Close
Login
Register

One Championship Lightweight GP Preview

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

One Championship Lightweight GP Preview

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Yeah you knew the fucking second you read this thread title it was either me or Paindog who made it. So good call there cockcheesesniffer. :tup:

As some of you know One Championship signed Eddie Alvarez a month or so ago. A new weeks after signing him they announced a few GP for the year 2019 including a Flyweight mma, Lightweight mma and a welterweight kickboxing GP

Today we focus on the Lightweight GP

Here is a fucking breakdown of how its currently fucking scheduled you ungrateful fucking cunts :tup: Is that ok? do you need a fucking permission slip from your mommys to let Dana white allow you to actually watch a fucking mma GP past 2005?? Are you scared of yellow cards and knees to the grounded opponents head?

Weak Ass Linkers "mommmy I am scared of a GP! The only way I think fighters should get title shots is through the subjective whims of Uncle Dana White!"

Weak Ass Linkers Mothers "Shut the fuck up you little bitch i never liked you anyways!"

Fucking hell

Anyways here is the GP schedule currently and the participants.

Keep in mind the winner of this will face the winner of the Eduard Folayang vs Shinya Aoki title fight in March

Honorio Banario (14-7) vs. Lowen Tynanes (9-0) (Jan. 25 in Manila)
Amir Khan (13-4) vs Ariel Sexton (12-4) (Feb. 22 in Singapore).
"Dagi" Arslanaliev (6-1) vs. Ev Ting (16-5) (Feb. 22 in Singapore)
Eddie Alvarez (29-6) vs. Timofey Nastyukhin (12-4) (Mar. 31 in Tokyo)

No word yet on who will meet who in the next round depending on who is victorious.

However that is what we have laid out for it thus far.

My breakdown for the first round fights :pointdown:

Banario vs Tynanes:

To me this is the easiest and hardest one to call. Tynanes I thought was literally dead. Dude went from a 9-0 25 year old prospect who was 4-0 in One Championship and had a TKO stoppage over current champ Folayang outside the promotion when Folayang was 12-2 and Tynanes 3-0. Now he is 28 years old and has not fought in 3 and a half years. Apparently he was too busy being injured and fucking your mom after surfing all day in hawai

Banario is a solid fighter and a former FW One champ but if Tynanes comes back at 100% where he was or even improved vastly he will run through Banario quicker than your mom ran through the 1969 Mets Relief pitchers. she is a whore

Predicition Tynanes Sub Round 3.

videos of previous tynanes and banario fights :pointdown:

Spoiler:

Khan vs Sexton

No Khan is not the same dude as the boxer. This Khan is a Singaporean former semi pro golfer with tourettes who turned to muay thai and mma in his early twenties. I wish i made that up, so fucking random. Weird

Anyways. Khan is a real solid fighter. He has a lot of finish victories the most in One history. However against Sexton I see his striking style and lack of a consistent plan of attack coming back to bite him. Sexton is a weird looking dude who is nicknamed Tarzan because his friends had never seen George of the Jungle who he far closer resembles. Sexton is a Daniel Gracie Blackbelt and trains a lot with Frankie Edgar/Alvarez/Marlon Moraes team. Sexton is strangely athletic, durable and has boxing which comes from weird angles. He thrives on the ground, he has a propensity for hitting odd reverse triangles he then turns into shoulder locks. Not lying. See videos below

Prediction: Sexton Sub Round 3. Khan cries.

Spoiler:

Arslanaliev vs Ting

This is a hard one to predict. I want to favor Dagi as he is a guy i discovered and made a "this kid is a monster" thread about a few years ago. He has only got better and beat better fighters since then. Ting I see being a tough fight for him though. Style wise Ting is tricky. Very well rounded and has venomous finishing ability with strikes or submissions and a rock steady gas tank. Dagi on the other hand is stupid athletic in terms of strength speed balance and punching power. He is very well rounded too but at times does not do the best reserving his gas tank.

Prediction: Even with this being close to call I think Dagi catches Ting hard in the second round and finds the finish

Spoiler:

Alvarez vs Nastyuhkkhin

This is a fight I want to talk myself out of in terms of my prediction. I really like both of these dudes, very fun to watch. I can not say I have seen either in a boring fight really for the most part. For sure action fighters. As a One fanboy here my bias might be showing and i am fully aware of that. However I see Eddie getting starched here. He starts so slow and gets hit hard early and often in all his fights since he debuted really. Nastykhin is perhaps the most dangerous first round fighter at 155 in terms of striking power. This does not bode well for Eddie. Unless he gets takedowns early and often I think Timofffffeeyyyyyy starches him hard

Prediction: Timmmmofffffeeyyyyyyyyy Round 1 TKO.

Spoiler:

So I predict Tynanes, Sexton, Dagi and Nastyukhin moving on to the second round. Who the fuck they end up fighting is beyond me.

I am hyped for a good ol fashioned year long GP and you should be too dicklips
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: One Championship Lightweight GP Preview

Postby philphan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 pm

:star: :gold: :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Paul Daley, Marvin Vettori, Ben Askren, Beneil Dariush, Won Il Kwon

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Postby PainDog » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Great post and I agree with your picks...I also have this feeling Nastyukhin is going to wi
https://amenra.bandcamp.com

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:46 pm

Here is the first fight between Folayang and Aoki. They are rematching for the title and this GP's winner will fight the winner of the rematch.

Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Yeah you knew the fucking second you read this thread title it was either me or Paindog who made it. So good call there cockcheesesniffer. :tup:

:lol:
Get out of my fucking head catman

I wish asia would just switch to my time zone already, super inconsiderate of them
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby bruins2012 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 am

When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Return to MMA Discussion