Close
Login
Register

When did Rogan become such a pussy?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

When did Rogan become such a pussy?

Postby PBells » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Will we ever hear him commentate an event without screaming "STOP THE FIGHT!!!!" whenever someone gets dropped? DC was doing the same but it's understandable because he's probably having PTSD flashbacks of the second Jones fight (especially when someone gets hurt by a kick), but what's Joe's deal? Low T? Forgot to take his Alpha Brain? Not smoking enough weed?

Personally I believe ESPN is making refs stop fights earlier as well as directing the commentators to react more to dangerous situations in order to justify those early stoppages. I mean holy shit, refs are now stopping submissions early! It's getting ridiculous and goes to show that Hollywood can ruin anything.

Discuss!
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: June 2016 Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion, Inaugural Pick-Em Champion (May 2019)

Re: When did Rogan become such a pussy?

Postby KingOfPancrase » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:59 pm

PBells wrote:Will we ever hear him commentate an event without screaming "STOP THE FIGHT!!!!" whenever someone gets dropped? DC was doing the same but it's understandable because he's probably having PTSD flashbacks of the second Jones fight (especially when someone gets hurt by a kick), but what's Joe's deal? Low T? Forgot to take his Alpha Brain? Not smoking enough weed?

Personally I believe ESPN is making refs stop fights earlier as well as directing the commentators to react more to dangerous situations in order to justify those early stoppages. I mean holy shit, refs are now stopping submissions early! It's getting ridiculous and goes to show that Hollywood can ruin anything.

Discuss!

Hit the nail on the head. Fighting spectacle is dead welcome to pussy ass liberal ESPN sport. I'm sure they will be wearing pink reebok "kits" for breast cancer awareness in no time.
KingOfPancrase
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby philphan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:26 pm

I have to agree with you Pbells. Rogan and DC were just hard to fucking listen to last night. Between kissing certain fighters' asses and screaming anytime someone landed a shot, I just wanted them to shut the fuck up. They were just straight out ruining some of the fights for me. Time for them to go. :rip:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Marlon Moraes, Aleksandar Rakic, Sung Bin Jo, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Darko Stosic

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Mar. 2017 & Apr. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Oct. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz), Survivor Champion

Postby MadTitan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Taking TRT makes your body produce an unhealthy level of estrogen.

So I hear. He is pretty much 5 years away from being female imo
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby KingOfPancrase » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:51 pm

TheMadTitan wrote:Taking TRT makes your body produce an unhealthy level of estrogen.

Needs estrogen blockers ASAP
KingOfPancrase

Postby MadTitan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:45 pm

KingOfPancrase wrote:
TheMadTitan wrote:Taking TRT makes your body produce an unhealthy level of estrogen.

Needs estrogen blockers ASAP

☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Once he started exposing the truth they got to him now he is an agent of deceit. Part of the metoo, lgbtqlmnoz movement, believes in moon landing and official 911 story, thinks DMT made monkeys evolve, Eddie Bravo is carrying the torch now.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
9th Professional Linker Victory
9th Professional Linker Victory

Feb. 2016 Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Legionarivs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:15 am

philphan wrote:I have to agree with you Pbells. Rogan and DC were just hard to fucking listen to last night. Between kissing certain fighters' asses and screaming anytime someone landed a shot, I just wanted them to shut the fuck up. They were just straight out ruining some of the fights for me. Time for them to go. :rip:

I second that, I didn't thought the technical analyses was on point mosy of the fights. Wished at points especially during the Gastelum-Adesanya fight Cruz would be there to call the action.

Rogan sounding like he's fully on board with all those IC titles annoyed the shit out of me as well.

Everyone can have a shitty day on the job though, unfortunately his partner that evening wasn't much better!
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby PBells » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:27 am

Legionarivs wrote:I second that, I didn't thought the technical analyses was on point mosy of the fights.

Was there even technical analysis? All I heard was Rogan wooing and Cormier shrieking about fights needing to be stopped.
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: June 2016 Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion, Inaugural Pick-Em Champion (May 2019)

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:19 am

Yeah Saturday night Joe was worse than usual. Him and DC were convinced of a phantom leg injury in the first fight and were calling for every fight to be stoped when someone was merely dropped or rocked.

It got really annoying really quickly.

I was never a fan of Joes commentary. I did not dislike it either. I was impartial. The last few years though he has got a lot more annoying

Fighters deserve a chance to recover, stoping fights so early is beyond annoying.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor (x3), First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby kezzaman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:43 am

Mr Meow wrote:Yeah Saturday night Joe was worse than usual. Him and DC were convinced of a phantom leg injury in the first fight and were calling for every fight to be stoped when someone was merely dropped or rocked.

I was never a fan of Joes commentary. I did not dislike it either. I was impartial. The last few years though he has got a lot more annoying

Fighters deserve a chance to recover, stoping fights so early is beyond annoying.

Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:57 am

kezzaman wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:Yeah Saturday night Joe was worse than usual. Him and DC were convinced of a phantom leg injury in the first fight and were calling for every fight to be stoped when someone was merely dropped or rocked.

:lol: :lol: Just so you know Meow, Kez was pissed you couldn't make it to chat on Saturday. :twisted: He was also talking mad shit to me cause I bet hendocoins on Dustin winning. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
Fantasy fighters- Marlon Moraes, Aleksandar Rakic, Sung Bin Jo, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Darko Stosic

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Mar. 2017 & Apr. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Oct. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz), Survivor Champion

Postby slevin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:13 pm

If your referring to the Rountree fight, then I agree with Rogan. Anders got dropped 4 times and it wasnt competitive.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion
Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PBells » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:21 pm

slevin wrote:If your referring to the Rountree fight, then I agree with Rogan. Anders got dropped 4 times and it wasnt competitive.

That's part of it, but Eryk was never out of that fight, per se. It wasn't competitive, you're right, but I never saw intelligent defense lapse. At one point Eryk was re-positioning himself to face Khalil and was focused on him the whole time while Cormier is howling "THAT'S IT!! STOP IT!!" Really?

On the plus side, it was so uncompetitive that Good Guy Khalil didn't want to hurt Eryk anymore which is great considering that Eryk's coach couldn't have given less of a fuck.

Regardless, I'm just noticing this trend in the UFC ever since ESPN came into their position. Meow is 100% correct that fighters should be given a chance to recover and I feel they're not getting that chance these days.
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Postby philphan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:29 pm

PBells wrote:
slevin wrote:If your referring to the Rountree fight, then I agree with Rogan. Anders got dropped 4 times and it wasnt competitive.

That's part of it, but Eryk was never out of that fight, per se. It wasn't competitive, you're right, but I never saw intelligent defense lapse. At one point Eryk was re-positioning himself to face Khalil and was focused on him the whole time while Cormier is howling "THAT'S IT!! STOP IT!!" Really?

On the plus side, it was so uncompetitive that Good Guy Khalil didn't want to hurt Eryk anymore which is great considering that Eryk's coach couldn't have given less of a fuck.

Regardless, I'm just noticing this trend in the UFC ever since ESPN came into their position. Meow is 100% correct that fighters should be given a chance to recover and I feel they're not getting that chance these days.

I agree with pbells. What happened to the days of randy getting every chance to come back. Against brock he took like 50 hammer fists before it was stopped. I don't know if we need that, but give the guy a few seconds to formulate a plan. :twisted:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Next

Return to MMA Discussion