Close
Login
Register

**Khabib Threatens to Quit the UFC**

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: **Khabib Threatens to Quit the UFC**

Postby PainDog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:19 am

Now, Chuck Liddell, one of the best known figures in UFC history, has weighed in with what he thinks should happen.

In a statement posted on his official Instagram page, Liddell was full of praise for Khabib — and spoke of Conor in far less glowing terms, specifically calling him out for "threats against a family, religion or nation".

"There we have it. Speaking out like a true Champ and fighter. This isn’t about the money for @khabib_nurmagomedov its about principle. It’s sounds crazy but sometimes in life somethings are not negotiable. I know that stands true for me. What those things are for me in my life may or may not be the same as Khabib. Perspective is incredibly important.

"I am not excusing his actions (as a known fighter and role model for many people I was embarrassed by what happened). I don’t want to see our sport turn into what people in the beginning thought was barbaric, however, I do agree that we fighters must hold ourselves to a higher standard and treat people with basic respect. I started out on the street and even in the street we all know there are things you just don’t touch.

"When you involve threats against a family, religion or nation you are playing with fire. Those things are sacred. I would never do it. That is principle for me. And regarding what happened between both guys the world has watched it and it all started before they got to the ring. It is extremely unfair for Khabib or any of his team to be treated or disciplined any differently than Conor would be.

"Conor should be fined and suspended if Khabib is. And the same goes with holding his purse. Why is Zubaira’s fight being canceled? He defended his brother like any real fighter would do!? Conor threw at least 2 punches before anyone went after him. How wrong have things gone? Is money making us blind?

"These guys are fighters and this is what they do. The institution has blurred the lines. They sell out for ratings and big pay days. Certain fighters have a carte Blanche to do what they want and get away with minimal penalties. Us fighters know once you “cross the line” all bets are off. Well here we are, Khabib is staying true to the fight game. It’s not about money it’s about respect and integrity."
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:31 am

DeceptaCon wrote:
philphan wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:Nathan Diaz
@NateDiaz209
4h
@danawhite
please let kabobs dumbass friend stay in
@ufc
Fire me it will be bettter this way.
I think it’s more fair that way

I agree, fire Nate.

:lol:

Spoiler:
I just want his ass back in the cage man. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.

Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Jon Jones, Amanda Nunes. Charles Oliveira, Thiago Santos

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:36 am

philphan wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
philphan wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:Nathan Diaz
@NateDiaz209
4h
@danawhite
please let kabobs dumbass friend stay in
@ufc
Fire me it will be bettter this way.
I think it’s more fair that way

I agree, fire Nate.

:lol:

Spoiler:
I just want his ass back in the cage man. :mrgreen:

The Diaz brothers vs The Pitbull bros in Bellator.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 am

PainDog wrote:Now, Chuck Liddell, one of the best known figures in UFC history, has weighed in with what he thinks should happen.

In a statement posted on his official Instagram page, Liddell was full of praise for Khabib — and spoke of Conor in far less glowing terms, specifically calling him out for "threats against a family, religion or nation".

"There we have it. Speaking out like a true Champ and fighter. This isn’t about the money for @khabib_nurmagomedov its about principle. It’s sounds crazy but sometimes in life somethings are not negotiable. I know that stands true for me. What those things are for me in my life may or may not be the same as Khabib. Perspective is incredibly important.

"I am not excusing his actions (as a known fighter and role model for many people I was embarrassed by what happened). I don’t want to see our sport turn into what people in the beginning thought was barbaric, however, I do agree that we fighters must hold ourselves to a higher standard and treat people with basic respect. I started out on the street and even in the street we all know there are things you just don’t touch.

"When you involve threats against a family, religion or nation you are playing with fire. Those things are sacred. I would never do it. That is principle for me. And regarding what happened between both guys the world has watched it and it all started before they got to the ring. It is extremely unfair for Khabib or any of his team to be treated or disciplined any differently than Conor would be.

"Conor should be fined and suspended if Khabib is. And the same goes with holding his purse. Why is Zubaira’s fight being canceled? He defended his brother like any real fighter would do!? Conor threw at least 2 punches before anyone went after him. How wrong have things gone? Is money making us blind?

"These guys are fighters and this is what they do. The institution has blurred the lines. They sell out for ratings and big pay days. Certain fighters have a carte Blanche to do what they want and get away with minimal penalties. Us fighters know once you “cross the line” all bets are off. Well here we are, Khabib is staying true to the fight game. It’s not about money it’s about respect and integrity."

Chuck knows whats up.
the-day-after-tomorrow-t139354.html
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby ryotostpierre » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:21 am

Different state different situations entirely. If NYSAC wants to suspend Conor I would have understood it and supported it. He acted like an ass and what he did was dangerous, though for anyone who wants to pull the 'they were just defending each other and their country' card that is what fueled some of Cnnor's shit too. I also have not seen that anyone who actually attacked the bus aside from Conor has a contract with the UFC.

Khabib's teammates should not have entered the octagon when he jumped out so regardless of what happened in it they are already in the wrong. If they have such discipline and sense of respect they should have remained out of it or just took care of their guy outside of the ring. The UFC should let them try and come back, they don't even have to lift a finger now. As long as a criminal charge lands on these guys they will likely never get a visa again. I am not trying to be racist or prejudicial about it but honestly a criminal from Russia who also happens to be a Muslim and (if they wanted to say get a visa before we'll book you) no corporate backer or sponsor here in the US, has a much bleaker chance of getting a work visa again. There is a hands-off way they could play this but at the same time coming out and scolding them for their involvement to distance the sport from that kind of shit is honestly the right thing to do. As a business it is hard to completely do the same to McGregor unless he makes a HUGE mess that outweighs the money and fans he brings in. It definitely muddies their integrity but they have to find a balance and it looks like for them taking out minor players as punishment is the way to go.

If Khabib wants to sit out then retire or fight Diaz in a closed gym somewhere.

PS: Chael went to some of the very same lengths and Anderson SIlva just beat him up and was pretty civil afterward. An entire nation of ravenous fans who have dismembered referees let Sonnen walk back out of Brazil, so would it really be so hard to leave the lesson at chocking Conor out? I would give him more credit if he just went Babalu on that and held it for an extra couple seconds.
RSP bitches!
ryotostpierre
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby Darklord » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:24 am

Khabib has the power here....27-0 and current UFC LW Champion, I mean he could name his price to Scott Coker and be on the Bellator roster this afternoon.

Who wants to see Khabib vs. Micheal Chandler?!
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby MurderfaceMMA » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:26 am

DeceptaCon wrote:
PainDog wrote:Now, Chuck Liddell, one of the best known figures in UFC history, has weighed in with what he thinks should happen.

Chuck knows whats up.
the-day-after-tomorrow-t139354.html

Everyone knows what Conor does. His shit talking is legendary. He became the richest MMA fighter ever because of this ability. Now, anyone who fights him also makes a pile of money because his mouth brings so attention to his fights, which is why EVERYONE calls out Conor. EVERYONE wants to fight Conor and be rich. You cant suddenly be angry because his shit talking gets under your skin when he promotes your fight. Thats why you fought him in the first place.
MurderfaceMMA
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:10 am

MurderfaceMMA wrote:Everyone knows what Conor does. His shit talking is legendary. He became the richest MMA fighter ever because of this ability. Now, anyone who fights him also makes a pile of money because his mouth brings so attention to his fights, which is why EVERYONE calls out Conor. EVERYONE wants to fight Conor and be rich. You cant suddenly be angry because his shit talking gets under your skin when he promotes your fight. Thats why you fought him in the first place.

Honestly I think everyone involved in this, Dana, Conor, and Khabib are rather pleased.

I am not saying Conor is happy he lost, but the brawl after the fight has taken away most of the attention of the actual fight and the one sided beating he took.

Now a rematch is almost certain and likely to be bigger than the first, which is already the biggest MMA event of all time.

Khabib has doubled his Instagram followers and became a bit of an international hero.

Personally I don't like what happened, and I am a bit disappointed in Khabib. I wish the LW division could have moved on from Conor...but that definitely isnt going to happen now.

Tony Ferguson is likely to lose the most out of this...and is probably the only one who is really going to lose out of the entire ordeal.
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby MurderfaceMMA » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:18 am

PainDog wrote:
MurderfaceMMA wrote:Everyone knows what Conor does. His shit talking is legendary. He became the richest MMA fighter ever because of this ability. Now, anyone who fights him also makes a pile of money because his mouth brings so attention to his fights, which is why EVERYONE calls out Conor. EVERYONE wants to fight Conor and be rich. You cant suddenly be angry because his shit talking gets under your skin when he promotes your fight. Thats why you fought him in the first place.

Honestly I think everyone involved in this, Dana, Conor, and Khabib are rather pleased.

I am not saying Conor is happy he lost, but the brawl after the fight has taken away most of the attention of the actual fight and the one sided beating he took.

Now a rematch is almost certain and likely to be bigger than the first, which is already the biggest MMA event of all time.

Khabib has doubled his Instagram followers and became a bit of an international hero.

Personally I don't like what happened, and I am a bit disappointed in Khabib. I wish the LW division could have moved on from Conor...but that definitely isnt going to happen now.

Tony Ferguson is likely to lose the most out of this...and is probably the only one who is really going to lose out of the entire ordeal.

I actually think Tony has a very good chance at beating Khabib. Khabibs style was a terrible match up for Conor, but Tony's style will present more problems for Khabib.
MurderfaceMMA
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:34 am

PainDog wrote:

Very good point Paindog sir.

The brawl has already shielded attention away from Conor basically bitching out for 20 minutes :lol:

Bitched out when he didn't fight the hands and taped to a face crank, was not even a choke :lol: :lol:
Bitched out when he told Khabib "pwwwease sir it was just business! stop hurting me! it was just business pwwwwease" between rounds 3 and 4
Bitched out when he....
Grabbed Khabib's gloves
Grabbed Khabib's shorts
Elbowed the back of Khabib's head
Kneed Khabib to the head when flat on his back in side control
Grabbed the fence
Grabbed the fence with his toes.
etc.

The brawl really serves Conor the best. Now nobody is talking about that pathetic display of cheating and total lack of heart.

It serves Tony the worst because Dana will either set up an instant rematch with Khabib for Conor or strip Khabib, give the belt to Conor and have him either rematch Diaz or potentially Siver in a non title defense fight while Tony fights guys like Gatheje, Lee and Barboza.

Seriously has anyone ever committed so many fouls in one fight and never got a point taken away in UFC history? :lol: It is pathetic really.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:51 am

Khabib trolling the WWE now, talking about fake wrestling and jumping in the cage to fight Lesnar. He is making a point with Dana, DC and Lesnar about their double standards. I hope Khabib tells Dana to fuck off and fights Tony in an iced up street fight in Dagestan.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PainDog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:05 pm

MurderfaceMMA wrote:
PainDog wrote:

I actually think Tony has a very good chance at beating Khabib. Khabibs style was a terrible match up for Conor, but Tony's style will present more problems for Khabib.

I mean arguably Conor is a worse match up for Tony than Khabib is.

Tony likes to engage standing and is very hittable, he gets dropped in nearly every fight. Maybe Conor has the accuracy and power to actually stop him.

Against Khabib I have no doubt Tony is a tougher match up than Conor. Tony is one of the very few fighters that are offensive threats off of their backs. He might be the only fighter that is consistently dangerous with strikes off of his back.
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby PainDog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Very good point Paindog sir.

The brawl has already shielded attention away from Conor basically bitching out for 20 minutes :lol:

Bitched out when he didn't fight the hands and taped to a face crank, was not even a choke :lol: :lol:
Bitched out when he told Khabib "pwwwease sir it was just business! stop hurting me! it was just business pwwwwease" between rounds 3 and 4
Bitched out when he....
Grabbed Khabib's gloves
Grabbed Khabib's shorts
Elbowed the back of Khabib's head
Kneed Khabib to the head when flat on his back in side control
Grabbed the fence
Grabbed the fence with his toes.
etc.

The brawl really serves Conor the best. Now nobody is talking about that pathetic display of cheating and total lack of heart.

It serves Tony the worst because Dana will either set up an instant rematch with Khabib for Conor or strip Khabib, give the belt to Conor and have him either rematch Diaz or potentially Siver in a non title defense fight while Tony fights guys like Gatheje, Lee and Barboza.

Seriously has anyone ever committed so many fouls in one fight and never got a point taken away in UFC history? :lol: It is pathetic really.

Herb Dean was terrible and so were the commentators.

I don't see how anyone gave McGregor round three when he spent the last few minutes with his hands buried in Khabib's gloves.

Khabib started to talk to Dana before Conor kneed him when he was on his back.
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby PBells » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 pm

PainDog wrote:Herb Dean was terrible and so were the commentators.

I don't see how anyone gave McGregor round three when he spent the last few minutes with his hands buried in Khabib's gloves.

Khabib started to talk to Dana before Conor kneed him when he was on his back.

There was some real fuckery going on during that whole thing. Commentary, referee, judges, Dana, pretty much organization-wide. :radioactive:
There can only be one...
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby willmma » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:21 pm

ryotostpierre wrote:Different state different situations entirely. If NYSAC wants to suspend Conor I would have understood it and supported it. He acted like an ass and what he did was dangerous, though for anyone who wants to pull the 'they were just defending each other and their country' card that is what fueled some of Cnnor's shit too. I also have not seen that anyone who actually attacked the bus aside from Conor has a contract with the UFC.

Khabib's teammates should not have entered the octagon when he jumped out so regardless of what happened in it they are already in the wrong. If they have such discipline and sense of respect they should have remained out of it or just took care of their guy outside of the ring. The UFC should let them try and come back, they don't even have to lift a finger now. As long as a criminal charge lands on these guys they will likely never get a visa again. I am not trying to be racist or prejudicial about it but honestly a criminal from Russia who also happens to be a Muslim and (if they wanted to say get a visa before we'll book you) no corporate backer or sponsor here in the US, has a much bleaker chance of getting a work visa again. There is a hands-off way they could play this but at the same time coming out and scolding them for their involvement to distance the sport from that kind of shit is honestly the right thing to do. As a business it is hard to completely do the same to McGregor unless he makes a HUGE mess that outweighs the money and fans he brings in. It definitely muddies their integrity but they have to find a balance and it looks like for them taking out minor players as punishment is the way to go.

If Khabib wants to sit out then retire or fight Diaz in a closed gym somewhere.

PS: Chael went to some of the very same lengths and Anderson SIlva just beat him up and was pretty civil afterward. An entire nation of ravenous fans who have dismembered referees let Sonnen walk back out of Brazil, so would it really be so hard to leave the lesson at chocking Conor out? I would give him more credit if he just went Babalu on that and held it for an extra couple seconds.

I agree with most of what you said. I would have much preferred he take a higher road. Flip them off after besting Conor and that's it. I don't agree with jumping the fence, that was dumb and disappointing.

But I also consider the brawl inside the cage to be a separate incident. When Conor decided to attack the cornermen, imo, they are justified to jump in and attack him back to defend one of their own.
willmma
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Formerly known as: willmma
June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Jan. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion