Close
Login
Register

If Anderson had the chance would he had been double champ?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: If Anderson had the chance would he had been double cham

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:22 am

Anderson silva couldnt really beat Otsuka...as he was gifted a decision..Otsuka had good catch wrestling and he was a 'brawler' limited skills, to say the least

And 'Ando',coudlnt beat him.. :lol: ..... just saying .. .. .......

GOAT my fucking ASS. Liddell would have tortched Otsuka in less than 2 minutes.

(guy mezger killed him twice)

Be reaaaaall.. Anderson started his career as a fucking LW.

:lol:

6'2 and a fucking lightweight... .....

Cheated Sakurai out of his first loss.. .. Sakurai, at lets say: 167 pounds and 5'11, fighting a natural MW-HW, who is being a dick and decided to start at LW.

We need someone like Fedor or BJ..

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:26 am

Anderson is like a christiano ronaldo or like a Messi... (hard work paid off)

Fedor,Wandy,Belfort,Aldo,BJ,Werdum(yes and no),Big Nog... These guys were at the top of the MMA game, since day one. I am not suggesting that they didnt try.... but they were almost 100% ready at age 18. Not at age 29. They were like Pele,Ronaldo#9 and Maradona.

Anderson is Messi. Still GREAT. but,meeh.. too many asterisks.. I enjoyed seeing him 'in the Matrix', from '07-;10... and i still enjoy him very much...

But he aint the best ever. Frank Shamrock, for instance, would ahve killed him, in his prime..

(see how he treated Hendo in a grappling match)

anyway.. opinions are like asscracks.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:23 pm

TheMadTitan wrote:Mabybe not Machida but he would have Dusted Liddell, Rampage or Shogun at that period in time.

I still totally disaggre with Andro beating any of those guys even at that time.And yes Machida would have beaten Anderson
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby DreadLobster » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:00 pm

I think, and this is just my opinion, mind you... You'd have to be out of your goddamn mind to think he couldn't have beaten the lazy ass Rampage Jackson that got beat by Griffin, not to mention the obvious easy win over Griffin at 205 one fight removed from him holding the belt. So yeah, he most certainly could've done it.

I think Rashad prior to the Machida fight probably could've held him down. I could see Anderson catching him, but Rashad would've been a much tougher matchup for him than for Machida.

I don't see how anyone thinks he couldn't have beaten Shogun. I love Shogun, and sure, he had a hell of a chin... but even when he wins he takes a beating. Just leaves way too many openings. I think Anderson would've caught him with something. I'd still watch that fight.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby jjmmajkd » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:21 pm

DreadLobster wrote:I think, and this is just my opinion, mind you... You'd have to be out of your goddamn mind to think he couldn't have beaten the lazy ass Rampage Jackson that got beat by Griffin, not to mention the obvious easy win over Griffin at 205 one fight removed from him holding the belt. So yeah, he most certainly could've done it.

I think Rashad prior to the Machida fight probably could've held him down. I could see Anderson catching him, but Rashad would've been a much tougher matchup for him than for Machida.

I don't see how anyone thinks he couldn't have beaten Shogun. I love Shogun, and sure, he had a hell of a chin... but even when he wins he takes a beating. Just leaves way too many openings. I think Anderson would've caught him with something. I'd still watch that fight.

Exactly had it been Anderson instead of Rashad Silva would have been the first double champ. At the time though they didn't want to do double title fights so that the belts would have more value, but now that you got two double champions it just seems like Anderson got robbed of the credit he could have easily earned.
jjmmajkd
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: First "Guess da Linka" Champion
WAG Champion
First Video Mod
Served on the front lines during the "Asian Invasion"
Made the Zuffa Video Threads
Banned 6RANDON1POSEY9

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:36 am

I don't think Rashad could have held down Silva. That's just me, IMO, Anderson has fought much more dangerous grapplers who set a frenetic pace and he nearly lost, but his opponent was juicing also.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:27 am

^^ otsuka

''

EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby jblaze » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:12 am

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:Anderson silva couldnt really beat Otsuka...as he was gifted a decision..Otsuka had good catch wrestling and he was a 'brawler' limited skills, to say the least

And 'Ando',coudlnt beat him.. :lol: ..... just saying .. .. .......

GOAT my fucking ASS. Liddell would have tortched Otsuka in less than 2 minutes.

(guy mezger killed him twice)

Be reaaaaall.. Anderson started his career as a fucking LW.

:lol:

6'2 and a fucking lightweight... .....

Cheated Sakurai out of his first loss.. .. Sakurai, at lets say: 167 pounds and 5'11, fighting a natural MW-HW, who is being a dick and decided to start at LW.

We need someone like Fedor or BJ..

Silva was never that big at the time he was a lightweight which was 160 pounds in Japan. I believe he was walking around at 180 something pounds. As he got older he moved up to WW and in The UFC it was MW. Sakurai was around 5'8. Allot of people are confusing having a large frame with being a big guy. This is the same guy who broke his shin in half with a checked leg kick. This indicates to me that his bones are not dense and his muscles are not large. People tried to comment about how heavy his walk around weight was in the UFC. He could have walked around at 220 pounds. However I think he would have had a belly and his optimal weight was between 202-210 pounds for fighting. That's why he was comfortable in the MW division. Anyway as ridiculous as his starting weight sounds I remember being a young guy myself. Paying rent and transportation costs. Going out with whatever money I had left. Many times I would miss meals from not being at home and not having the money to eat out. I am willing to assume that Silva as a young MMA fighter had a similar experience and that accounts for some of the reason his weight was low. He probably also was trying to gain a competitive advantage over opponents and moved up when the cut was to much.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:45 am

^^ .'''He probably also was trying to gain a competitive advantage over opponents and moved up when the cut was to much.'''

^^

That's what I was implying.. . Walking @220 but I don't think we've ever seen Ando,sporting a 'gut'.

Anderson was given favorable opponents in most of his 'tear' in the UFC.

Wiedman would have fucked him up, even in his prime.

^^ Anderson Silva looks big enough,in that fight. (I by no means trying to 'trash' Otsuka, as he was a great catch-wrestler who was willing to brawl.. but let's get real.. Ando was given a gift by the judges,if I remember correctly.(*edit -> Watched the first round - Ando got a reversal,threatened with subs,Ando 1 - Otsuka - 0 (fight is scored as a whole.Round 2 goes to Otsuka.round 3 ended with anderson going for a heelhook-kneebar,and otsuka having a leg,as well.. 'booo'.not a robbery.. but Otsuka could ahve taken the nod as well.-->Anderson Silva was reported to be 187 pounds(so this was not his final form,indeed).

Travis Lutter almost beat him. Same with Sonnen.

The only victories that really stand out are: Rich Franklin(although he was beaten before he entered-scared out of his mind) - Henderson and Belfort.

Only one of these guys is a wrestler. Yushin was again fighting scared. anyway..

I wonna say that Anderson is #2 at MW, after Frank Shamrock and that he should have gone up and beat people up both at LHW and HW.

He did have that ability... Anderson could have been a three division champ..

(Then again.. he could have lost in under a minute by someone like Jon Madsen)

^^Who Fedor would kill in under a minute.

anyway..

''

EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Yeah I remember Lutter almost beating him with plenty of time left in the fight getting the top of his head caved in. The ONLY way Lutter almost beat him would have been if the elbows Anderson used were illegal. That was the only chance Lutter had. As for Sonnen, well, we all know that story. Silva's ribs were injured and he was fighting a roided opponent and STILL came out on top and if you need any more evidence as to why that wasn't the typical Silva in that fight, see the rematch where Sonnen essentially got a reverse alien chestburster for his troubles as a result of a missed spinning backfist. As far as Weidman beating Silva in his prime... Lol Weidman was making Maia's stand-up look fairly passable. The same Weidman in that fight would have been crushed.
blackmetalcarson

Postby DreadLobster » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:12 pm

^Rib injury or not, I still say the only reason Silva vs Sonnen 1 was competitive was because Silva swore he would submit him.

The dude showed up in his BJJ gi, shouted "Jui Jitsu" before the fight (none of which is normal for him unless I missed something), and then submitted the guy. He called his shot and people try to act like its a moment of weakness.

I'll be the first to throw Silva under the bus for his laziness, arrogance, showboating, and for his steroid use, but really, Chael had no business ever being in the cage with him and Silva proved it twice. It was a joke of a matchup. People who bought into Chael "banned from real estate" Sonnen's tough guy act are simpletons who probably watch the Bachelor and think its real.

Plus Chael was juiced to the gills too, so I can't even really fault Silva for that in this case. He's a wet paper bag that wilts at the first sign of a fight. If he can't hold the other person down or catch an early sub his fallback plan is fetal position.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:17 pm

You know it honestly makes me wonder how many people would have popped had USADA been around back then when Silva was dominant.
blackmetalcarson

Postby PBells » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:31 pm

blackmetalcarson wrote:You know it honestly makes me wonder how many people would have popped had USADA been around back then when Silva was dominant.

I'd say literally everyone. :pillred:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:30 am

PBells wrote:
blackmetalcarson wrote:You know it honestly makes me wonder how many people would have popped had USADA been around back then when Silva was dominant.

I'd say literally everyone. :pillred:

Except for BJ Penn and the Diaz bros
Spoiler:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:20 am

blackmetalcarson wrote:Yeah I remember Lutter almost beating him with plenty of time left in the fight getting the top of his head caved in. The ONLY way Lutter almost beat him would have been if the elbows Anderson used were illegal. That was the only chance Lutter had. As for Sonnen, well, we all know that story. Silva's ribs were injured and he was fighting a roided opponent and STILL came out on top and if you need any more evidence as to why that wasn't the typical Silva in that fight, see the rematch where Sonnen essentially got a reverse alien chestburster for his troubles as a result of a missed spinning backfist. As far as Weidman beating Silva in his prime... Lol Weidman was making Maia's stand-up look fairly passable. The same Weidman in that fight would have been crushed.

Lutter took him down and got the mount.

Also Dread thinks taht Anderson was losnig on the feet and getting dropped by Sonnen, left and right, just so he could submit him...This doesnt make much sense.. but A.O.K - Okay

''

EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion