Close
Login
Register

Official Discussion: UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Who ya got?

The Eagle
17%
Notorious
13%
El Cucuy
18%
Showtime
6%
Reyes
11%
OSP
10%
The Black Beast
11%
The Russian
15%

Total votes : 72

Re: Official Discussion: UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:12 am

robdogj wrote:
willmma wrote:In Khabib vs Danis
Khabib's feelings: not mentioned
Khabib's thoughts at the moment: not mentioned
Khabib's intent: To hit Danis
Level of violence: MOST VIOLENT SINGLE ATTACK YOU CAN MAKE (really?)
Injury: That Danis was not hurt was not mentioned
Commission and responsibility: A pro fighter attacking a trainer "he set the tone" and "responsible for all drunk fans" (It's ALL his fault, every bad thing that happened that night is his fault)

This McNugget's fan gave me this gem today to show that Dannis got lit up
Like Dewey Cooper was saying, 'words have consequences & people can't just say what they want w/out repercussions'

Danis is such a little bitch :lol:

I remember him saying he would not make his Bellator debut unless it was on ppv, because he was the biggest ppv draw Bellator has (nobody knows who Danis was until this weekend) and then when he made his debut he beat a 2-4 fighter and ran his mouth about he is the best in the world after :lol:

Running your mouth to Khabib during the fight, beckoning him over with hand gestures after the fight, getting concussed and getting your ass kicked from the guy you beckoned over, some serious bitch made shit

Gunnar needs to leave team SBG before he starts getting knocked out and blaming it on phantom eye pokes.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Dammit the SBG faggotry has infected him already too
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby PainDog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:14 am

Artem is the real victim in all of this.

Serves as Conor's bitch probably can't go to Russia in fear of Chechen and Dagestanis killing him...

But I do love seeing Shucks posts....really appreciate the signature; a good sport for sure
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PBells » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:16 am

PainDog wrote:Artem is the real victim in all of this.

Especially if his fight gets cancelled because of Conor a second time
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PainDog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:19 am

PBells wrote:

I assumed it was already cancelled
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PBells » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:21 am

PainDog wrote:
PBells wrote:

Same here, but I haven't seen anything official yet. Still on Tapology and UFC's shitty website for what it's worth
Currently cutting to Welterweight
ETA: May 20th, 2019
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 am

PBells wrote:
PainDog wrote:
PBells wrote:

Same here, but I haven't seen anything official yet. Still on Tapology and UFC's shitty website for what it's worth

Yeah the UFC are waiting to announce officially that it is cancelled until after this weekend so that I do not have both Bellator cards to pick a replacement for Tukhogov from :tup:

Assholes

I heard when Dana was born his Mom wanted a girl and his Dad wanted a boy and both were satisfied.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby MurderfaceMMA » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Serves as Conor's bitch probably can't go to Russia in fear of Chechen and Dagestanis killing him...

But I do love seeing Shucks posts....really appreciate the signature; a good sport for sure

You sure arent painting a very good picture of Chechens and Dagestanis if that's true. Are they really that bad?
MurderfaceMMA
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Shuck » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Outside of the subliminal message of a gentle old man daydreamn of grabbn & eatn a young boys booty.. Quite enjoyn this new sig, needed a fresh look

:beer: 's Pain

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Shuck
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2017 MMALinker Bum of the Year

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
robdogj wrote:
willmma wrote:In Khabib vs Danis
Khabib's feelings: not mentioned
Khabib's thoughts at the moment: not mentioned
Khabib's intent: To hit Danis
Level of violence: MOST VIOLENT SINGLE ATTACK YOU CAN MAKE (really?)
Injury: That Danis was not hurt was not mentioned
Commission and responsibility: A pro fighter attacking a trainer "he set the tone" and "responsible for all drunk fans" (It's ALL his fault, every bad thing that happened that night is his fault)

This McNugget's fan gave me this gem today to show that Dannis got lit up
Like Dewey Cooper was saying, 'words have consequences & people can't just say what they want w/out repercussions'

Danis is such a little bitch :lol:

I remember him saying he would not make his Bellator debut unless it was on ppv, because he was the biggest ppv draw Bellator has (nobody knows who Danis was until this weekend) and then when he made his debut he beat a 2-4 fighter and ran his mouth about he is the best in the world after :lol:

Running your mouth to Khabib during the fight, beckoning him over with hand gestures after the fight, getting concussed and getting your ass kicked from the guy you beckoned over, some serious bitch made shit

Gunnar needs to leave team SBG before he starts getting knocked out and blaming it on phantom eye pokes.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Dammit the SBG faggotry has infected him already too

:lol: :lol: We are living in the Twilight Zone like Shuck says, every media site had the headlines "Dillon Danis is a savage, was spotted later that night alone." I swear four different headlines prefaced his name with "savage" :lol: :lol: Him and Conor must have the same deal with the media that the Kardashians do, I just don't get it :lol:

https://www.mmamania.com/ufc-229-result ... -brawl-mma

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/bri ... 229-brawl/

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/brian-orteg ... lee-203591

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/brian-o ... ght-brawl/
Last edited by DeceptaCon on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby willmma » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:03 pm

I just watched the fight again. It's annoying how much Dominic Cruz was hanging on Conor's nuts. Painting everything in Conor's favor. dumbass.
willmma
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Formerly known as: willmma
June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Jan. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby the_invincible » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:06 pm

robdogj wrote:
the_invincible wrote:I didn't see a single cent being spent in the video, all i saw was bunch of douche bags acting up :lol:

The location is Las Vegas. You know those people don't live there. That bottle of Whiskey isn't free & guess what? That was McGregor Irish Whiskey. If you can't tell that is money spent then I can't help you. I just showed the video to get a feel of the casuals at the Weigh-ins.

from that logic anyone who is walking down the street is spending money, because guess what clothes and shoes cost money :lol:

anyways, i don't think this point it worth debating..... and honestly i dont care if there were drinking satan's piss, i can't stand those rowdy assholes they represent are everything that is wrong with casual mma fans.
the_invincible
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby the_invincible » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm

willmma wrote:I just watched the fight again. It's annoying how much Dominic Cruz was hanging on Conor's nuts. Painting everything in Conor's favor. dumbass.

I was really surprised by that because IMO Dominick has one of the highest fight IQ, its funny how Joe called him out on it immediately :lol:
the_invincible
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:40 pm

willmma wrote:I just watched the fight again. It's annoying how much Dominic Cruz was hanging on Conor's nuts. Painting everything in Conor's favor. dumbass.

Really? I just rewatched it to Naaa he was calling it right and it wasnt aaall in Conors favorite either.I dont even like Cruz but he was saying what was happening for the most part.
What I dont understand about this fight just like watching it live was why dean let Khabib lay and pray for so long in round one?
I mean great strategy and all but he did nothing but wrap up Conors legs and hold him.There really should have been a stand up
Good fight either way,Conor still needs better conditioning if hes gonna have a shot at ever beating Khabib.
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:35 am

The way Khabib grabbed Artem by the back of the neck/head and with their respective backgrounds, along with the background of Russia/Dagestan/Chechnya, Khabib telling him to keep his name out of his mouth, that carries a lot of other things along with it. More like a threat on his physical well being at the least.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:02 am

1098765432 wrote:

Really? I just rewatched it to Naaa he was calling it right and it wasnt aaall in Conors favorite either.I dont even like Cruz but he was saying what was happening for the most part.
What I dont understand about this fight just like watching it live was why dean let Khabib lay and pray for so long in round one?
I mean great strategy and all but he did nothing but wrap up Conors legs and hold him.There really should have been a stand up
Good fight either way,Conor still needs better conditioning if hes gonna have a shot at ever beating Khabib.

Calling for a stand up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cruz was literally saying Conor was rope a doping Khabib. Letting him land ground and pound to tire himself out. That is some of the most nut hugging commentary during a match I have ever heard. I do not blame Cruz though, I assume it was the producers in his ears who were panicking and telling him to say it. Probably the same people who referred to Nunes as "cannon fodder" backstage before she fought Ronda :lol:

I get you're a Mcgregor fan but wtf are you smoking? :lol: Calling for a standup while Khabib is working to get mount

Calling for the fight to be stood up because Conor could not do it himself is not a good look for you :tup:

Kinda like the 3 fence grabs (with his toes) 5+ glove grabs, the 5+ elbows to the back of the head, and the knee to the head when on the bottom in side control, were not a good look for Conor
Mr Meow

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion