Close
Login
Register

Mayweather vs Tenshin NYE Rizin

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: Mayweather vs Tenshin NYE Rizin

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:24 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
Oldtoby420 wrote:Wouldn't be suprized in the least if Floyd did have a huge gambling debt like that. But thought he was making bunch of money on his lame sport fantasy betting racket he has going that was just another Draft King type website. Not to mention all the moeny figured he'd be making of his boxing promotion unless he only promotes his own fights under it.

Either way when he's washed up as a boxer & no one cares enough to pay "Mayweather Money" to see em fight place your bets on Floyd Mayweather being another black athelete who squanders all his money away that'll be showcased in behind the scenes hour long specials on ESPN, VH1 or BET.

:-? :-? :-? :-?

Does the fact he is black have anything to do with it? If not then why include it in your statement? Bernie Kosar is notorious for money mismanagement and he is an American Jewish athlete :lol:

thanks meow. I wanted to say something but I didnt want to seem like racist police.

people entertaining the idea that floyd has no money are brain dead.

He came to greece some weeks ago,or something and one of my best friends was his personal tour guide.

dude got 700 euros from Floyd for a 4-5 hour thing and he was handing 100 and 200 euro notes to anyone he saw and liked.

Same here, I hesitated to respond because I did not want to seem like I was calling him a racist or anything.

It is just odd saying the fact he is black matters somehow...then when asked to back it up goes off on some totally non related rant :lol: :lol:

Plenty of athletes blow through money and race nor ethnicity has any connection in it what so ever was all I was getting at.

My bad to Oldtoby420 if my responses seemed confrontational or accusatory. If so my apologies mr sir. No disrespect was intended
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby philphan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:32 pm

Mayweather cancels Japan kickboxing fight
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mayweather ... --box.html

Los Angeles (AFP) - Boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather on Wednesday scrapped a planned fight with a Japanese kickboxer, claiming he had been duped into agreeing to the contest.

In a lengthy statement posted on social media, Mayweather said he had been "blindsided" by organizers of the proposed bout against Tenshin Nasukawa, set for New Year's Eve in Saitama.

"I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa," Mayweather wrote on Instagram.

The 41-year-old retired welterweight champion said he had travelled to Japan last week to discuss participating in a private bout against Nasukawa for a "small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee."

"This exhibition was previously arranged as a 'Special Bout' purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight nor televised worldwide," Mayweather wrote.

Soon after arriving at a press conference in Tokyo on Monday, Mayweather said he and his team "were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going."

"We should have put a stop to it immediately," Mayweather wrote.

"I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference.

"I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent or approval."

In Tokyo on Monday, Mayweather had vowed to give "blood, sweat and tears" in the fight against Nasukawa.

"It's always been a goal of mine to go outside out of the US and display my talent. The world has never seen Mayweather compete live in (Japan)," Mayweather told reporters at the press conference, framing the fight as an expansion of his businesses to the Far East.

Mayweather has not fought since his money-spinning boxing showdown with mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor in Las Vegas in 2017. Mayweather returned to retirement following that bout with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record.

However the American has repeatedly hinted at coming out of retirement since that fight, most recently teasing a possible rematch against Filipino icon Manny Pacquiao.

Nasukawa, 20, meanwhile, had told reporters on Monday it had been an "easy decision" to agree to fight Mayweather.

"It was a surprise offer but I accepted without hesitation," said Nasukawa.

"I don't care what the rules are. I want to be the man who changes history. I'll do that with these fists, with one punch -- just watch."

Mayweather said he had been reluctant to speak out at Monday's press conference because he did not want "to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said."

"I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions," he said.

US-based pundits however poured scorn on Mayweather's stated reasons for the U-turn.

Yahoo Sports combat sports columnist Kevin Iole greeted Mayweather's volte-face with scepticism.

"Mayweather is hardly a shrinking violet and he has never — ever — failed to speak up on his own behalf since he became a professional boxer," Iole wrote. "One would have to be a fool to believe this."
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Israel Adesanya, Adam Wieczorek, Davi Ramos, Karl Roberson, Jake Matthews,Kenan Song

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby bruins2012 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Floyd backed out.

Told you it was a work.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor Champion

Postby TFlock » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:11 am

They couldn’t pay him what he wanted so he got the fuck out
November B League Fantasy Team
Patricio Freire
Luis Pena
Khalil Rountree
Kirill Sidelnikov
Rashad Coulter
Francis Ngannou

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby JTuck34 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:42 am

Well that's fucking disappointing. I was really looking forward to that.

Maybe like a one leg kick allowed per round type of thing. That sounds fair.
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:02 am

I am so tired of the fake fight talks blah blah blah, man fuck all this BS. Create your own super fight like Nick vs Anderson 2 or Khabib vs GSP/Askren. Nobody wants to see that shit GDAMN!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby jjmmajkd » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:03 am

I would like to see floyd box at Rizin in his weight class, against another boxer...but I get why he is doing exhibition bouts, mo money no record
jjmmajkd
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: First "Guess da Linka" Champion
WAG Champion
First Video Mod
Served on the front lines during the "Asian Invasion"
Made the Zuffa Video Threads
Banned 6RANDON1POSEY9

Postby robdogj » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:05 am

I feel at fault here - I believe TMT is on Linker & saw the Tenshin highlight video - I will take the blame for scaring Money Mayweather - sorry yaw
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby willmma » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:59 pm

robdogj wrote:I feel at fault here - I believe TMT is on Linker & saw the Tenshin highlight video - I will take the blame for scaring Money Mayweather - sorry yaw

All is forgiven
willmma
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Formerly known as: willmma
June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Jan. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby philphan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:28 pm

willmma wrote:
robdogj wrote:I feel at fault here - I believe TMT is on Linker & saw the Tenshin highlight video - I will take the blame for scaring Money Mayweather - sorry yaw

All is forgiven

:lol: truth
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Israel Adesanya, Adam Wieczorek, Davi Ramos, Karl Roberson, Jake Matthews,Kenan Song

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:30 pm

So now it might be back on.....they are saying a 3 minute round, 3 round, boxing exhibition with no headgear and what not is the current plan

Fucking eh Rizin :lol: :lol:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/floyd-may ... h-no-kicks

I would not be shocked if this was the plan all along and TMT and Rizin decided for Mayweather to denounce the idea on twitter when he arrived back in the USA as a way to hype it up. Who knows

Silly shit all around really
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby PBells » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:35 pm

I don't even know what to type at this point. :lol:

I guess we'll just wait and see what actually happens
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby SpeakEasy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:47 pm

I assume rizin was really pushing for a mixed round fight
Rd 1: boxing
Rd 2: kickboxing
Rd 3: probably doesn't happen but could do standup + takedowns with no subs or ground strikes
Had Mayweather accepted even one round of kickboxing with Ten my respect for him wouldve skyrocketed.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby JonB » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:48 pm

https://muaythaiauthority.com/floyd-may ... K0LBzM4jpU Looks like it's just a nine-round boxing exhibition. Meh...
JonB
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Previous

Return to MMA Discussion