Close
Login
Register

Did Kabib out strike Conor

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: Did Kabib out strike Conor

Postby PBells » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:12 pm

DreadLobster wrote:Remember when Anik said McGregor was arguably the best striker the UFC has ever seen??

:lol:

Commentary was actually really good until the main event where all 3 guys promptly went full retard. :lol:
There can only be one...
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:20 pm

PBells wrote:
DreadLobster wrote:Remember when Anik said McGregor was arguably the best striker the UFC has ever seen??

Commentary was actually really good until the main event where all 3 guys promptly went full retard. :lol:

I normally like Cruz a lot

But when he and Anik were implying Conor was trying to wear out Khabib in the second round by getting smashed with ground and pound in the corner....I lost a bit of respect for Cruz :lol:

When Joe Rogan is the voice of reason and saying no fighter allows themself to get hit like that you knows its a sad state of affairs.

I do not blame Cruz though I am sure it was the panicked UFC producers in his ear piece telling him to say that dumb shit

Woodley tried to repeat it later on the FS1 post fight broadcast and Michael Fucking Bisping of all people was saying no fighters allows themselves to eat ground and pound to "rope a dope" his opponent :lol:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby PBells » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:27 pm

I love Cruz on commentary but he shat the bed big-time with that. Then you have Anik gobbling about how Conor is the best UFC striker ever while Rogan screams "AAAAAOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!" every time Conor whiffs on punches

You're right about the panicked producers, wouldn't be surprised if Dana McMahon was on the production line screaming :lol:
There can only be one...
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
TFlock wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:He for sure got out struck. :tup: We all saw it with our own two eyes. Denying it would be pretty silly really.

Conor did not even win a round.

Oh yeah and he tapped out to a face crank, not even one that was in that deeply either. He was not getting choked, the dude straight up quit :-? :-?

He could not actually fought it off but that would have resulted in him getting taken down and punched more in the 5th

He clearly wanted no more of that

His heart and "get into your head" is so absurdly overrated. Hopefully now people will quit regurgitating how great of a champion heart and will he has

Haha, I also thought it was funny when everyone was talking about how that shit about getting in his head might give Conor a chance :lol: Khabib doesn’t give a fuck. He went there to SMASH Conor and he sure did

It is for sure the most overrated characteristic of a fighter I have heard in awhile. Right up there with Ronda's striking.

Teddy Atlas was talking about Tyson on the Rogan podcast. He was talking about how Mike's intimidation was right up there with Sonny Liston but when he couldn't intimidate his opponent he fought at a way lower level than when he could.

Conor knocked Aldo out because he threw a hell of a counter punch right on the button. It had shit all to do with how he got into Aldo's head. If it was a fight that lasted a few rounds or few minutes we could have seen if Aldo fought outside his character or not. Since it was like 11 seconds anyone saying Aldo was not himself because of Conor's shit talk is simply mythologizing Conor and his shit talk.

first of all ...it was 13 seconds...and saying that it was 11 is at least racist.

Aldo was a bit too aggressive and got caught for that.So maybe those mind games worked a bit.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby spukler » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:13 pm

DreadLobster wrote:
PBells wrote:
dipset52 wrote:Good post meow.

Why are people saying Conor won the third? I don’t remember

Somehow all 3 judges scored the third for Conor. I can kind of see it, he got his striking going for a bit there but nothing of consequence. Maybe it was good that Khabib finished when he did :-?

Because he fought off 2 takedown attempts.

Never mind the fact that the rules explicitly say takedown defense isn't worth anything. Moral victory. 10-9.

Saying someone defended a takedown from Khabib, is like saying he dodged one bullet from a machine gun.
spukler
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby spukler » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Because of the scorecards? I would like to see a slow motion highlight video of the strikes landed, most of Conor's strikes missed or barely grased Khabib. Khabib landed big shots, and was faster than Conor.
spukler
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby DreadLobster » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:58 pm

PBells wrote:

Cruz is typically fantastic. I’m inclined to believe they were all told to favor Conor. Same with herb dean.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby philphan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:05 pm

I'm so fucking high.

Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Jon Jones, Amanda Nunes. Charles Oliveira, Thiago Santos

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Cornbread Mafia » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:19 pm

DreadLobster wrote:
PBells wrote:

Somehow all 3 judges scored the third for Conor. I can kind of see it, he got his striking going for a bit there but nothing of consequence. Maybe it was good that Khabib finished when he did :-?

Because he fought off 2 takedown attempts.

Never mind the fact that the rules explicitly say takedown defense isn't worth anything. Moral victory. 10-9.

I had Conor winning the 3rd based off of stopping the takedowns and being more active standing. To me the official MMA scoring system is useless and should never be used.

Preventing a takedown should score the same amount of points as a takedown does and you should only score points on the ground if you are able to advance position, land gnp, or attempt submissions. If you get a takedown but do nothing with it or if the other fighter is able to get back up almost immediately then both fighters should score the same amount of points.
Getting stoned everyday like Jesus did
Cornbread Mafia
Linker's Pharmacist

Accolades: Former US Champ

Postby philphan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:09 pm

philphan wrote:Image

I'm so fucking high.

Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby philphan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 pm

I'm so fucking high.

Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Postby tsarlaider » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:47 am

I d say that is not fair to answer given the fact that Conor would have to worry for a takedown at any given moment.

That said he did.

Would he outstrike him in a kick boxing fight? Seems unlikely.

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Jan. & Feb. & Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:19 am

philphan wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: @proper fags

Thats trademarked by Frag :lol:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby MurderfaceMMA » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Mr Meow wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:

He has to be one of them when 18 of his 21 wins are KOs/TKOs. :lol:
MurderfaceMMA
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:01 pm

MurderfaceMMA wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:

He has to be one of them when 18 of his 21 wins are KOs/TKOs. :lol:

What a charmingly simple minded way to look at it.

Conor is not a better striker than
Bas Rutten
Cro Cop
Hunto
Maurice Smith
Patrick Smith
Aldo
Adesayna
Silva
Shevchenko
Nunes
Silva
Daley
Schilt
Rizzo
Mousasi
etc etc

So yes he is one of the best strikers in ufc history only if you ignore all the ones who clearly are better

Cyborg has 17 wins out of 20 via tko. Virtually identical percentage to Conor. She also has yet to get out struck by "a wrestler only" like Khabib in Conor's words too actually come to think of it. Or get out struck by a girl outside of the top 5 at the time as well (like Mcgregor Nate I)

Notice how I did not list her as a better striker than Conor....being a good striker has more to do than simply a KO percentage :lol: :lol: I figured that really was something that did not need to be explicitly stated :lol:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion