Close
Login
Register

My top ten favorite fighters of all time!

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

My top ten favorite fighters of all time!

Postby JTuck34 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:25 am

1. Charles Krazy Horse Bennett

My favorite all time fighter, among all rulesets. I mean Jesus Christ. Helicopter armbar defense. Enough said.

2. Drew McFedries

For some reason since the first time I saw this guy in the UFC throwing those bombs I was in love with his style. He's a southpaw with a NASTY lead right uppercut, which is something you just aren't supposed to do. You throw the lead hand uppercut to lift and expose the chin, and then you follow it up with the straight left hand to the chin and you put some heat on it. It will take anyone of any size and make them respect your power. Banging hooks after that bro. Drew was my favorite fighter for over ten years.

3. Roy Jones Jr.

I mean what can you say about this dude. Gets bored wrecking people his own size and so he bulks up to heavyweight for the fuck of it. Balls made of steel. He didn't just dominate people, he straight up embarrassed them. I daydream that I would have his handspeed one day.

4. Mike Tyson

We all know Mike Tyson. Lethal with either hand, epic career. Made heavyweight boxing fun again. One day I smoked a blunt and pondered how he was so deadly with both hands instead of just one, and I learned about how he was a super rare converted orthodox fighter. (Meaning he is left handed but fights in an orthodox stance) and literally that day I mirrored his behavior and became a converted southpaw. I'm right handed but I trained southpaw since. Now when I use the punching machine I literally score the exact same with a right cross as I do with a left cross. My left cross used to be pathetic. Thank you Iron Mike.

5. Kimbo Slice

Kimbo was the nicest guy ever to be such a predator in the cage. I love how he is so family oriented and simple minded at the same time as being such a fucking savage. His footwork is so weird but he literally is always setting himself up for the next haymaker. It's genius in his own way. He was a true savant and I miss him. Plus, he had the best response to a stupid question ever: "Kimbo Slice, why do you fight?" - "It's how a nigga eat." Beautiful.

6. Melvin Manhoef

A muay Thai berserker. The dude can knock you out with any of the eight points of Muay Thai. He probably has demonstrated that. A short middleweight who KOed Mark Hunt for the first time. A fucking middleweight KO's Mark Hunt for the first time. WTF. Manhoef gives no fucks and fights everyone, chin be damned.

7. Remy Bonjasky

The flying Dutchman. An oldschool kickboxer with the weirdest style you've seen in a while. Sick mixture of a classic Dutch kickboxer style mixed with a certain artistic creativity. They call him the flying Dutchman for a reason. Or flying gentleman or whatever. Dude mixes in flying kicks, flying spinning kicks, flying knees, all of that shit. For a heavyweight, this lanky motherfucker moves. An epic career he has had.

8. Emmanuel Augustus Burton

One of the most under appreciated boxers of all time. Only Meow will truly understand. He was the originator of the "double punch" technique. He would throw a few wide hooks to get you backing up, and then lean his body forward as if to set up a Chuck Liddell overhand right, but at the last second he would throw an armpunch over the top with the right towards his opponent's temple, and at the same time throw a left hand to the gut. The double punch. Fuck man, how can you get more creative than that. The reason you've never heard of him is because for some strange reason the stupid ass judges and white folks who run the boxing commissions frown upon creativity at this level. They want to see traditional boxing only, and even if you show them that in a fight they still don't know what the fuck they are watching. Burton's career is a fucking shame. Absolutely brilliant artistic performances throughout. With the right promoter he would be as legendary as he deserves to be.

9. Raymond Daniels

This fucking guy throws 360 kicks and tornado kicks. When I watch him fight I feel like a big fat fuck who can't move my body around to save my life. He is so far above everyone else with his movement and fight IQ, I can't believe more people don't know who he is. You don't even have to market this guy, just expose his talent and unique ability. I attempt his spinning shit and I fall the fuck over like a retard. A guaranteed clinic every time I watch the guy.

10. Yair Rodriguez

Yair Rodriguez. He is the Raymond Daniels of MMA. Creative and artistic to the last, he goes hard as fuck. His best soundbite was something like "How the fuck is my opponent going to know what I am going to do in the fight when I don't even know what the fuck I am going to do in the fight?" Brilliant shit. I don't even have to explain the intricacies of a fucking no-look up-elbow being delivered in the final seconds of a five round fight. WTF? HOW?

Honorable mention:

Spoiler:
Fedor Emelianenko: He is very obviously the #1 in any list that is worth a fuck. I omitted him here because it was just a given.

Mauricio Rua: PrideGP winner. Beast of a fighter who takes on all comers. Deserves the hall of fame fo sho, possibly even mount rushmore of mma

BJ Penn: Gives zero fucks about weight classes and constantly challenges himself, and his record reflects that. Dude goes hard as fuck.

Dan Henderson: The man's accomplishment speak for themselves. Never seen a dude go that hard. Fought Fedor at heavyweight and got a KO win. Wow.

A moment of truth with you linker brethren:

I know that I play a role as a big fat troll. I troll about sexism and racism most often. I haven't posted regularly in a while. I was actually nominated by someone (forget who, Shiznitski maybe?) as bum linker of the year for posting 4 times in 2018, most of which was jokes about beating women. This is good in my opinion. It shows that people care enough about linker to call out senior members on their retarded shit. I reviewed my posts, and it is true.

Full disclosure:

1. I've dated many women in my day, and none of them have I beat. Men who beat women are abhorrent in my opinion.
2. I do not discriminate by race in life. I have hired and fired people of all races and backgrounds, and I have found that illegal Mexicans are my favorite culture to work with. To learn this was a changing moment in my life.
3. I said some things to jojo that I'm not proud of now. He was being a dick and he deserved it at the time, but I went too hard. Feelsbadman. Out of all the linkers who have gone inactive, I wish he was back. I miss jojo.
4. 9 out of ten of my favorite fighters are black. The only one who isn't black is Mexican. Interpret that how you will.
5. Shout out to Meow for listening to my drunken ramblings about stupid shit. Shout out to eBickmeyer for sharing personal conversations with me after chat ended. You guys mean a lot to me.
6. I'd like to thank you all for putting up with my stupid trolling. Thanks to the people who laughed at my jokes even when they weren't funny. Thanks to those who called me out when they weren't funny. Thanks to everyone. This is the first and ONLY forum I have ever joined on any topic. Long live linker. You've all helped me adapt to an existence that I didn't know was possible. Thank you Linker. You are the best. I love you guys. You are a very real part of my life. I mean that from my heart.
7. http://www.mmalinker.com is literally the fastest thing I can type on any keyboard. That's for a reason. I don't social media. This is all I do. War Linker.
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Re: My top ten favorite fighters of all time!

Postby philphan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:06 am

Glad you are back man, post more and swing by chat if you get the chance.

Off the top of my head for top ten

Hendo of course
Fedor duh
Sakuraba loved watching him
Big Nog is a true warrior
Shogun was pure excitement
Rich Franklin due to him being a teacher. I always liked him.
Wandy was a pure animal
Robert Whittaker is probably my favorite new fighter. I love the heart.
Sugar Ray Lenard and Hit Man Herns from boxing
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Israel Adesanya, Cain Velasquez, Thiago Santos, Paul Felder, Rani Yahya,
Jimmie Rivera

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Mar. 2017 & Apr. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Oct. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:07 am

1)Fedor
2)Rutten
3)Royce
4)Ken
5)Big Nog
6)Randy
7)Wanderlei Silva
8 ) Crocop
9) Hobbie Lawler
10) Diaz bros and BJ

^^This aint fair.. Ive got loads of fighters that i like, like there are family of mine

Rampage,tito,Anderson Silva,JDS,Arlovski,Barnetto,etc.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:07 am

Ferguson - Holloway - Gaetje, my current favorites.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:14 am

There's a lot of love and positive vibes on 'Linker the last few days.... feels itchy
There can only be one...
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:22 pm

:
PBells wrote:There's a lot of love and positive vibes on 'Linker the last few days.... feels itchy

:holy sh*t: :lol:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Israel Adesanya, Cain Velasquez, Thiago Santos, Paul Felder, Rani Yahya,
Jimmie Rivera

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan

Accolades: Mar. 2017 & Apr. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Oct. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:04 pm

This is a great top 10 list. You can tell it comes from the heart. Nobody can talk shit about the fighters we love and support throughout the years of wins and loses when it is as legitimate as the list you gave.

Much respect sir.

I also love that you have Emmanuel Augustus Burton on the list. He might be the goat for entertaining boxers ever. He got screwed out of at least 4 or 5 decisions because the judges got butthurt about his style. He was a dude who was so fucking talented and used the talent to create a fun style to win fans and not a boring style to win decisions. love it

You are a cool dude and I always enjoy our chats in discord during the events.

To be honest I do not think anyone really took any of your racial jokes or jokes about beating women seriously. Like if anyone spends more than 4 minutes with you they can tell it is just your personality and you are not actually being serious. Usually the drunker Jtuck gets in chat the more he makes jokes like these but I have yet to see a comment from Jtuck that I took as "racist" and not just a "racial" comment. There is a huge difference in my opinion

You sir are a legend here at linker. If you stopped posting or showing up to discord for fights it would be a massive loss in my book.

Posters like Jtuck or Brick or Hawdrigoh are some of my favorites in that they are very knowledgeable on the sport and can certainly have a legit debate with you about aspects of it, but generally just enjoy making hilarious posts and drawing great comparisons between mma and real life which are hilarious as well.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor (x2)

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:07 pm

Here are my top 10 fighters list. Non biased subjective here. In no order

Genki Sudo
Manhoef
Bas Rutten
Big Nog
Fedor
Marvin Hagler
The gooch (Horiguchi)
Iron Mike Zambidis
Lidell
Igor Vochcncnchnancyn

so many names I did not list I could have 20 honorable mentions. :tup:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor (x2)

Postby hawdrigoh » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:14 am

:beer: :heart:

Hard to make a top 10 over all combat sports so I'll stick to MMA. In no order other than Fedor.

Fedor
Big Nog
Shogun
Saku
BJ
Wandy
Hendo
Minowa
Igor
Robbie

HM: Bas, Sakurai, Gomi, Lil Nog, Kid, Genki, Gaethje, Mousasi, Diaz brothers, Rose, Megumi, Carlos Newton, Manhoef, Mirko, Joe Lauzon...too many to list.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Return to MMA Discussion