had the support of thousands of Polish fans. I mean they even made a documentary about him.

Khabib Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby philphan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:09 pm

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Marlon Moraes, Aleksandar Rakic, Sung Bin Jo, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Darko Stosic

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Mar. 2017 & Apr. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Oct. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz), Survivor Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Legionarivs wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:false alarm. No terrorist goes there with a porche or any of the cars posted here... dude just likes cars and he may have stolen some.

He isn't linked with terrorism in this article, the anti-terrorism department have tracked him. As they trace for example money trails and Khalidov might have been flagged earlier for some reason or his buddies. But this isn't "false alarm" if he' s found quilty of an international cars theft organisation. It's serious and it means he's a scumbag. The headline wasn't meant to suggest he was involved in wahhabist/salafist terrorism, neither clickbait intentions.

PainDog wrote:

As Paindog agrees with you, some might as well so as unpopular is it might be what I am going to say. It's written "fascism" which is an Italian political idealogy which has nothing to do with what you are saying. Using that term to suggest something is totalitarian or unfair is making your argument sound silly. This is in general and not meant as a personal attack.

so I misspelled the word fassism..okk.. If people are using democracy to nametag people as terrorists,for no real reason,then that's just silly and almost fascistic?

EvilGorilla69+1
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:35 pm

IIRC the anti-terror police were only called because of Khalidov's MMA history and the assumption he would resist. :angel:
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: June 2016 Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion, Inaugural Pick-Em Champion (May 2019)

Postby Legionarivs » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:53 pm

PainDog wrote:
Legionarivs wrote:As Paindog agrees with you, some might as well so as unpopular is it might be what I am going to say.

I am not sure what you mean.

Either way my point isnt to get into any arguments over the definition of fascism.

I agree with Frag's statement "But there is no justification in calling everyone a terrorist or any criminals more than two: naming them 'gangs"

Using terrorism in the subject in an article about someone of Chechen descent does sort of sensationalize the circumstances of his actual case.

Either way I think your point is clear and there is no justification for whatever criminal activity he might be associated with.

Than we definitely agree. This section is also not the right spot to have a discussion about what fascism is or isn't so I'll try to wrap it up.

To understand what fascism/corporatism or in general a political idealogy is (or religion) one has to take time and effort to do research/study these idealogies. Calling someone a 'nazi' or 'fascist' is done mostly by people that have no base knowledge of what those idealogies are. I am not trying to get the high ground here, just pointing out that it's a word usage that is popular to use these days to alienate political opponents but that the usage itself is intellectual sloppyness.

I agree with you Paindog that my headline was insinuating that he was linked to terrorism and I could've used a different headline. I'll take in consideration when one of Nurmagomedov's buddies gets arrested in terrorism associated activities! :D
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion