Close
Login
Register

Official Discussion: Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Who ya got?

Fedor
82%
Chael
18%

Total votes : 11

Re: Official Discussion: Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen

Postby PBells » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Like a fish :lol:

Fuck Chael
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:56 pm

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The world makes sense again. Great turn out in chat, so much fun gentlemen. Come next weekend also. Fun as always.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Dominick Reyes, Ryan Bader, Volkan Oezdemir and Ryan LaFlare

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby PainDog » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Fedor :hand1:
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby TheMadTitan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:03 am

PBells wrote:
TheMadTitan wrote:My prediction is that Sonnen will turtle-shell within 45 seconds of the 1st rd.

This. I think it will be a repeat of the Rashad fight, complete with Chael flopping like a fish

Sonnen always been a jobber. Thank God Fedor didn’t lose this fight LOL not really excited to see him fight Bader next but it is what it is.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

TheMadTitan
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:09 am

TheMadTitan wrote:
PBells wrote:
TheMadTitan wrote:My prediction is that Sonnen will turtle-shell within 45 seconds of the 1st rd.

This. I think it will be a repeat of the Rashad fight, complete with Chael flopping like a fish

Sonnen always been a jobber. Thank God Fedor didn’t lose this fight LOL not really excited to see him fight Bader next but it is what it is.

Not sure why Chael gave up his top position and rolled over but it doesn't matter because.
Spoiler:
Fedor
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PBells » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:12 am

TheMadTitan wrote:
PBells wrote:

Definitely. Bader will most likely win but I'll be rooting for Fedor the entire time. If Fedor had to lost to anyone in this damn tournament at least it's someone respectable
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby kezzaman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:11 am

You guys love Fedor so much you are blind to the fact that Chael clearly threw the fight
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:20 am

kezzaman wrote:You guys love Fedor so much you are blind to the fact that Chael clearly threw the fight

He was trying to do this and failed miserably:

Wouldn't be the first time that Chael did something dumb that cost him a big fight. Wouldn't be the fifth time either :lol:
PBells

Postby DreadLobster » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:06 am

Chael "The Turtle" Sonnen showing off his signature move.

Fucking quitter. Anyone who ever at any point bought into him being "tough" is a fucking dolt.

Its so sad that I have to admit I was worried he'd find a way to do something like he did to Shogun. But he's definitely spineless... win, lose or draw. He's got no heart, and I scarcely consider him a fighter.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:07 am

I'm noticing a trend lately... Great Russian fighters shutting the mouths of noise making cocksuckers. We can only hope there's a Russian at WW who'll do the same to Colby Cuntington.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby DreadLobster » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:09 am

PainDog wrote:....on second thought I hope Fedor chokes out Chael jumps over the cage and starts beating the fuck out of Ariel Helwani...and then the two Russian Orthodox priest guys that hang out with Fedor rush the cage and start beating the shit out of Chael.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby DreadLobster » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:10 am

blackmetalcarson wrote:I'm noticing a trend lately... Great Russian fighters shutting the mouths of noise making cocksuckers. We can only hope there's a Russian at WW who'll do the same to Colby Cuntington.

:tup:
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:28 am

Also, Benson Henderson can shut the fuck up about Khabib's antics. He knows damn well that he could never be good enough to even consider a fight with Khabib. Stay in Bellator where the competition's easier.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby KARHU-III » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 am

<3
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby Cornbread Mafia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:57 am

DreadLobster wrote:Chael "The Turtle" Sonnen showing off his signature move.

Fucking quitter. Anyone who ever at any point bought into him being "tough" is a fucking dolt.

Its so sad that I have to admit I was worried he'd find a way to do something like he did to Shogun. But he's definitely spineless... win, lose or draw. He's got no heart, and I scarcely consider him a fighter.

I wouldn't say Chael has no heart. He is definitely someone who gives up after a little bit of adversity and looks for a way out without taking a whole lot of damage but it takes some balls to sign on the dotted line to fight in a HW GP when you are a MW who can't take the Mexican supplements that made you a good fighter anymore.

The fight last night was over 5 seconds in when Fedor hit him with the first punch and Sonnen dropped but he still tried for 4 and a half more minutes before he turtled up because he didn't want to have to start the next round standing up. I don't think there are too many MW's out there who would sign up to fight Rampage and Fedor even if they are both over the hill now so I respect Chael for that and I like listening to his podcast every so often because it reminds me of old school pro wrestling when I was just a growing boy.
Getting stoned everyday like Jesus did
Cornbread Mafia
Linker's Pharmacist

Accolades: Former US Champ

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion