Close
Login
Register

Anderson ready to retire

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Anderson ready to retire

Postby philphan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:24 pm

Corey Anderson’s Readying for Retirement, Plans to Step Away at Age 31
https://sports.yahoo.com/corey-anderson ... 12665.html

UFC light heavyweight Corey Anderson has been planning his retirement since he first stepped inside the octagon. He's set a date, and it's just around the corner. "If I could, I wouldn't be fighting. I'd go back and be a college wrestling coach. That was my dream job, but the money didn't match up equivalent to what I make in fighting," Anderson said while appearing on Ariel Helwani's MMA Show. "When I started a 23, I said that by 31 I wanted to be done," he explained. "It was more of my mom pushing on me because she hates it, but now I'm at the point where I'm going to have a family and all of that. I see fighters, I know guys in it with their families. They're away from home. And the damage to the brain. I know what it does to the body. I don't want that." Anderson has been conservative with his money. He saves what he earns in fight purses while paying bills with money earned from teaching and other endeavors. "I've already got my exit plan and business plan, everything going. I've already got a job set up and waiting and everything," he said. "I've got a business degree. I never wanted to be a fighter.
"All of my fight money has been saved. I don't spend my fight money. I work and teach classes to pay bills, so the plan is when I walk away I'm not going to be hurting and have to go back and fight. I can start my other ventures and just veer off and be there for my family, my wife and my kids and there for the more kids that we're going to have." Anderson loves fighting. It's what he's passionate about. He'll remain in the sport and plans to open a gym in Indiana and coach a two-year wrestling program. His decision was based on quality of life later in life. "I don't want to keep beating my body up. I'm so beat up already. I'm 29 and I've been hurting since I was like 25," he said. "My plan on leaving isn't because I'm tired; I'm done with it. It's just that I want to save my body for my family. I don't want to that guy slurring later on in life. I don't want to not be able to play catch with my kids anymore because my shoulders are so bad that I can't throw the ball."
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Israel Adesanya, Cain Velasquez, Thiago Santos, Paul Felder, Rani Yahya,
Jimmie Rivera

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Mar. 2017 & Apr. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Oct. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: Anderson ready to retire

Postby PBells » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 pm

I just turned 31, can I retire??
There can only be one...
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby yoseph » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:01 pm

Damn you and your clickbait titles phil :lol: getting worse than bruins.

This bum can retire unnoticed
yoseph
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Survivor 2018

Postby philphan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:15 pm

yoseph wrote:Damn you and your clickbait titles phil :lol: getting worse than bruins.
This bum can retire unnoticed

His name IS Anderson. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Israel Adesanya, Cain Velasquez, Thiago Santos, Paul Felder, Rani Yahya,
Jimmie Rivera

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan

Accolades: Mar. 2017 & Apr. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Oct. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby SpeakEasy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:21 pm

I thought i was bad with my Jones out title, fucking phil, showing us that old age doesnt dull the troll blade.

Good call, he wont be missed, has contributed equal to less than nothing to the sport and possesses zero latent abilities or potential weve yet to see.
So why expose yourself to more damage when everyone, including yourself, knows you cannot even attempt to be the best?
This is a very humble admission from Beastin, im glad hes realized his limitations within his fighting abilities, i hope this puts the kibosh on any fight with top contenders especially jones.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:15 am

Literally have had shits that made me think more about them than Anderson's whole career. Good riddance is what I say as I flush and/or think about Corey anderson
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby JTuck34 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:48 am

I for one like this type of talk from a fighter. He seems like he has his head on straight.
War Corey Anderson

He already looks 51 in age so why not stop at 31, this shows awareness
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:08 am

JTuck34 wrote:I for one like this type of talk from a fighter. He seems like he has his head on straight.
War Corey Anderson

He already looks 51 in age so why not stop at 31, this shows awareness

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby YMCA » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:55 pm

yoseph wrote:Damn you and your clickbait titles phil :lol: getting worse than bruins.

:fu:

:lol:

Got me, too.
Black Zeus wrote:
^^he has a long history of crying if things don't go his way. Doubt he can learn to keep his emotions in check at such a late age. What is he 37?
YMCA

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:10 pm

Thankfully divisions come in go in terms of strength

With that said.

Wow Lightheavyweight is shallow as fuck. Beyond shallow

The fact Corey Anderson is top 5 really exemplifies this.

That late Pride era where both they and the UFC had a shit ton of quality Lightheavyweights was amazing. Perhaps the peak of that day.

No Corey Andersons back then :lol:

Liddell, Wandy, Couture, Babalu, Arona, Hendo, Horn, Lil Nog, Shogun, Reem, Rampage, Mezger, Tito Ortiz, Forrest, Rashad, Jardine, etc

I look forward to the next good era of lightheavyweight. Hopefully it and Heavyweight come back here soon with good talent outside of the top 3 or 4 dudes. :tup:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor (x2)

Postby yoseph » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:39 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Thankfully divisions come in go in terms of strength

With that said.

Wow Lightheavyweight is shallow as fuck. Beyond shallow

The fact Corey Anderson is top 5 really exemplifies this.

That late Pride era where both they and the UFC had a shit ton of quality Lightheavyweights was amazing. Perhaps the peak of that day.

No Corey Andersons back then :lol:

Liddell, Wandy, Couture, Babalu, Arona, Hendo, Horn, Lil Nog, Shogun, Reem, Rampage, Mezger, Tito Ortiz, Forrest, Rashad, Jardine, etc

I look forward to the next good era of lightheavyweight. Hopefully it and Heavyweight come back here soon with good talent outside of the top 3 or 4 dudes. :tup:

I hated him for it but Jones is really the one who killed that era. Even hammill was up there before getting completely destroyed and so was boner
yoseph
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Survivor 2018

Return to MMA Discussion