Close
Login
Register

If Anderson had the chance would he had been double champ?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: If Anderson had the chance would he had been double cham

Postby jjmmajkd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:38 am

DeceptaCon wrote:
PBells wrote:
blackmetalcarson wrote:You know it honestly makes me wonder how many people would have popped had USADA been around back then when Silva was dominant.

I'd say literally everyone. :pillred:

Except for BJ Penn and the Diaz bros

To be fair some people perform better when they are high.
jjmmajkd
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: First "Guess da Linka" Champion
WAG Champion
First Video Mod
Served on the front lines during the "Asian Invasion"
Made the Zuffa Video Threads
Banned 6RANDON1POSEY9

Postby BeastMode209 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm

It's pretty amazing he only needed one belt to be the GOAT. Anderson to Android, it makes no difference. He could have been a 3 division champion :P
C-League Fucked Your Mom Team
Cowboy
Signature Bet Record 16(1)-23
-HW- Dana White/Hunt -LHW- Jones -MW- Spider -WW- Diaz//MMFB -LW- Diaz//Cerrone -FW-Notorious//SageNC -BW- Bruce Leeroy/-WBW-/Who fucking cares -FW- Cubby
-FLY- Benavidez

Chuck Bader
Spoiler:
BeastMode209
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:37 pm

BeastMode209 wrote:It's pretty amazing he only needed one belt to be the GOAT. Anderson to Android, it makes no difference. He could have been a 3 division champion :P

Its a given he could had 3 belts due to the way he raped faces and destroyed Forrest who was one fight removed from being the champ. Also Silva probably could have beat GSP. Of course there would be no way in Hell GSP would ever risk his legacy on such a risky fight. Freakin Ando fought DC.
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby ryotostpierre » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:55 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
BeastMode209 wrote:It's pretty amazing he only needed one belt to be the GOAT. Anderson to Android, it makes no difference. He could have been a 3 division champion :P

Its a given he could had 3 belts due to the way he raped faces and destroyed Forrest who was one fight removed from being the champ. Also Silva probably could have beat GSP. Of course there would be no way in Hell GSP would ever risk his legacy on such a risky fight. Freakin Ando fought DC.

GSP vs Anderson at WW at the prime of Anderson and GSP's respective title runs I think GSP solves it and takes Anderson deep before getting a grapple fuck/GnP win. At MW Anderson wins in usual Anderson fashion easy though.

Silva easily would have lifted the LHW belt at his prime from most, if not all, of the LHW champs he was contemporaries with leading up to Jones. I would rather have seen him take out a few of those guys honestly than some of his less thrilling MW defenses but no going back now.
RSP bitches!
ryotostpierre
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:12 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
blackmetalcarson wrote:Yeah I remember Lutter almost beating him with plenty of time left in the fight getting the top of his head caved in. The ONLY way Lutter almost beat him would have been if the elbows Anderson used were illegal. That was the only chance Lutter had. As for Sonnen, well, we all know that story. Silva's ribs were injured and he was fighting a roided opponent and STILL came out on top and if you need any more evidence as to why that wasn't the typical Silva in that fight, see the rematch where Sonnen essentially got a reverse alien chestburster for his troubles as a result of a missed spinning backfist. As far as Weidman beating Silva in his prime... Lol Weidman was making Maia's stand-up look fairly passable. The same Weidman in that fight would have been crushed.

Lutter took him down and got the mount.

Also Dread thinks taht Anderson was losnig on the feet and getting dropped by Sonnen, left and right, just so he could submit him...This doesnt make much sense.. but A.O.K - Okay

I guess you didn't read most of his post.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby DreadLobster » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:01 am

blackmetalcarson wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
blackmetalcarson wrote:Yeah I remember Lutter almost beating him with plenty of time left in the fight getting the top of his head caved in. The ONLY way Lutter almost beat him would have been if the elbows Anderson used were illegal. That was the only chance Lutter had. As for Sonnen, well, we all know that story. Silva's ribs were injured and he was fighting a roided opponent and STILL came out on top and if you need any more evidence as to why that wasn't the typical Silva in that fight, see the rematch where Sonnen essentially got a reverse alien chestburster for his troubles as a result of a missed spinning backfist. As far as Weidman beating Silva in his prime... Lol Weidman was making Maia's stand-up look fairly passable. The same Weidman in that fight would have been crushed.

Also Dread thinks taht Anderson was losnig on the feet and getting dropped by Sonnen, left and right, just so he could submit him...This doesnt make much sense.. but A.O.K - Okay

Or pay attention to what Silva was saying and doing going into the fight.

And also, regardless of any of these things, Anderson won both fights via stoppage. So... I’m not sure what any of this proves. Battling through adversity is not a weakness.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:20 am

blackmetalcarson wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

no man.. I read all of it and I re-read it now,ust to be sure. Dread is sort of implying that since he was wearing his gi and shouting jiu jitsu, that he got rocked on the feet multiple times only cause he wasn't interested to strike and he only wanted a submission.

The problem to that is that it makes 0 sense. Sonnen's legacy is zero, in comparison to Silva's..but if we have to be honest.. He won: five and a half rounds and managed to be finished,twice, in the span of five point seven rounds.

No one in his right mind though should ever say that Sonnen did not dominate Silva for at least 28 out of 30 total minutes.

Why do I bother saying all this ? ?

Just to point out that Anderson's cryptonite was a natural wrestler with a bit of striking.

St Pierre is the best MMA wrestler, he has a great chin and he is one of the best strikers in the history of the sport.

St Pierre >> Anderson, had they ever fought. 8-9 out of 10 times, the George would grinde and rub against Anderson for 5 rounds.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:46 am

So who all was Rashad holding down and smothering with a lay n pray takedown oriented game?

All sorts of people here are saying Rashad would have held down and lay n prayed Silva for 5 rounds. Personally I can not see that. I mean who were all these fighters Rashad was doing this to at this point? As far as I remember after the Salmon headkick ko Rashad really did not use his wrestling a whole lot. Other than ground and pound on Griffin who was rocked on the feet beforehand.

Anything is possible but I do not see a prime Silva getting held down for 5 rounds by a guy who was not holding anyone down for 3 rounds much less 5.

If I am not remembering some classic Rashad smother fests let me know. I remember his vaguely doing it to Thiago Silva and old man no knees Rampage but to me that does not imply he would do the same to prime Silva

Just my view :tup:
Officially 7-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:58 am

Mr Meow wrote:So who all was Rashad holding down and smothering with a lay n pray takedown oriented game?

All sorts of people here are saying Rashad would have held down and lay n prayed Silva for 5 rounds. Personally I can not see that. I mean who were all these fighters Rashad was doing this to at this point? As far as I remember after the Salmon headkick ko Rashad really did not use his wrestling a whole lot. Other than ground and pound on Griffin who was rocked on the feet beforehand.

Anything is possible but I do not see a prime Silva getting held down for 5 rounds by a guy who was not holding anyone down for 3 rounds much less 5.

If I am not remembering some classic Rashad smother fests let me know. I remember his vaguely doing it to Thiago Silva and old man no knees Rampage but to me that does not imply he would do the same to prime Silva

you just answered your own question.

Hashad pre machida would have lost. Post machida,he would have found a way to stay away and neutralize Ando-son

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby jjmmajkd » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:00 am

I agree with the cat person I don't see that necissarily being the case, however if there was aaaany time you would forego being exciting for the sake of Laying and Praying for a belt it's with prime Silva. So I don't think he could just up and do it but I think if he were gonna try that would be the time...then again Rashad did stand with Jones.
jjmmajkd

WAG Champion
First Video Mod
Banned 6RANDON1POSEY9

Postby DreadLobster » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:23 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
no man.. I read all of it and I re-read it now,ust to be sure. Dread is sort of implying that since he was wearing his gi and shouting jiu jitsu, that he got rocked on the feet multiple times only cause he wasn't interested to strike and he only wanted a submission.

The problem to that is that it makes 0 sense. Sonnen's legacy is zero, in comparison to Silva's..but if we have to be honest.. He won: five and a half rounds and managed to be finished,twice, in the span of five point seven rounds.

No one in his right mind though should ever say that Sonnen did not dominate Silva for at least 28 out of 30 total minutes.

You're entitled to believe whatever you want. Truth doesn't demand belief. What I said is indisputable. It wasn't an opinion. He said he was going to go in there and submit him, and he did. He's never made a show out of wearing his gi and literally kneeling and yelling Jui Jitsu before his fights. If you want to assume it was all just a random coincidence despite everything he said and the fact that it all literally happened, that's up to you.

It doesn't mean Sonnen didn't punch him in the face a bunch and win rounds. I never said that shit didn't happen. I said it doesn't matter. :lol:

And I never said it makes sense. In fact I said it was arrogant showboating. It was stupid. But it happened.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby DreadLobster » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Mr Meow wrote:So who all was Rashad holding down and smothering with a lay n pray takedown oriented game?

I'm can't speak for anyone else but I'm not entirely how saying Rashad could hold Silva down implies that anyone thinks he won all of his matches via lay and pray. That's just how I saw things playing out based on the fact Anderson didn't have the TDD that Machida had and Rashad was at the time a very solid wrestler. And while he has a few wins via gnp, I just don't see him being able to do it to Silva. He even survived underneath Cormier on a week's notice.

Its all just speculation.

But really I don't know why this thread is even still going. The answer is yes. If they gave him a title shot at 205 pre-Machida there's a very good chance he would've won.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby jjmmajkd » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:28 pm

^Maybe because Silva was so focused on submitting Cheal he threw him self off his own game and got his ass kicked most of the time.
jjmmajkd

WAG Champion
First Video Mod
Banned 6RANDON1POSEY9

Postby slevin » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:30 pm

Not to mention Dan Henderson dropped him with a jab. Rashad was cocky and didn't fight very smart, I think Anderson could capatilize on this. Rashad lost two rounds by striking to Forest. Anderson always had underrated TDD, and stopped takedowns from Brunson, Weidman and Chael. I don' think it is unreasonable to believe that Anderson could counter Rashad and stop takedowns. On the other hand Rashad has good wrestling, and was able to dominate Phil Davis on the ground, who is a big strong wrestler. Lol I just saw Dread's response to yours and i am unsure who is more dangerous on top, I figure Cormeir, but if he couldnt do anything significant i am not sure how Rashad would be able too.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
Aug 2017 MMALinker Fantasy Fix GP Champion
May 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby jjmmajkd » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:38 pm

^ I think it can be done at that time, but it wouldn't be as easy as people have been saying and really considering the time it's more likely Silva woulda knocked Rashad out on his feet with his reach. Really I don't see it as impossible that he woulda beat any LHW champ at the time. So it the UFC is only letting guys like GSP and Anderson get double titles now when they could have had them then.
jjmmajkd

WAG Champion
First Video Mod
Banned 6RANDON1POSEY9

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion