Close
Login
Register

More excited for colb vs wood than

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

More excited for colb vs wood than

Postby asdfghjkl » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:23 pm

I feel more excited for colby vs woodley than Canner vs khabib it seems like.

Colby is a funny dude to me. He says stupid idiot shit, but its so ridiculously comical that im actually wanting to see this fight more. The back and forth will be hilarious and the fight might actually be an entertaining one.

Canner vs khabib seems to be not even that big of a deal anymore. Hardly any promotion and i actually dont even like mcdouche anymore. I could care less if he ever faught again. The fight is probably going to be pretty uneventful and i also feel like it wont be the best selling ufc ppv. Not enough promotion and like i said im not as interested as i feel i should be.

Am i the only one?
asdfghjkl
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Re: More excited for colb vs wood than

Postby JayKoz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:04 pm

I think woodley beats colby pretty easily. Better mma wrestling, striking, way more experience, faster and definantly more powerful. The only thing colby has a big advantage in probably cardio but woodleys isnt bad. Khabib vs conor is more of a toss up so i look forward to that more :tup:
JayKoz
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion (2x) 2018

Postby PBells » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:25 am

I have a hard time hating Colby because 1) his shtick is blatantly obvious and therefore easy to ignore, and 2) I suspect he has several mental impairments so in the end it wouldn't be fair.

If Tyron starches him Till-style, that would be cool. :tup:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:54 am

PBells wrote:I have a hard time hating Colby because 1) his shtick is blatantly obvious and therefore easy to ignore, and 2) I suspect he has several mental impairments so in the end it wouldn't be fair.

:lol: :lol:

You have to be pretty mentally impaired if you shoot in for a panic takedown against kickboxer Warley fucking Alves, yes the guy who just got knocked the fuck out by THE James Krause, and get choked out with a basic guillotine and then call yourself the "King of Brazil" :lol: :lol:

Colby is the dollar store version of Kamaru Usman. In pretty much every facet of the game except for corny shit talking. Woodley will mow right through him then respond to the dms Colby's sister shot his way a few months ago :tup:
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby Darklord » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:06 am

I hear ya, its hard to get excited for Khabib/Conor when you realize it's an "unofficial title fight", the UFC is just promoting fake champions to sell tickets.... they don't even try to hide their snakey business strategies anymore :?

What I am picking up from that fight is that Conor is hiding from the media, ala Rousey before her downfall. Conor hasn't fought MMA in TWO years and he just isn't "hungry" anymore. Khabib should ragdoll him and possibly get a TKO. But, yes, I am looking right past this fight and waiting for the Lightweight belt to be unified.
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:01 pm

I just want to see 100% Usman vs Colby or 100% Woodly vs Colby. Usman vs Woodly might be too deadly for the division.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Oldtoby420 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Common it's pretty obvious Woodley is gonna do w/e he can for as long as he can to avoid fighting Colby or anyone for that matter & when he does fight again he'll claim he wants to fight someone else besides Colby or that Colby & So n So should fight for the honor to fight him or claim some injury. Woodley will no doubt do the same exact bs he's been doing & that's do w/e he can to avoid fighting for as long as he can to keep the belt as long as he can w/o defending it. Sadly this seems to be a popular thing "Champs" are doing now days just some are more blatantly obvious about it then others.
"Heh who needs lessons you already bought us black belts!"
-Gumball , The Amazing World of Gumball
Oldtoby420
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Oldtoby420 wrote:Common it's pretty obvious Woodley is gonna do w/e he can for as long as he can to avoid fighting Colby or anyone for that matter & when he does fight again he'll claim he wants to fight someone else besides Colby or that Colby & So n So should fight for the honor to fight him or claim some injury. Woodley will no doubt do the same exact bs he's been doing & that's do w/e he can to avoid fighting for as long as he can to keep the belt as long as he can w/o defending it. Sadly this seems to be a popular thing "Champs" are doing now days just some are more blatantly obvious about it then others.

??

What are you on about? I am not a Woodley fan but this is far fetched. He does whatever he can to avoid fighting and avoid defending his belt....despite taking part in 5 title fights in a little less than 2 years? So what other fighters have done this in recent UFC memory? Conor is 2 for 2 on defending his UFC belts so I guess other than him nobody else has done this anytime recently in the UFC.

Why would Woodley be scared of Colby? Colby is the easiest matchup for him in the top 5. Perhaps even the top 10. Colby is not nearly as athletic as Woodley, has way worse striking, way worse grappling and his punching power is only effective on Chinese cans with a losing record on the UFC prelims he can make tap out to ground and pound.

So Woodley is hurt and misses action for awhile, while again still participating in 5 title fights in less than 2 years, and he is avoiding fighting by doing so....Colby is offered the fight that Till eventually took and he turns it down...yet that is totally cool and he is not avoiding anyone....that does not seem to be a very consistently applied rationality right there.

You act like Woodley has turned down challengers when defending his strap recently or something.....who did he not fight who was suppose to challenge for his title? Its not like he is pulling a Michael Bisping and defending his belt against 46 year olds with a 2-5 record their past 7 fights then demanding to only fight someone from a weight class down.

Spoiler:
https://www.mmamania.com/2016/11/3/13508046/ufc-michael-bisping-explains-why-hes-too-injured-fight-jacare-souza-but-not-georges-st-pierre-mma

Spoiler:
I am too hurt to fight a fellow middleweight but here is a list of welterweights i will hold out on until i get a chance to defend my belt against :lol:

No offense sir but this post is pretty far fetched. I do not see much if any claims to be true that you made.

I can't fucking believe I am here defending race card Woodley yet here we are :lol: Life is funny like that.
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby jblaze » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:37 pm

I don't think Colby can make it competitive. Honestly I only remember Woodley losing twice that Jake Sheilds decision was bullshit. TRT Marquadt (enough said) and RoryMac also juiced to the gills and was a beast before Lawler broke his nose. Anyway some fighters are dangerous to move forward on. Woodley has that big right hand which even if it doesn't finish guys it usually drops them. Conor and Khabib is way better and I am curious not only for the fight but to see who cracks under the pressure.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby JayKoz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Oldtoby420 wrote:Common it's pretty obvious Woodley is gonna do w/e he can for as long as he can to avoid fighting Colby or anyone for that matter & when he does fight again he'll claim he wants to fight someone else besides Colby or that Colby & So n So should fight for the honor to fight him or claim some injury. Woodley will no doubt do the same exact bs he's been doing & that's do w/e he can to avoid fighting for as long as he can to keep the belt as long as he can w/o defending it. Sadly this seems to be a popular thing "Champs" are doing now days just some are more blatantly obvious about it then others.

Funny because colby was the one who ducked the fight because of his sinuses lmao. Colby will continue to duck woodley i bet, but talk a ton of shit so people think he wants it. Usman would smash colby too .
JayKoz
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion (2x) 2018

Postby Oldtoby420 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:44 am

The fuck if I give a shit bout Colby or would he prob even beat Woodley idk but Woodley has clear as day jaw jacking his way out of fighting the next guys in line that earned their way to a title shot. He just wants to polish his belt while trying to not fight to keep it & this bullshit has been going on far to long with these "Champs" who wana try to pick & choose who is worthy to fight em compared to contenders in the divisions fighting twice or three times as often in a year then them.
"Heh who needs lessons you already bought us black belts!"
-Gumball , The Amazing World of Gumball
Oldtoby420
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:58 am

:roll:
Hipster contrarians. McGregor Vs khabib is less interesting than a colby covington fight? Colby Covington! What fucking planet am on?
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby PBells » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 am

PBells wrote:I have a hard time hating Colby because 1) his shtick is blatantly obvious and therefore easy to ignore, and 2) I suspect he has several mental impairments so in the end it wouldn't be fair.

What I was trying to say here is that Khabib/Conor has me more excited because I'd paid to see Conor get hit by a bus. Khabib losing would fine as well so the only way that fight pisses me off is if it's boring. Colby is boring and not worth hating and my Tyron hate was extinguished last Saturday.

Yeah!
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 am

Oldtoby420 wrote:The fuck if I give a shit bout Colby or would he prob even beat Woodley idk but Woodley has clear as day jaw jacking his way out of fighting the next guys in line that earned their way to a title shot. He just wants to polish his belt while trying to not fight to keep it & this bullshit has been going on far to long with these "Champs" who wana try to pick & choose who is worthy to fight em compared to contenders in the divisions fighting twice or three times as often in a year then them.

:lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby slevin » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:26 am

PBells wrote:

What I was trying to say here is that Khabib/Conor has me more excited because I'd paid to see Conor get hit by a bus. Khabib losing would fine as well so the only way that fight pisses me off is if it's boring. Colby is boring and not worth hating and my Tyron hate was extinguished last Saturday.

Yeah!

I feel the same about Covington, I dont understand fully as to why people are frustrated with him. I don't want to see him become champion, because if he does I think things will spiral out of control. But at the same time I feel like he isn't good enough to back up his talk, and I think he is too obvious and uncreative to get upset over.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion