Close
Login
Register

Its time to admit. . . .

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Its time to admit. . . .

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:26 pm

That Tyron Woodley would beat the shit out of a prime GSP. Both fighters have a great body of work and have both fought all top competition. IMO Tyron has faced a lot tougher/larger fighters and finishes people in devastating fashion. Props for GSP beating Bisping at 185 but Woodley has surpassed GSP talent-wise. Woodley fights just as smart as GSP but takes less damage and finishes tougher/larger fighters.
Spoiler:
Last edited by DeceptaCon on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Its time to admit. . . .

Postby Spiderman » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Interesting. He easily beats a prime Fedor if the fight is not fixed by the Yakuza; however, GSP.... It's very close.
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand - he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard."

10-10-1 sigbetting record

FEDOR SUCKS!!!!!

War Anderson, War Showtime, War Hunt
Spiderman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: Sep. 2016, Nov. 2016, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Spiderman wrote:Interesting. He easily beats a prime Fedor if the fight is not fixed by the Yakuza; however, GSP.... It's very close.

:lol: :lol:
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby SpeakEasy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Spiderman wrote:Interesting. He easily beats a prime Fedor if the fight is not fixed by the Yakuza; however, GSP.... It's very close.

Its such an honour to have you be a part of the linker community Mr. Sonnen.

And no, I'm sorry.
There is no possible way to know it but I think its incredulous to claim Woodley not only would beat prime GSP but Woodley also has had the tougher fights.
A prime GSP vs Woodley of the same time period isn't even a contest, gsp would pitter patter TWood for 25 minutes or would finish him as Twood got drained.
You must be EXTREMELY high on Till if you think Woodley has a more impressive resumè, I wont even waste time arguing that ludicrous claim.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby philphan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm

SpeakEasy wrote:

And no, I'm sorry.
There is no possible way to know it but I think its incredulous to claim Woodley not only would beat prime GSP but Woodley also has had the tougher fights.
A prime GSP vs Woodley of the same time period isn't even a contest, gsp would pitter patter TWood for 25 minutes or would finish him as Twood got drained.
You must be EXTREMELY high on Till if you think Woodley has a more impressive resumè, I wont even waste time arguing that ludicrous claim.

and I really like Till.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Israel Adesanya, Adam Wieczorek, Davi Ramos, Karl Roberson, Jake Matthews,Kenan Song

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:57 pm

SpeakEasy wrote:

And no, I'm sorry.

GSP beat mostly fat LWs or smaller WWs, He fetired before the bigger opponents came knocking at his door. Riggs and Condit almost beat him, Woodley has fought bigger more athletic/explosive guys.and still finished them.
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Postby philphan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:03 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
SpeakEasy wrote:

And no, I'm sorry.

GSP beat mostly fat LWs or smaller WWs, He fetired before the bigger opponents came knocking at his door. Riggs and Condit almost beat him, Woodley has fought bigger more athletic/explosive guys.and still finished them.

As a champ Woodley has a Draw, a majority decision, an unanimous decision , and a submission. 1/4 so far.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Israel Adesanya, Adam Wieczorek, Davi Ramos, Karl Roberson, Jake Matthews,Kenan Song

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:16 pm

philphan wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
SpeakEasy wrote:

And no, I'm sorry.

As a champ Woodley has a Draw, a majority decision, an unanimous decision , and a submission. 1/4 so far.

And everyone of those guys would have mauled GSP except for maybe Maia. Half of GSP's fights were against real LWs :lol:
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Postby SpeakEasy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Pete spratt, mayhem, hieron, bisping, Hughes, Hendricks, trigg, koshcheck, hardy, shields, condit and Diaz are definitely small guys.
Menjivar, Penn and Serra were definitely undersized but had Woodley been competing in the same era in the same area his resumè would have a couple mismatches like that.
Alves tried 155 and we saw how that went but I assume you count that one too.
I'm not even a GSP fan, I'm just also not a fucking retard.
28 fights, 4 against undersized opponents, Con needs to take his shoes off and get his mom to help him figure this math out.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:44 pm

SpeakEasy wrote:Image

Pete spratt, mayhem, hieron, bisping, Hughes, Hendricks, trigg, koshcheck, hardy, shields, condit and Diaz are definitely small guys.
Menjivar, Penn and Serra were definitely undersized but had Woodley been competing in the same era in the same area his resumè would have a couple mismatches like that.
Alves tried 155 and we saw how that went but I assume you count that one too.
I'm not even a GSP fan, I'm just also not a fucking retard.
28 fights, 4 against undersized opponents, Con needs to take his shoes off and get his mom to help him figure this math out.

:lol: :lol: GSP never fought Rory so that would have been the main measuring stick. All I'm saying its a good thing GSP vacated the WW division when he did, GSP could have easily came back fought Woodley for the title again, why do you think he didn't? This is not some BS hypothetical situation that could have never happened due to different eras, they were in the same era and GSP came back to fight Bisping not Woodley b/c he knew Tyron would have slept him.
Spoiler:
Its time to admit. . .

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
“Maybe after if I fight Bisping and UFC wants me, maybe I fight Woodley. But, as it is now, they want me to fight Whittaker,” he added.
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/8/15/1614 ... onents-mma
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Postby slevin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:35 pm

This would be an interesting match up, I feel in some cases that Tyron could do what Koscheck couldn't and be able to slip the jab and land that power punch. But Woodley struggled with Rory, and imo Rory is a lesser version of GSP. GSP could cut off Tyron use his jab and clinch with Tyron to possibly fatigue him. GSP has never had issues with cutting people off, and I think that is Woodley's kryptonite. We havent seen Woodley fight a good ring cutter with tdd since Rory, and GSP is one of the best ones in the WW division. I can see either guy winning but GSP would have my vote if both were at their best. I think Woodley would win now, bc I don't know if GSP is at his best anymore.

I am interested in Woodley vs. Leon Edwards, I am not sure how much a a Covington or an Usman can challenge Woodley. I think Edwards is rounded enough and has good enough striking to do so. Tho Edwards has a bad habit of clinching.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby jblaze » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:41 pm

I would have liked to see Woodley vs Prime Fedor. A GSP fight could have went either way. Now there is a reason GSP won't take that fight.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:47 pm

woodley vs Lawler,rematch

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:51 pm

jblaze wrote:I would have liked to see Woodley vs Prime Fedor. A GSP fight could have went either way. Now there is a reason GSP won't take that fight.

You know at first when GSP said he was coming back I thought he could beat Woodley for the same reasons as Slevin stated but after the way he flipped the script and wanted to fight Bisping I think he was scared of Tyron's power. If Riggs could beat up GSP and slip his jab just think what Woodley would have done. Hopefully GSP will change his mind and fight Woodley for his belt back.
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Postby defenceman1845 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:15 pm

"be the shit out of" eh?
defenceman1845
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion