Close
Login
Register

Jones: happy for DC. Wants to be 1st LHW and HW champ

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Jones: happy for DC. Wants to be 1st LHW and HW champ

Postby willmma » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:48 pm

Jon Jones: ‘I had to find a place in my heart to be happy’ for Daniel Cormier after UFC 226

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jon-jon ... c-226/amp/

By Drake Riggs

The only UFC light heavyweight champion we’ve had since Jones is his bitter rival, Cormier who has since accomplished something no other man has. Not even Jones himself.

At UFC 226 in July, Cormier defeated the heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic to become the first fighter to ever hold the two heaviest division’s crowns of light heavyweight and heavyweight at the same time.

In a recent chat with RT, Jones explained how he felt about it all as it happened.

“A part of me was upset at first. First, I was surprised. Then I became a little upset because Daniel Cormier was crowned the first heavyweight and light heavyweight champion and in my heart, I know that Daniel Cormier is not the light heavyweight champion, so it bothered me at first.

The next day after a few hours of being awake I realized I cannot be a hater. Someone else’s success has nothing to do with me. What God has for Daniel Cormier is for Daniel Cormier and what he has for me is for me, and so I had to find a place in my heart to be happy for him.

At the same time, I feel like when I come back into the game and get my light heavyweight championship back and become a heavyweight champion simultaneously, I feel like the fans will know that I’m truly the first heavyweight and light heavyweight champion.”

The 31-year old’s fighting future remains in question as he could be facing up to a four-year suspension from USADA after his most recent drug test failure in July 2017.

GSP > Anderson Silva (DD Bacon 8 )

willmma
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Formerly known as: willmma
June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Jan. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: Jones: happy for DC. Wants to be 1st LHW and HW champ

Postby mrbwo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Jon Jones needs to take his rightful throne again. #makeufcgreatagain
Karma is everything.

Jon Jones >> Your Favorite Fighter
mrbwo
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby TFlock » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:56 pm

He still doesn’t understand that he had steroids in his system and DC did not. We all know he probably still would have won the fight but roids are roids. He’s been taking shit his whole career and DC has probably never touched it before.

DC is the first LHW and HW champ! Fuck off Jon Jones!
Meow was right, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the GOAT of acting, fighting and being a human in general. Plus he faked his own death and has a massive slong. All hail the GOAT!!

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:58 pm

mrbwo wrote:Jon Jones needs to take his rightful throne again. #makeufcgreatagain

He could have last time against DC

Sadly Jones did not have the balls to fight DC clean 2 out of 3 times :-?

Will Jones man up and own responsibility for doping? To be continued

Spoiler:
No he won't :tup:

Spoiler:
Nice to see ya back sir. Sorry my response to your first post in awhile has to be like this :lol: :lol:
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby philphan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:18 pm

TFlock wrote:He still doesn’t understand that he had steroids in his system and DC did not. We all know he probably still would have won the fight but roids are roids. He’s been taking shit his whole career and DC has probably never touched it before.

:star: :star:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:03 pm

mrbwo wrote:Jon Jones needs to take his rightful throne again. #makeufcgreatagain
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:41 am

TFlock wrote:He still doesn’t understand that he had steroids in his system and DC did not. We all know he probably still would have won the fight but roids are roids. He’s been taking shit his whole career and DC has probably never touched it before.

He doesn't need to understand that bro, getting caught on the juice was just part of god's plan for him.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby PBells » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:57 am

DeceptaCon wrote:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:23 am

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:

He doesn't need to understand that bro, getting caught on the juice was just part of god's plan for him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was all part of God's plan and it is totally racist to blame Jones for failing multiple drug tests. The urine sample containers were made in deep south Alabama and therefore were racists :tup:
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:31 am

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Return to MMA Discussion