Close
Login
Register

Horiguchi-Caldwell rematch

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Horiguchi-Caldwell rematch

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:44 pm

Sounds like there will a rematch in Bellator. Does Caldwell beat him in the cage or does Horiguchi beat him again?

Also Horiguchi's on a hell of a streak since losing to DJ. Pretty impressive.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: Horiguchi-Caldwell rematch

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:44 am

Yis yis good call mr sir. sir mr sir. A big part of Caldwell coming over was Rizin saying they would do a rematch in Bellator

Personally the fact Horiguchi beat Caldwell at all is crazy. Dude is an average sized Flyweight beating a massive bantamweight and a large featherweight.

With a change for the cage and an addition of two extra minutes, I do not see this going better for Caldwell. Probably worse. Unless he learns to get way more comfortable striking with Horiguchi is a short time.

He was shooting takedowns from way far out and fatiguing himself just to hold Horiguhci down. With two extra minutes he will gas and get pounded out or submitted again I bet

Horiguchi is on a stupid good run since losing to DJ. His run in rizin has been massively impressive knocking out usually much larger dudes
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor (x2)

Postby jblaze » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Horiguchi purposefully got both of them caught in the ropes. Which completely stopped the momentum. It may or may not have changed the end result.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby PBells » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:09 pm

It didn't seem like Caldwell trained for the ring very much. I can see where some might be upset with how the ropes came into play, but fuck 'em. I always enjoy a stall-wrestler losing. :angel:
There can only be one...
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:33 pm

jblaze wrote:Horiguchi purposefully got both of them caught in the ropes. Which completely stopped the momentum. It may or may not have changed the end result.

When was this?

I remember this fight pretty well and I do not remember either doing anything blatantly intentional.

Caldwell got himself and his arm specifically caught in the ropes once on a takedown where he landed in half but it did not look intentional to me

Horiguchi has been training at ATT in a cage for a long time now anyways. 2 more rounds and a cage to use to get back to his feet = Caldwell is probably going to get pimp smoked

I like Caldwell. However running your mouth as a featherweight fighting at bantamweight and then being too scared to strike with a flyweight fighting at bantamweight was not a good look for him :-? :-? Dude ate one lead overhand on a counter and was shooting in from super far away for the rest of the fight on

Who knows though! Caldwell had a similar experience against Taiminglo and lost that fight but won the rematch. So who knows this could be a trilogy!
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor (x2)

Return to MMA Discussion