Close
Login
Register

Official Discussion: UFC Fight Night 136: Hunt vs. Oleinik

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Who ya got?

Hunt
22%
Oleinik
6%
Krylov
28%
Jan
No votes
Shamill
No votes
WARLOVSKI
22%
Pitbull
No votes
Alexey
22%

Total votes : 18

Official Discussion: UFC Fight Night 136: Hunt vs. Oleinik

Postby bruins2012 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:14 pm

SEPTEMBER 15, 2018 | Olympic Stadium | Moscow, Russia

Main Card
UFC Fight Pass, 2 p.m. ET

Mark Hunt vs Aleksei Oleinik
main event

Jan Blachowicz vs Nikita Krylov
co-main event

Shamil Abdurakhimov vs Andrei Arlovski

Thiago Alves vs Alexey Kunchenko

Preliminary Card
UFC Fight Pass, 10:30 a.m. ET

C.B. Dollaway vs Khalid Murtazaliev

Jin Soo Son vs Petr Yan

Kajan Johnson vs Rustam Khabilov

Desmond Green vs Mairbek Taisumov

Magomed Ankalaev vs Marcin Prachnio

Jordan Johnson vs Adam Yandiev

Ramazan Emeev vs Stefan Sekulic

Merab Dvalishvili vs Terrion Ware
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor Champion

Re: Official Discussion: UFC Fight Night 136: Hunt vs. Olein

Postby jjmmajkd » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:32 am

I voted Hunt, Hunto, Super Samoan, and The Doctor
jjmmajkd
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: First "Guess da Linka" Champion
WAG Champion
First Video Mod
Served on the front lines during the "Asian Invasion"
Made the Zuffa Video Threads
Banned 6RANDON1POSEY9

Postby robdogj » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:09 am

I posted out of term - Here is the Legit UFC Moscow Thread - just to make it more legit here is an Aussie & Fancy Breakdown
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby philphan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Come to chat on Saturday morning.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Israel Adesanya, Adam Wieczorek, Davi Ramos, Karl Roberson, Jake Matthews,Kenan Song

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:56 pm

I love a good Saturday morning UFC card. They should do more of these

Even though Taisumov missed weight..I can not weight for his fight tomorrow...te he te he

How the UFC is still allowing Green to fight is beyond me. From the details of the story I have read it seems like the dude fell asleep at the wheel and caused a huge wreck that killed several people.

Olyiinik and Hunt will be fun, someone is going to get finished. Love to see the old vets of the game duke it out. Oliyinik has been in like 15 one night tournaments or some crazy shit like that

Plus Krylovs return, another fight for Petr Yan in the UFC who is about as talented as a guy can be and not be ranked, also Emeev and OG Arlovski and Kuchneko's ufc debut. Can not wait

wahooooooooooooooo
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby robdogj » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Weigh-in Results - Looks all good!!! Only Mairbek Taisumov and Jin Soo Son missed weight

Here are the staredowns
“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
robdogj
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:07 am

Mark Hunt vs. Alexei Oleinik

Mookie Alexander: Well this pretty much all depends on two things: 1.) Can Mark Hunt stop takedowns? And 2.) Is he basically impossible to do weird chokes on due to his neck fat, as Oleinik says? On the feet it should still be Hunt’s pretty clearly, as Oleinik is quite hittable (but ridiculously tough), and Hunt still has enough power and sense of timing that he badly hurt Curtis Blaydes prior to getting dominated. Mark Hunt by TKO, round 2.

Victor Rodriguez: Alex O’s got submission chops and trains with some great heavyweights down at American Top Team, but let’s be real - he’s not gonna shoot a double leg on Hunt. His best chance is trip takedowns and attacks from the clinch, and he’s likely to succeed at that. Hunt has proven he can survive on the ground and make things ugly for grapplers like him, but this also ignores the fact that Oleinik has to close the distance first. That’s where Hunt shines, and he can hit him with a vicious uppercut in the clinch or just blast him with a slick shot over the shoulder to put his lights out. He might be up there in age, but this is a fight that he should be able to ace. Mark Hunt by violence, round 2.

Zane Simon: Oliynyk is essentially an IQ test at this point. He’s still got freakishly long arms and hits hard, but now over 40 and with bad knees it seems like his cardio and defense largely aren’t there. If you clinch up with him and take him down, he’ll submit you. If you do literally anything else... Mark Hunt via KO, round 1.

Staff picking Hunt: Mookie, Phil, Fraser, Dayne, Tim, Victor, Zane
Staff picking Oleinik: Bissell, Nick, Harry, Stephie

Nikita Krylov vs. Jan Blachowicz

Mookie Alexander: Niki Thrillz is back. Hell yeah! Blachowicz might actually be the more technical striker here, and he’s certainly gotten better compared to the Jan from a few years ago. Krylov is still the more well-rounded fighter, and I think he’ll weather an early storm from Blachowicz and then choke him out in the next round. Nikita Krylov by submission, round 2.

Phil Mackenzie: People expect me to pick against the Most Technical Striker In Light Heavyweight History? I refuse. Krylov is a potent finisher and definitely the superior athlete, but relies heavily on opponents being intimidated by his whirlwind offense on the feet, and specifically his weird kicks. If his aggression translated into clinch exchanges I’d be more likely to favour him, but he’s not really much of a wrestler. He can be pushed back by more functional strikers (Tybura) and when he is going backwards his defense is nonexistent. Jab, body kick, Jan Blachowicz by unanimous decision.

Victor Rodriguez: Jan’s recent performances have been better than when he first arrived in the UFC, but Krylov’s got youth, athleticism and some very strong striking on his side. That and the fact that his technique has improved by leaps and bounds since his time away from the UFC. Nikita Krylov by headkick KO, round 2.

Zane Simon: There’s a real chance that Krylov pressures Blachowicz to the cage and picks him apart with a variety of flashy kicks. But, the new Jan tends to fight consistently behind a powerful jab and backs it up with a nice counter game. Krylov is better controlled than he used to be, but is still largely a wild kicker standing without much defense and a mediocre wrestler and poor grappler. I think Jan can pump the jab, hit a couple counters, force a bad shot, and tap Nikki Thrillz out, as much as I hate to say it. Jan Blachowicz via submission round 1.

Staff picking Krylov: Bissell, Nick, Harry, Mookie, Stephie, Fraser, Dayne, Tim, Victor
Staff picking Blachowicz: Phil, Zane

Andrei Arlovski vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov

Mookie Alexander: Arlovski still has pretty good takedown defense and Abdurakhimov isn’t exactly a world-beater on the feet. Yes, he KO’d Chase Sherman… but Chase Sherman knows close to nothing about defense. Arlovski was reasonably competitive with Tai Tuivasa, and has enough craftiness to prevent Abdurakhimov from taking an unbearably ugly fight. Andrei Arlovski by unanimous decision.

Victor Rodriguez: Abdurakhimov fights ugly, and he can start to plod around in spots. Arlovski still has good movement and handspeed, which should serve him well here. If anything, I worry that they’ll be tentative like in Arlovski’s fight against Schaub. I’m getting the impression Andrei batters Shamil for a good bit and pulls away, but is unable to finish him. Andrei Arlovski by decision.

Zane Simon: I guess I expect Shamil’s takedown game to work alright. If it doesn’t, this is a 50/50 fight that Arlovski can easily win on pace and his own wrestling. Shamil Abdurakhimov by decision.

Staff picking Arlovski: Bissell, Nick, Harry, Mookie, Stephie, Phil, Fraser, Dayne, Victor
Staff picking Abdurakhimov: Tim, Zane

Thiago Alves vs. Alexey Kunchenko

Mookie Alexander: Thiago Alves is about to get that M-1 smoke. Alexey Kunchenko by KO, round 1.

Victor Rodriguez: Alves is gonna have a rough night. Kunchenko’s fought international talent, and has seen a bit of everything in his career so far. Alves should be able to get some work in early with leg kicks and a few combinations, but his cardio and fight IQ from moment to moment are such wild cards... I can’t bring myself to picking Alves here. Alexey Kunchenko by decision.

Zane Simon: Realistically, there’s no reason that Alves can’t beat Kunchenko. They’re both 34, so there’s no youth advantage. And Kunchenko’s style is marked by long bouts of inactivity. Still he seems lightning quick, and hasn’t been dulled by a long career of brutal wars and injuries. It may be slow right until the end, but my guess is Kunchenko will find a powerful right hand counter and put Alves out. Alexey Kunchenko via KO, round 2.

Staff picking Alves: Tim
Staff picking Kunchenko: Bissell, Nick, Harry, Mookie, Stephie, Phil, Fraser, Dayne, Victor, Zane

C.B. Dollaway vs. Khalid Murtazaliev

Zane Simon: Much like the Alves bout above, there’s no reason Dollaway can’t win this. Murtazaliev looks like he struggles hard with fighters he can’t take down. His striking consists largely of leg and body kicks combined with a winging overhand right. It works fine if he can follow it up with wrestling, but when he gets stuffed he quickly ends up looking lost standing and a bit winded. Dollaway’s a good wrestler, and likely the more diverse striker. But, Dollaway’s also a decade older and get’s hurt bad if the wind blows the wrong way. Khalid Murtazaliev via TKO round 2.

Staff picking Dollaway: Harry, Fraser, Tim
Staff picking Murtazaliev: Bissell, Nick, Mookie, Stephie, Phil, Dayne, Zane

Petr Yan vs. Jin Soo Son

Mookie Alexander: It’s a bad day coming for you, my good Son. Petr Yan by something violent, round 1.

Victor Rodriguez: I’m still giddy from the Ishihara fight. Yan is the kind of UFC signing that makes me act straight up ignant. PETEY YAMS COMING FOR THE CROWN, FAM. Petr Yan by whatever the hell this is.

Zane Simon: Jin Soo Son’s game seems like it could be good someday, but right now it’s pretty basic. He’s a low volume pressure striker that likes to back people up and line them up for big right hands. But he tends to off balance himself when he throws and can’t do much combination punching because of it. He’s really at his best in the clinch, with a large variety of knees and elbows that he can open up slick angles for. But I can’t see Yan giving him that kind of time. More likely Yan will use Jin Soo’s slow pace to pick him off with big shots, then open up his own counters and combination punching to put him out when he tries to throw that right hand. Petr Yan via KO, round 1.

Staff picking Yan: Bissell, Nick, Harry, Mookie, Stephie, Phil, Fraser, Dayne, Tim, Victor, Zane
Staff picking Son:

Kajan Johnson vs. Rustam Khabilov

Victor Rodriguez: I don’t know. I know that on paper Khabilov should have the physical and wrestling advantages here, but I smell an upset. Kajan might be able to fluster him standing and start to do damage. Reckless underdog pick incoming. Kajan Johnson by decision.

Zane Simon: Much like the fight with Makhachev, Johnson’s backfoot counter-striking seems tailor made to give Khabilov all the time and space he needs to set up takedown entries. Rustam Khabilov by decision.

Staff picking Johnson: Bissell, Victor
Staff picking Khabilov: Nick, Harry, Mookie, Stephie, Fraser, Dayne, Tim, Zane

Desmond Green vs. Mairbek Taisumov

Victor Rodriguez: Rough. Des has a slew of personal problems coming into this fight, and Taisumov has been damn near indestructible as of late. If it weren’t for his visa troubles, Taisumov would probably be fighting top ten opposition already. Mairbek Taisumov by TKO, round 2.

Zane Simon: Kind of a mirror to the Johnson/Khabilov fight. Green likes to fight off his back foot, throwing quick counter combos when his opponent steps in. That likely lines up to let Taisumov get creative in open space. Otherwise, Green is occasionally willing to lead, but isn’t exactly a defensive master when he does, which could get him countered hard. Mairbek Taisumov by KO, round 2.

Staff picking Green: Tim
Staff picking Taisumov: Bissell, Nick, Harry, Mookie, Stephie, Phil, Fraser, Dayne, Victor, Zane

Magomed Ankalaev vs. Marcin Prachnio

Victor Rodriguez: Meh. These guys are good, but this might just make for another ass-ugly LHW fight. Uncle Vic ain’t too jazzed about this. Flip a coin. Whatever. I’ll go with the hometown dude. Ankalaev by decision.

Zane Simon: Prachnio is a lot less likely to catch Ankalaev out than even Craig was and every bit as likely to end up on his back getting clubbered from guard. Most likely Prachnio gets countered coming in, taken down, and KO’d, maybe after gassing from scrambling for a bit. Magomed Ankalaev via TKO, Round 1.

Staff picking Ankalaev: Bissell, Nick, Mookie, Stephie, Phil, Fraser, Dayne, Zane
Staff picking Prachnio: Tim

Jordan Johnson vs. Adam Yandiev

Victor Rodriguez: Yo, I get that the UFC likes the hometown guys in favorable matchups for their maiden voyages into international markets and all. Even with a three year break, Yandiev is on a 9 win streak. You know exactly what they’re doing here, and you know what he’s about. This is disgusting. Adam Yandiev by TKO.

Zane Simon: There’s a chance that Yandiev blitzes Johnson out of the gate and puts him away. But the Russian’s reliance on wrestling doesn’t have me convinced. Plus, his long layoff and bricked up physique have me thinking he’ll blitz hard early and then gas out to have a top control clinic put on him. Jordan Johnson via Decision.

Staff picking Johnson: Bissell, Nick, Mookie, Stephie, Phil, Dayne, Tim, Zane
Staff picking Yandiev: Victor

Ramazan Emeev vs. Stefan Sekulic

Victor Rodriguez: The experience gap should win the day here. Emeev by TKO, round 3.

Zane Simon: Sekulic seems like the kind of guy who’s thrived on being UFC sized in a regional scene where nobody else is cutting weight to fight him. Emeev is a lanky former middleweight and a controlling grinder, and likely a huge step up for Sekulic’s well rounded, but not exceptional, game. Ramazan Emeev by decision.

Staff picking Emeev: Bissell, Nick, Mookie, Stephie, Phil, Fraser, Dayne, Tim, Victor, Zane
Staff picking Sekulic: Harry

Merab Dvalishvili vs. Terrion Ware

Victor Rodriguez: An unofficial loser leaves town match? Count me in. Ware should be able to pour on damage early, but Merab will try to mug him the longer the fight goes on with cage clinches and late takedown attempts. It’s not like Ware can’t submit him, I just don’t think he’ll put much stock into that and will try to strike more than anything. Terrion Ware by decision.

Zane Simon: Ware just doesn’t have the physicality to compete with most UFC bantamweights. He’s skilled everywhere, with the ability to wrestle and grapple as well as his combination boxing game. But, he doesn’t have the speed to get his hips back against takedowns at the UFC level, nor the power to scare off less technical strikers standing. Dvalishvili could get himself in trouble if he can’t get Ware down, but likely his continually blitzing power wrestle-boxing game will see Ware physically overwhelmed yet again in the Octagon. Merab Dvalishvili via decision.

Staff picking Dvalishvili: Bissell, Nick, Harry, Mookie, Stephie, Phil, Fraser, Dayne, Tim, Zane
Staff picking Ware: Victor

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor Champion

Postby robdogj » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:49 pm

The shit is jumping off in Moscow right now
robdogj
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby dipset52 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:09 pm

I think Kajan Johnson is a fag but he got fucking robbed. Khabilov did nothing. Johnson 10000% deserved that decision.

CB DOLLOWAY

HOLY SHIT. this guy always gets merked in crazy fashion. Terrible luck. He was dead. Very late stoppage by herb. Like wtf was he doing?

That shit was bad lolol

Here comes the main card
209 Stockton

dipset52
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Oct. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PBells » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Expected much more out of Kunchenko. Don't trust betting lines!
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Fuck mark hunt.

Guys trash
209 Stockton

dipset52

Accolades: Mar. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Aug. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Oct. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:21 pm

dipset52 wrote:Fuck mark hunt.

Guys trash

At least he fights unlike some others I can think of. :roll:
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby dipset52 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:41 pm

blackmetalcarson wrote:
dipset52 wrote:Fuck mark hunt.

Guys trash

At least he fights unlike some others I can think of. :roll:

Lol got me!!!!
209 Stockton

dipset52

Postby slevin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:14 pm

PBells wrote:Expected much more out of Kunchenko. Don't trust betting lines!

Me too, he said he is to fighting 5 round fights, but he looked more tentative in this fight then his last two fights in which he got stoppages. I understand it takes time to set things up, you have to feint, you have read your opponents responses, and know their tendencies. But in those first two rounds I was so annoyed because he wasnt throwing and then comes to third, and he starts to let lose.

I thought Kunchenko was going to drop a decision.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PBells » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:32 pm

^ I would've been fine with 29-28 Alves, thought he got the first two rounds based on effective striking.
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Next

Return to MMA Discussion